+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Incomplete application returned: should I reprint?

rairaiken

Apr 4, 2012
Hello,

My application was returned because of missing information, which is the validity period of my passport (question 6E). I currently don't have a valid passport as it's being renewed.

Now, on the box for question 6E, I checked "No", now I wanna change it to "Yes", should I:

1. Update and reprint that page only or should I redo/reprint the entire form?
2. Write a letter of explanation?

TIA

Canadiangoose

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Hello,

My application was returned because of missing information, which is the validity period of my passport (question 6E). I currently don't have a valid passport as it's being renewed.

Now, on the box for question 6E, I checked "No", now I wanna change it to "Yes", should I:

TIA
Hi,

When was your file received by cic??

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
Hello,

TIA
Its better to use the same application , please check the link below

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/admin/general/accept.asp

Using the same application

It is not necessary for the applicant to submit a new application kit or to re-sign and redate an application every time an application is returned for incompleteness. If an application is signed and dated, not postdated or staledated, it is considered “locked-in” on the date that it is originally signed and dated. The filing date is used to maintain, for example, the original residence calculation. Therefore, the applicant(s) must provide the missing information and/or documentation and resubmit the same application.

Joeeyes

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
Hello,

TIA
Did you submit a bio page of the expired passport?

If the passport is expired and has not be renewed, you would think that indicates there is no gap and (Question 6E) box should be checked off as "No"?

I am currently completing my application with an expired passport and have checked off that box as "No".

Joe