+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"In-Process": Added Spouse what to expect next ?

taurus1985

Mar 10, 2014
gzheng said:
Hi,

Does anyone know if you can see your spouse's information from "CIC - Check Application Status" after you added your spouse?

I have added my spouse recently, but my CIC status did not change at all, meaning no my spouse's information (like Medical received, etc.) showing up.

I tried to login using my spouse UCI, but showing no application.

Thanks!
No it will not spouse information. if they need any further information they will send u an email ... asking for the information

gp11

Apr 2, 2013
To,attitudefever"
so after you received your passport request, how did you submit both passport? so your wife is in india & you are in Canada?
I have one question if anyone knows, Right now my appliaction status is in process. I applied under SINP to sydney. Now i am in Canada & wife is in India. For stamping i need her passport as well. Can i ask CPP-ottawa to send me two email stating that i can submit my passport here in Canada & her passport in new delhi , India. Can i send them the email like this before decision made on my application or i can send it right away, so it will save my time period.
Thank you.

attitudefever

Star Member
Mar 29, 2009
gp11 said:
To,attitudefever"
so after you received your passport request, how did you submit both passport? so your wife is in india & you are in Canada?
I have one question if anyone knows, Right now my appliaction status is in process. I applied under SINP to sydney. Now i am in Canada & wife is in India. For stamping i need her passport as well. Can i ask CPP-ottawa to send me two email stating that i can submit my passport here in Canada & her passport in new delhi , India. Can i send them the email like this before decision made on my application or i can send it right away, so it will save my time period.
Thank you.
I have not received my PPR yet, which I am already kind of worried :S. Secondly my wife is in Pakistan. My status is in process since Jan 24 it should be in decision made already but not yet. I don't know why. And yes You can send CPP-O an email stating your wife is in new dehli. She can do her stamping over there. Also when you send your passport to Ottawa write a letter why she cannot submit her passprt CPP-Ottawa will then guide you to do her stamping in new dehli.

gp11

Apr 2, 2013
To,
attitudefever
Thanks for your reply.
Can i send the request to CPP-ottawa right now? As my file is in process from 23rd April 14. So i can save time when they will request both passport.Or just wait for the request for passport?

attitudefever

Star Member
Mar 29, 2009
gp11 said:
To,
attitudefever
Thanks for your reply.
Can i send the request to CPP-ottawa right now? As my file is in process from 23rd April 14. So i can save time when they will request both passport.Or just wait for the request for passport?
Yes do that I would say

yingying1202000

Apr 3, 2014
gzheng said:
Hi,

Does anyone know if you can see your spouse's information from "CIC - Check Application Status" after you added your spouse?

I have added my spouse recently, but my CIC status did not change at all, meaning no my spouse's information (like Medical received, etc.) showing up.

I tried to login using my spouse UCI, but showing no application.

Thanks!

hi gzheng ,
I have same situation with you, my spouse has been added as non-acc dependent, do you have any further information about that new rules? and any update about you case?

smth24

May 15, 2014
Hello all,
Does anybody have current information about new regulations for adding spouse after in-process?????

attitudefever

Star Member
Mar 29, 2009
smth24 said:
Hello all,
Does anybody have current information about new regulations for adding spouse after in-process?????
what do you mean ? what is the current regulation. I added my spouse in Jan and we got PPR now in may for both of us.

smth24

May 15, 2014
attitudefever said:
what do you mean ? what is the current regulation. I added my spouse in Jan and we got PPR now in may for both of us.

Hello Attitudeforever, I understand you added your spouse in january, congratulations on your ppr. Below is a post I saw on another thread about the new regulations (see bold), just in feb 2014. I have seen this same message from 2 different people now. Now I am yet to find anyone that added spouse after february.
I am really worried and curious cos I am planning get married and add spouse soon too. Any clue???

""""Re: Adding details of my wife to my PR application/Spousal open work permit applicat
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 12:34:51 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote
Hi Leon

I got the below reply from CPP-Ottawa today regarding my request to add my wife to my PR application :

"New regulations have been put in place that we cannot simply add your spouse to your existing Provincial Nominee application. You may be eligible to sponsor your spouse after you have become permanent resident or Canadian Citizen. It's not your mistake that on the IMM 0008 that your spouse is listed as a Non-Acc. Dependent, even if she is listed as an Accompanying Dependent, the same measure would apply."

