+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Including CBSA report for PR renewal

simplyproductive

Star Member
Dec 17, 2012
Hi, everyone
Do you think its a good idea to include CBSA report and medical billing history for PR renewal.
Appreciate all your response.Thanks

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Renewal form asks you to consent to CIC getting your travel records from CBSA. As for the billing how much documentation do you have? Also how many in Canada days are you declaring? Inclusion won't harm your application but if CIC decide to RQ you then they will regardless of what you included in your application.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should order your CBSA records and make sure they match your records. If you have traveled to the US a lot, you can also get the US entry exit records. CIC can get the CBSA records themselves if you check that box on the application but you can send the ones from the US.

simplyproductive

Star Member
Dec 17, 2012
Msafiri/Leon Thanks for your prompt response.
I got RQ for citizenship which I submitted on August,2013 I was absent 161 days for the past 5 years. three visit to home country . No USA travel. Never worked in Canada. Used to live in USA . Medical billing record shows my continuous presence .
Do you think they will issue RQ again for PR Renewal?
Thanks

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They can issue RQ yet again. What is your citizenship timeline? Is this a pretest, at test or post test RQ? Unless you have an extensive history of medical billing its not enough on its own...the red flag I see from your post is that you never worked in Canada. Were you self employed or how did you make a living is what CIC are wondering? That you used to live in the US is likely another issue - what was your US status?

simplyproductive

Star Member
Dec 17, 2012
Dear Msafiri thanks for your time here is the answer
Citizenship time line;
Applied: October 8, 2012
Process: January 12, 2013
Got pre-test RQ July 10, 2013
RQ submitted Aug 15, 2013
Worked 15 years in USA Came with my life savings it’s written in my landing paper (lost most of it in FOREX) Lost US statues, it was 245(i) with work authorization. Now preparing for CGA exams.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you already have the info for the citizenship RQ sure submit it for the PR Card renewal too. I still think it will be referred to the Local Office - there are concerns about your residency already. Fairly or unfairly not working in Canada is such a major red flag. Full time working is the best evidence of presence because it requires a daily attendance for most of the week. If you had enough savings to cover your daily costs then fair enough but you have to demonstrate this. Its tough when you lose to the market. I recall the ERM saga that cost the British treasury (read taxpayers) billions of Sterling on forex trades against the Deutsche Mark and resulted in some scalps for the then Tory government. Plenty of currency speculators retired on the day from the profits they made though!