+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

income tax filling

as aa

Feb 21, 2017
Hi, I sent m'y application 13/02/2017. For the question (tax income) i answer yes for tax filled and for the tax required i didnt answer ne ther yes or no i let it with out answer, do you think that m'y application Will be accepted

Need Canadian Pr

Jan 25, 2015
as aa said:
Hi, I sent m'y application 13/02/2017. For the question (tax income) i answer yes for tax filled and for the tax required i didnt answer ne ther yes or no i let it with out answer, do you think that m'y application Will be accepted
both you should write YES

if not your application would be returned

Fhaider

Star Member
May 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oops..

I thought this question was about if I have filed or not.
I've put "no" in required to file
And "Yes" in "Taxes Filed"

Anyone any thoughts about it ??

Need Canadian Pr

Jan 25, 2015
Fhaider said:
Oops..

I thought this question was about if I have filed or not.
I've put "no" in required to file
And "Yes" in "Taxes Filed"

Anyone any thoughts about it ??
get ready for return your application

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Not so sure this will result in an application being returned.

A "no" response as to whether the applicant was required to file a return that year does not preclude the possibility that the applicant filed a tax return for that year. So, a "no" as to required to file for the same year as "yes" a return was filed is not problematic or otherwise does not make the application incomplete.

There are multiple reasons why even a resident might not be required to file a return for a given year. So "no" responses to this should, generally, not be a reason an application is deemed incomplete and returned.

There is no requirement mandating that applicants must have filed tax returns except that for at least four of the relevant tax years, the applicant must have complied with any requirement to file taxes. Thus, a "yes" response in the required to file field for three or more of the preceding six years, for which the filed field is "no" (or blank), would make the applicant NOT eligible on the face of the application, and that would either result in the application being returned or subsequently denied.

Leaving blank the field for noting whether or not a return was required might result in the application being returned as incomplete, which generally is the risk for leaving any item or field blank. Likewise if the required to file field is checked yes and the filed field is left blank.

Otherwise inconsistent or erroneous entries in these fields are more likely to result in questions later.

Also note, these responses may be shared with CRA, and CRA can verify or contradict whether returns were filed.

Fhaider

Star Member
May 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dpenabill said:
Not so sure this will result in an application being returned.

A "no" response as to whether the applicant was required to file a return that year does not preclude the possibility that the applicant filed a tax return for that year. So, a "no" as to required to file for the same year as "yes" a return was filed is not problematic or otherwise does not make the application incomplete.

There are multiple reasons why even a resident might not be required to file a return for a given year. So "no" responses to this should, generally, not be a reason an application is deemed incomplete and returned.

There is no requirement mandating that applicants must have filed tax returns except that for at least four of the relevant tax years, the applicant must have complied with any requirement to file taxes. Thus, a "yes" response in the required to file field for three or more of the preceding six years, for which the filed field is "no" (or blank), would make the applicant NOT eligible on the face of the application, and that would either result in the application being returned or subsequently denied.

Leaving blank the field for noting whether or not a return was required might result in the application being returned as incomplete, which generally is the risk for leaving any item or field blank. Likewise if the required to file field is checked yes and the filed field is left blank.

Otherwise inconsistent or erroneous entries in these fields are more likely to result in questions later.

Also note, these responses may be shared with CRA, and CRA can verify or contradict whether returns were filed.
Thank you very much for detailed response. This is what I was thinking and you said it all..

as aa

Feb 21, 2017
But I recieved m'y AOR 23/02 and m'y ecas is (in process) 01/03 do you think that m'y application Will be return during processsing

Fhaider

Star Member
May 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
as aa said:

Really .. it means I shouldn't have a problem then ..

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
It will be returned because you had to choose between YES and NO. Unless, your officer is nice.

Everyone is encouraged to seek help before sending the application. In here, there are many nice and friendly people who are willing to help. God bless them all.

Fhaider

Star Member
May 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I believe once it goes into process, there's is no question of completeness of application??

Fhaider

Star Member
May 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Whocares said:
It will be returned because you had to choose between YES and NO. Unless, your officer is nice.

Everyone is encouraged to seek help before sending the application. In here, there are many nice and friendly people who are willing to help. God bless them all.
Yes, there are many helpful people here. God bless them all.
What about me. I said no to "required to file" and yes to "taxes filed"

as aa

Feb 21, 2017
When i check in cic "steps of application " if the app is incomplete they return it before processing and if the app is complète they send the AOR and they start the processing

Fhaider

Star Member
May 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
as aa said:
When i check in cic "steps of application " if the app is incomplete they return it before processing and if the app is complète they send the AOR and they start the processing
I think you shouldn't have any problems.