+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In which stage are we ? PLEASE HELP!

Noname5

Sep 4, 2014
Hello . I`m new to this forum and I have a couple questions. My wife and I got married and we sent the application in Mississauga. First mail was that the application was received by the CIC and the second mail was that the Sponsorship is approved and application sent for the further processing in Vienna . On ECAS says :

Sponsorship Application Status - Decision Made
1. We received your application to sponsor .......
2. We started processing your application on .....
3. We sent you a letter on ..... about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Permanent Residence Application Status - Application Received
1. We received .......... application for permanent residence ......

My question is : What`s next ? In which stage are we ? We already wait one month from Mississauga and 5 months from Vienna ...

amyt1984

Sep 11, 2014
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-05-2014
File Transfer...
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
You're in stage 2....the same as me.

They have approved the person who is the sponsor, now they will look at the person needing PR.

The status should change at some point to 'in progress', which means Vienna will have started work on your file. As it has been 5 months already, the likelihood is they just haven’t changed the status online, which other people on here are seeing too.

Fingers crossed for you they hurry up!

What is the current processing time at the Vienna office?

:)

Noname5

Sep 4, 2014
Thank you so much for your answer and your wishes ! :)
The processing time for Vienna is 17 months. That`s why I`m so frustrated...
In which VO did you apply in ?
Wish you best of luck and shorter processing time !

amyt1984

Sep 11, 2014
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-05-2014
File Transfer...
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
17 months is harsh, but that's the 'average time'. If your application is quite straightforward it could be much quicker.

Our VO is London, and on the website it says 11 months. However, people are reporting decision made in less than 3 months in some cases. My file only got transferred there yesterday, after it was delayed because of one form, but I'm hopeful it will go through pretty fast now.

I hope you hear something soon too! :)

amyt1984

Sep 11, 2014
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-05-2014
File Transfer...
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
Apparently I stand corrected - its not the 'average time'. But its still not bad news, it still could be alot quicker than the 17 months.
Another memeber just said this:

Actually the processing times posted on CIC site for the visa offices, do NOT say "average" time anywhere. Those are times for 80% processing, which is definitely not reflective of true average times. Average times would be represented more by the 50% processing stat, which you can see by downloading CIC's opendata spreadsheet.

80% times on CIC site, are more worst-case times or the time reflective of the slowest 20% of applications. So an increase in 1 month of the posted times may not have any impact at all to the "average" application. In majority of cases, straightforward apps are processed quicker than the posted times on CIC site.

Noname5

Sep 4, 2014
Thanks!!

We have not received an acknowledgement letter, saying that the documents were received in Vienna. Although, when my husband emailed them, they replied that the papers are received in their office. In the mean time, we applied for a tourist visa and in the response letter we found a new UCI number, with which we log in to ECAS and the current status for the PR application shows.We have obviously received a new uci number for the wife; however they haven't updated the website. We are wondering if this new uci number means that the application is in process or still in queue . The site reads documents received ....

commonlawsponsor

May 29, 2013
Berlin
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
08-03-2014
File Transfer...
10-03-2014
Med's Done....
21-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2014
LANDED..........
Will land 27-11-2014
Unfortunately Vienna tends to stick very close to the posted times. A lot of people in the "Family Sponsorship" forum - Vienna thread have been waiting quite awhile. Very few cases seem to be processed quicker than the posted time unlike some other visa offices.
Hang in there though.