Med's Done....
12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-2017
LANDED..........
10-2017
Hi guys,

My background:
I received an ITA in November, I submitted my application for PR in late January 2017, since then the only information I have received from cic is that I have passed the medicals, that no interview is needed at this time, they asked me to pay the PR-card, asked for an additional police certificate from my partner which is currently under processing, they're currently undergoing a background check.
They estimate that a PR application should take 6 months or less, right? So is it safe for me to start planning for my PR landing in late July 2017??
I need to know this because I have two employers at my end, right now needing to know when I want to take out my vacation for the summer. I also need to book airplane tickets, book accommodation, potentially look for summer jobs etc. in Canada. For personal reasons, I need to go as soon as possible - otherwise, of course, it may have been more practical for me to wait until later in the year when Id know for sure cic's plan. I know that you guys cannot answer my question and can only speculate, but based on your and everyone's experience, do you have AN answer to any of these questions:

1.) Do we have any statistics on how long it has taken cic to process PR applications at this time? CAN I personally contact them about this, from my profile?
2) Will there be any issues entering Canada before my PR application has been approved, and if not, how do I perform the "PR landing" in practice if I am already in Canada on vacation?
3) Once PR-landing is completed, can I leave Canada before they have processed my PR-card, and can they send the PR card to an address either in the U.S. or to Europe? If not, can they send it to a friend in Canada?
4.) Once the PR landing is completed, can I start work straight away in Canada, or do I need to wait for the PR-card?

Thank you so much in advanced!!

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
1. you can use the stats on https://myimmitracker.com/ for more info. each case is unique and processing time varies. there is no one size fits all answer
2. you can land as a PR only after you get COPR. so if you find a way to enter Canada while your PR is in process, you cant work. you will have to leave Canada or flagpole to land as a PR
3. you can leave. they will post the PR card to a Canadian address only
4. you can work straightaway but you need a SIN

mira_johnson

Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-2017
LANDED..........
10-2017
xpressentry said:
1. you can use the stats on https://myimmitracker.com/ for more info. each case is unique and processing time varies. there is no one size fits all answer
2. you can land as a PR only after you get COPR. so if you find a way to enter Canada while your PR is in process, you cant work. you will have to leave Canada or flagpole to land as a PR
3. you can leave. they will post the PR card to a Canadian address only
4. you can work straightaway but you need a SIN
Xpressentry, thanks for your reply.
1. Thank you for the link, I will definitely check it out. Since every case is unique, can I contact Cic about this? Won't they understand that applicants need to have a rough plan?
2. If I was to land prior to receiving a COPR (confirmation of PR, right?), I'd travel on a tourist visa. How do I flagpole to land as a PR, if I don't leave Canada? or do I actually need to leave Canada e.g. go to the U.S. and come back?
3. They can't even post it to an address in the U.S.?
4. Any idea about the processing time to receive a SIN?

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
1. you can contact them only if you have passed the 6 months processing time. they wont entertain queries before that. Like you, I'm impatient and in a hurry to get to Canada too. There will be others like us as well.
2. do you need a tourist visa or would an ETA suffice? if it's an ETA then go for it. if it is a tourist visa there are chances of rejection of the tourist visa and will delay the PR. i was also considering applying for a TRV while PR was under process. you can leave the country and go to any other country. if you want to flagpole, you go to the US border and get an administrative refusal from US border.
3. just Canadian
4. you get a temp sin on the day or the next day. im not very sure about it the processing time for sin but you surely need it to start working.

mira_johnson

Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-2017
LANDED..........
10-2017
xpressentry said:
1. you can contact them only if you have passed the 6 months processing time. they wont entertain queries before that. Like you, I'm impatient and in a hurry to get to Canada too. There will be others like us as well.
2. do you need a tourist visa or would an ETA suffice? if it's an ETA then go for it. if it is a tourist visa there are chances of rejection of the tourist visa and will delay the PR. i was also considering applying for a TRV while PR was under process. you can leave the country and go to any other country. if you want to flagpole, you go to the US border and get an administrative refusal from US border.
3. just Canadian
4. you get a temp sin on the day or the next day. im not very sure about it the processing time for sin but you surely need it to start working.
1. I understand this perspective. But they seem, to me, to be quite ahead with my application, although Im still trying to get my head around why they've asked me for an additional police certificate
2. an ETA is sufficient for my country. This is even a new rule. Before, I didn't even need an ETA to travel to Canada. Thanks for that info
3. Do you mean that I can have a sin by 1-2 days? I can start working on a temporary sin?

