Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-30-2010
Doc's Request.
4-15-2010
Med's Request
4-15-2010
I am a citizen of pakistan, currently waiting appeal response in the United States, lived here for 10 yrs and have my life on hold school/work etc. I decided to get married to the one I love, and he is a Canadian citizen, now I have no current status in the United States, with that said, I am applying for a visitors visa, followed by a permanent residency sponsorship by my husband. What can I do to let Canadian government see my issue and somehow get approved? Do I have to go back to my country of origin and apply from there? Things are hostile back there at the moment. And as we all know, it is extremely frustrating to be away from my spouse, especially knowing that this would be our first christmas as a married couple. Help!! I miss my heart.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

MHa919 said:
I am a citizen of pakistan, currently waiting appeal response in the United States, lived here for 10 yrs and have my life on hold school/work etc. I decided to get married to the one I love, and he is a Canadian citizen, now I have no current status in the United States, with that said, I am applying for a visitors visa, followed by a permanent residency sponsorship by my husband. What can I do to let Canadian government see my issue and somehow get approved? Do I have to go back to my country of origin and apply from there? Things are hostile back there at the moment. And as we all know, it is extremely frustrating to be away from my spouse, especially knowing that this would be our first christmas as a married couple. Help!! I miss my heart.
1. With no status in the US the chances of getting a TRV are close to nil.
2. Until you are married your spouse cannot sponsor you, so it is quite probable that if you were not ADMITTED to the US for 1 year,on your original entry, the application will have to be processed through Isbad.

PMM

MHa919

Oct 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
??
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-30-2010
Doc's Request.
4-15-2010
Med's Request
4-15-2010
We are married, and the U.S did not deny my appeal, nor have they replied in a yes, I have been through court hearings etc. and still no response. What if I provide proof of all that?

Niyati

Oct 19, 2009
If you are already married, and your husband is a Canadian citizen, I do not see why they would deny your application for a Visitor's Record. I have had a similiar experience (which turned out well, I'm in Canada on a Visitor's Record now while I work on my Permanent Resident application), only I am a US citizen. I was able to get my Visitor's Record at the border, maybe you would have the same luck. I would suggest trying to reach someone over the phone to speak with about your situation before you do anything.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Niyati said:
If you are already married, and your husband is a Canadian citizen, I do not see why they would deny your application for a Visitor's Record. I have had a similiar experience (which turned out well, I'm in Canada on a Visitor's Record now while I work on my Permanent Resident application), only I am a US citizen. I was able to get my Visitor's Record at the border, maybe you would have the same luck. I would suggest trying to reach someone over the phone to speak with about your situation before you do anything.
"Horse of a different colour" You were a US citizen and didn't require a TRV (visitor visa) to enter Canada. The OP's spouse is a Pakistan citizen, who REQUIRES a TRV to enter Canada.

PMM

MHa919

Oct 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
??
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-30-2010
Doc's Request.
4-15-2010
Med's Request
4-15-2010
now lets say I apply from Quebec, but my husband wants to move closer to his work, which is in Ontario, Quebec has its own regulations and paperwork for immigration. Will I be allowed to move anywhere in Canada, after applying for permanent residence in Quebec?

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
MHa919 said:
now lets say I apply from Quebec, but my husband wants to move closer to his work, which is in Ontario, Quebec has its own regulations and paperwork for immigration. Will I be allowed to move anywhere in Canada, after applying for permanent residence in Quebec?
yes, you can move to any province after you get your application approved

MHa919

Oct 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
??
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-30-2010
Doc's Request.
4-15-2010
Med's Request
4-15-2010
I am trying to make my temporary visa application fault proof, trying to do everything I can to make sure they say yes. Now I am thinking is it better to send it in at the same time as the permanent application OR send them simiultaneously??

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
I guess the best way for you is to try to get into Canada as a visitor an then apply inland - being already in Canada and staying with your husband, though it will be a longer process, but the main point is that both of you will be together.

MHa919

Oct 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
??
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-30-2010
Doc's Request.
4-15-2010
Med's Request
4-15-2010
That would be perfect, but applying for a visa for canada, while my status in US is in the air, sitting in the appeals court. My main focus is to get there, but I dont know what to do, because this way if I am waiting I could file the permanent and not waste time. I absolutely am stuck in a rut here.