+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inaccurate Description of My Duties in Employer Reference Letter

donnydarko

Jul 19, 2021
Several years ago, I was employed by a Canadian company, and my former manager provided me with a basic reference letter that did not accurately reflect my actual job responsibilities. Since the manager has retired and I have no means of contacting them, I approached the General Manager (GM) and the Engineering Manager for a new letter. I provided them with a template outlining my actual duties during my employment and requested that they include these details in the letter. The GM refused, stating that the duties listed did not accurately represent the nature of my work. The Engineering Manager declined to assist, citing that I did not directly work under him.

If I receive an ITA and submit an employer letter with duties that do not exactly match the NOC selected, could this pose a problem? Can my former colleagues provide testimony confirming that these were indeed my actual duties? I have evidence in the form of emails exchanged with my former employer. Any guidance on this matter would be greatly appreciated.