+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In the CBSA report, is there Canada Exit Time?

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
Guys how long it took you to receive the CBSA report? it has been a month already since I submitted mine .. nothing yet!

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Takes 30 - 45 days...

sicko86 said:
Guys how long it took you to receive the CBSA report? it has been a month already since I submitted mine .. nothing yet!

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its not a requirement for the application...
CIC asks for conscent on the application to retrieve the CBSA report on your behalf.

Good Luck!

flamingteeth said:
I may not be able to wait for the CBSA report... I may have to submit the application soon...

flamingteeth

Star Member
May 26, 2014
daktrader said:
Its not a requirement for the application...
CIC asks for conscent on the application to retrieve the CBSA report on your behalf.

Good Luck!
daktrader,what is your opinion?

Can I just use the Hongkong entry time as the time when I leave Canada?

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would personally use the actual date on which I left Canada...

flamingteeth said:
daktrader,what is your opinion?

Can I just use the Hongkong entry time as the time when I leave Canada?

flamingteeth

Star Member
May 26, 2014
daktrader said:
I would personally use the actual date on which I left Canada...
I trust your judgement.

The reason why I ask for this question is that NONE of my friends was asked about the "leave date"... They all have the same scenario like me, and all of them use Hongkong entry time as Canada Leave time...

I found it really unfair for me...

montrealia

Star Member
May 12, 2014
flamingteeth said:
If that is the case, I can name my exit time myself.

My point is, for long distance travel, let say from Canada to Asia, it might take more than one day. If I leave Canada on Aug 30 2013 (No exit stamp), and arrive in Asia on Sep 1st 2013 (With entry stamp), my leave time should be Aug 30th 2013.

However, if there is No exit record, Can I say my leave time is Sep 1st 2013, because there is no Aug 30th 2013 thing in my passport...
You're supposed to write the actual exit date, Aug 30th 2013. That said, I did that with a trip to Europe (wrote Aug 31, and the Europe entry stamp was Sept 1st) and the officer interviewing me got confused about it! Still, it was on my favor, so she didn't insist much.

flamingteeth

Star Member
May 26, 2014
montrealia said:
You're supposed to write the actual exit date, Aug 30th 2013. That said, I did that with a trip to Europe (wrote Aug 31, and the Europe entry stamp was Sept 1st) and the officer interviewing me got confused about it! Still, it was on my favor, so she didn't insist much.
montrealia,

You mean you put the one day earlier than the entry stamp, and the officer got confused about that?

Therefore, you mean that the officer expects to see the Europe entry time on the residence calculator??? Then it will solve all my problem. Put the Hongkong entry time, et voila~

montrealia

Star Member
May 12, 2014
flamingteeth said:
montrealia,

You mean you put the one day earlier than the entry stamp, and the officer got confused about that?

Therefore, you mean that the officer expects to see the Europe entry time on the residence calculator??? Then it will solve all my problem. Put the Hongkong entry time, et voila~
I mean that the right thing is to write Aug 31st (day you left Canada) instead of Sept 1st (European entry stamp), but the particular officer who interviewed me got confused about this.

So, your question makes sense.

Still, my advice is to wait enough days to apply until you can write the dates you actually left Canada...

flamingteeth

Star Member
May 26, 2014
montrealia said:
I mean that the right thing is to write Aug 31st (day you left Canada) instead of Sept 1st (European entry stamp), but the particular officer who interviewed me got confused about this.

So, your question makes sense.

Still, my advice is to wait enough days to apply until you can write the dates you actually left Canada...
Yes, you are right, I will be waiting some more days to compensate my time.

flamingteeth

Star Member
May 26, 2014
flamingteeth said:
Yes, you are right, I will be waiting some more days to compensate my time.

I found a better idea.

I will leave the exit time as entry time. And I will wait until 1101 days to apply.

If the officer does not raise a flag, it would be fine.

IF he/she does, since I have 6 days extra, there will Not be any problems anyway.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
flamingteeth said:
In the CBSA report, it contains only the Canadian Entry time?

Or it also contains the Exit time?

Thanks for this.
Someone on this forum obtained a CBSA report if I recall around April 2014 and it had exit data matching their US entries (data sharing agreement between CBP and CBSA). Still no exits shown for non US travel but as per recent citizenship revocation case (FC sided with CIC to revoke for citizens that falsified Canadian Residence despite living almost all the 1095 days in UAE) CIC can access data in multiple ways including seeking it from their equivalent organization in your country of citizenship.

flamingteeth said:
I found a better idea.

I will leave the exit time as entry time. And I will wait until 1101 days to apply.

If the officer does not raise a flag, it would be fine.

IF he/she does, since I have 6 days extra, there will Not be any problems anyway.
Departure date is the day you leave Canada not some other date when you arrived in China, Japan, South Africa etc as the case may be...playing games with CIC...good luck! CIC getting Hong Kong entry/exit data would be a piece of cake. Oh by the way there is no limit as to when CIC can revoke citizenship so your couple of days 'cheating' may be an issue one day especially as Bill C24 gives CIC almost unfettered power to strip Citizenship.

flamingteeth

Star Member
May 26, 2014
Msafiri said:
Someone on this forum obtained a CBSA report if I recall around April 2014 and it had exit data matching their US entries (data sharing agreement between CBP and CBSA). Still no exits shown for non US travel but as per recent citizenship revocation case (FC sided with CIC to revoke for citizens that falsified Canadian Residence despite living almost all the 1095 days in UAE) CIC can access data in multiple ways including seeking it from their equivalent organization in your country of citizenship.
Departure date is the day you leave Canada not some other date when you arrived in China, Japan, South Africa etc as the case may be...playing games with CIC...good luck! CIC getting Hong Kong entry/exit data would be a piece of cake. Oh by the way there is no limit as to when CIC can revoke citizenship so your couple of days 'cheating' may be an issue one day especially as Bill C24 gives CIC almost unfettered power to strip Citizenship.

I am cool with the US - Canada flight, but only the Asia-Canada flight has some concerns...