My wife has been asked to undergo her medical exam in India . And then, they are planning to request my passport alone for stamping my PR visa.
Now this is what i am planning to do

1. My wife will apply for spousal open work permit in India without showing the reference of my provincial nomination. I thought of not showing my provincial nomination, because if i show that, they will come to know that CPP-Ottawa has taken my application to "Decision-Made" status and this might lead to a refusal of my wife's application to spousal open work permit in India. Nonetheless, i don't know if Canadian Visa office will find out if my wife is married to me and that my status is "Decision-Made". I am going to give it a try.

2. There is 60 days for my wife to undergo her medical exam. She will do it closer to completion of 60 days and then they will ask for my passport for stamping PR visa. I wanted to delay her medical exam because, she will get an open work permit only if i am on a closed work permit. She cannot apply if i am a PR. I am just hoping that everything will go alright.

Can you tell me if this will work or if there is any other better way to approach this situation?"""

yingying1202000

Apr 3, 2014
smth24 said:
Hello Attitudeforever, I understand you added your spouse in january, congratulations on your ppr. Below is a post I saw on another thread about the new regulations (see bold), just in feb 2014. I have seen this same message from 2 different people now. Now I am yet to find anyone that added spouse after february.
I am really worried and curious cos I am planning get married and add spouse soon too. Any clue???

""""Re: Adding details of my wife to my PR application/Spousal open work permit applicat
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 12:34:51 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote
Hi Leon

I got the below reply from CPP-Ottawa today regarding my request to add my wife to my PR application :

"New regulations have been put in place that we cannot simply add your spouse to your existing Provincial Nominee application. You may be eligible to sponsor your spouse after you have become permanent resident or Canadian Citizen. It's not your mistake that on the IMM 0008 that your spouse is listed as a Non-Acc. Dependent, even if she is listed as an Accompanying Dependent, the same measure would apply."

My wife has been asked to undergo her medical exam in India . And then, they are planning to request my passport alone for stamping my PR visa.
Now this is what i am planning to do

1. My wife will apply for spousal open work permit in India without showing the reference of my provincial nomination. I thought of not showing my provincial nomination, because if i show that, they will come to know that CPP-Ottawa has taken my application to "Decision-Made" status and this might lead to a refusal of my wife's application to spousal open work permit in India. Nonetheless, i don't know if Canadian Visa office will find out if my wife is married to me and that my status is "Decision-Made". I am going to give it a try.

2. There is 60 days for my wife to undergo her medical exam. She will do it closer to completion of 60 days and then they will ask for my passport for stamping PR visa. I wanted to delay her medical exam because, she will get an open work permit only if i am on a closed work permit. She cannot apply if i am a PR. I am just hoping that everything will go alright.

Can you tell me if this will work or if there is any other better way to approach this situation?"""

Perhaps, I am the third. I added my spouse on March, and the note showed that my spouse has been added as non accompany, and also has to go through all the medical and background check, feels like just waste of time....

smth24

May 15, 2014
yingying1202000 said:
Perhaps, I am the third. I added my spouse on March, and the note showed that my spouse has been added as non accompany, and also has to go through all the medical and background check, feels like just waste of time....
Hello Yingying,
When did you submit your application to CIC? and at what stage was the application when your application when you added your spouse?
I wonder if they are doing this for pple whose decision is made or almost made....

attitudefever

Star Member
Mar 29, 2009
yingying1202000 said:
Did you also paid your spouse Application fee and RPRF ? and when you got AOR for your wife did you got her UCI number ?

John_6ixxt9

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Tel a Viv Israel
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Feb 2014
Nomination.....
30 Nov 2013
AOR Received.
19 Mar 2014
Med's Request
08 Apr 2015
Med's Done....
19 Apr 2015
Interview........
Soon
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
yingying1202000 said:

this post got my interest.. im an outbound permanent resident applicant through mpnp program.. currently waiting for my medical request.. and im planning to get married on january 2015.. im not sure if the entire process will be over by then.. but if not.. im planning to add my spouce to my application.. but i assume my aplication is in its final stages when i add her up, and my fiance is in canada right now but only on temp working permit.. what will be my possible problems there? Will they still add her to my app or they just finish mine?