21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
neuroticdan said:
Hi again -- so here's what keeps me coming back to ask again and again: the immigration lawyer whom i spoke with said that, even though the immigration officer didn't report me, she probably had to (apart from scanning my passport) write in the system that I came in and that I was let into the country based on her discretion, even though I failed to meet the 730-day requirement.

I guess that's why he says "tell parents not to apply for a tourist visa for two years", "don't get a health card for two years", "don't dare ask immigration for a record of entries/exits for two years", etc, etc.

Any thoughts?

Thanks... Neuroticdan
I am kind of leaning toward you might want to 'release' your lawyer from duty. He/She apparently doesn't have a good grasp on the fact that CIC and CBSA as well as health canada are ALL different organizations. Your parents will be fine, in my opinion, you can apply for a health card because it has NOTHING to do with CIC and asking CBSA for a record of your entires/exits are STILL not going to trigger the attention of CIC.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neuroticdan said:
Hi again -- so here's what keeps me coming back to ask again and again: the immigration lawyer whom i spoke with said that, even though the immigration officer didn't report me, she probably had to (apart from scanning my passport) write in the system that I came in and that I was let into the country based on her discretion, even though I failed to meet the 730-day requirement.

I guess that's why he says "tell parents not to apply for a tourist visa for two years", "don't get a health card for two years", "don't dare ask immigration for a record of entries/exits for two years", etc, etc.

Any thoughts?

Thanks... Neuroticdan
Border agent will make notes on file pertaining to your interaction - its part of their job and as such this may include that you've been warned to watch your days. Ask you lawyer to show where in the visitor visa application form your residency days as the PR are examined and I'll quit while I'm ahead.