+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

in canada.. it has been 6 months and nothing.

rich_m0nd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2009
it has been 6 months and i haven't heard anything. how long does it usually take. if there were people here with experience with in canada app your reply is appreciated.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
According to the processing times page, Vegreville is processing apps received in the first half of November. When did you send yours?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#perm_res (it was last updated a week ago)

rich_m0nd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2009
I sent it in november 3 and started processing December 2nd. So should I be recieving something sometime soon?

AMB

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
You're still in the normal processing times.

I'm guessing you'll get a letter within the next couple weeks, judging by the timelines most are experiencing now.

You will probably see something on e-cas soon that a decision has been made, and a letter has been sent to your address.

rich_m0nd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2009
different info on status

thanks AMB

I'm confused. it says on the status when i checked it they start processing it on december 2nd. when i check it using my wifes information they start processing it may 11 2009.

elfut

Star Member
Jun 6, 2005
British Columbia
You should be getting something soon. Here is my timeline for In-land sponsorship.

Application sent: Oct 2008
Application processed: Nov 2008
Application transferred to Local office: April 2009 (Without AIP) So it is exactly 6 months as stated on CIC.
Request for interview: June 2009. My interview is in two weeks.
I probably have to answer a lot of questions about my work in Singapore and why I left the government job
or my genuinenity of our relationship.

rich_m0nd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2009
good luck on you elfut,

what is AIP? does it mean you're approved cause you're going for your interview? does your spouse have to be there? hopefully i get some reply soon with cic.

AMB

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
I don't think he's approved. If he was approved, he would have got a letter from Vegreville saying his partner was approved as a sponsor, and he can apply for an open work permit/study permit. There is some reason that the local office is processing now. It would have also said on e-cas that the application was completed etc.

Richmond, if your wife is the sponsor, that means: on YOUR e-cas, it shows processing of application for Permanent Residence earlier, and just now, they are evaluating your wife's sponsorship info/eligibility. This further proves that you will hear from them soon.

rich_m0nd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2009
Thanks AMB,

sorry if i ask too much.. you know i'm just getting anxious about all this stuff. another question. i'm contemplating if i should send my renewal of my open work permit or just wait for the letter that i'm qualified to apply for open work permit. my renewal would come from my application of refugee. once i get the approval then i would dropped my refugee claim and i'm wondering if i do that will it dropped my work permit and reapply again for another work permit with the sponsorship. thanks.