+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In need of work permit - open or close work permit.

Figlian

Jun 6, 2012
Hi! I really need a help for a person who can sponsor me or help me to obtain working permit.

I am here in Canada taking my bachelor's degree but I don't want to study anymore and I just want to work to help my family in the Philippines. I spent almost two years here in Canada and my student visa will expire this 2017. I really need a help from employer or kind people who can help me to obtain a working permit open or close. Thank you very! I hope this season of Christmas I will feel the spirit of it. Thanks again.

A who are in need.

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
Afraid there are no shortcuts. You will simply have to find a job.

If you are so inclined, live in home care givers usually do not have too much problems with this, provided you have the right experience and training (which is not a lot). Why not give that a try.

Cheers

mrFoce

Star Member
Oct 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2012
AOR Received.
18-01-2013
Med's Request
03-11-2013
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2013
LANDED..........
04-01-2014
If you're studying for more than 6 months on a college\university, you should be able to get an open work permit for up to 20 hours (or maybe 28, I don't remember). But this is only for students.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=177&t=17

4. You are a full-time student enrolled at an eligible publicly funded post-secondary educational institution or you are in an approved program at an eligible privately funded institution.

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
mrFoce said:
If you're studying for more than 6 months on a college\university, you should be able to get an open work permit for up to 20 hours (or maybe 28, I don't remember). But this is only for students.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=177&t=17

4. You are a full-time student enrolled at an eligible publicly funded post-secondary educational institution or you are in an approved program at an eligible privately funded institution.
I suspect this will only work if you are still studying as this was set up to help students survive.

If you have to stomach for it I would suggest you continue your studies and take advantage of this.

Good luck