Thanks again and good luck to you too!!

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
mira_johnson said:
1. I understand this perspective. But they seem, to me, to be quite ahead with my application, although Im still trying to get my head around why they've asked me for an additional police certificate
2. an ETA is sufficient for my country. This is even a new rule. Before, I didn't even need an ETA to travel to Canada. Thanks for that info
3. Do you mean that I can have a sin by 1-2 days? I can start working on a temporary sin?

Thanks again and good luck to you too!!
1. cant say where they are in the process. it can take off at first and then slow down or it can go a snail pace initially and take off later. nobody can predict. if you want to know where you are, you can order GCMS notes
3. you can work on a temp sin.

mira_johnson

Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-2017
LANDED..........
10-2017
xpressentry said:
1. cant say where they are in the process. it can take off at first and then slow down or it can go a snail pace initially and take off later. nobody can predict. if you want to know where you are, you can order GCMS notes
OK. GCMS notes?
Thanks for your info.

mira_johnson

Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-2017
LANDED..........
10-2017
xpressentry said:
You mentioned a temporary sin. I looked up online that the average time to receive a sin card from completed application is 20 days. Do you mean that I can get a temporary sin and thus be able to work before this 20 days is up and I have my real sin card?

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
mira_johnson said:
You mentioned a temporary sin. I looked up online that the average time to receive a sin card from completed application is 20 days. Do you mean that I can get a temporary sin and thus be able to work before this 20 days is up and I have my real sin card?
sin is a number. you will get the number soon but the card takes time.

andremarques19751

Aug 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
BC Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
19-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-09-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
mira_johnson said:
Xpressentry, thanks for your reply.
1. Thank you for the link, I will definitely check it out. Since every case is unique, can I contact Cic about this? Won't they understand that applicants need to have a rough plan?
2. If I was to land prior to receiving a COPR (confirmation of PR, right?), I'd travel on a tourist visa. How do I flagpole to land as a PR, if I don't leave Canada? or do I actually need to leave Canada e.g. go to the U.S. and come back?
3. They can't even post it to an address in the U.S.?
4. Any idea about the processing time to receive a SIN?
4. You can get a SIN in any Service Canada Office in 10min with your landing papers. There are no more SIN cards anymore, they just print the number on a paper.

andremarques19751

Aug 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
BC Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
19-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-09-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
mira_johnson said:
TINs (temporary SINs) are only available if you are not eligible to work and is usually issued for tax filling purposes. You wont need that if you are PR. TINs takes 6-8 weeks from application to mail receive. For example, if you are on a student VISA without a part-time work permit and you need to fill taxes return, tou apply for a TIN.

mira_johnson

Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-2017
LANDED..........
10-2017
andremarques19751 said:
4. You can get a SIN in any Service Canada Office in 10min with your landing papers. There are no more SIN cards anymore, they just print the number on a paper.
Well thats helpful. Thank you^^ I wonder why they haven't updated their website about this

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
If you are in Canada, you can get an appointment for landing at the CIC office. You perform the landing process at the office and get your SIN right away....entire process takes 1 hr and I got an appointment at Toronto office in two weeks.

mira_johnson said:
Hi guys,

My background:
I received an ITA in November, I submitted my application for PR in late January 2017, since then the only information I have received from cic is that I have passed the medicals, that no interview is needed at this time, they asked me to pay the PR-card, asked for an additional police certificate from my partner which is currently under processing, they're currently undergoing a background check.
They estimate that a PR application should take 6 months or less, right? So is it safe for me to start planning for my PR landing in late July 2017??
I need to know this because I have two employers at my end, right now needing to know when I want to take out my vacation for the summer. I also need to book airplane tickets, book accommodation, potentially look for summer jobs etc. in Canada. For personal reasons, I need to go as soon as possible - otherwise, of course, it may have been more practical for me to wait until later in the year when Id know for sure cic's plan. I know that you guys cannot answer my question and can only speculate, but based on your and everyone's experience, do you have AN answer to any of these questions:

1.) Do we have any statistics on how long it has taken cic to process PR applications at this time? CAN I personally contact them about this, from my profile?
2) Will there be any issues entering Canada before my PR application has been approved, and if not, how do I perform the "PR landing" in practice if I am already in Canada on vacation?
3) Once PR-landing is completed, can I leave Canada before they have processed my PR-card, and can they send the PR card to an address either in the U.S. or to Europe? If not, can they send it to a friend in Canada?
4.) Once the PR landing is completed, can I start work straight away in Canada, or do I need to wait for the PR-card?

Thank you so much in advanced!!

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
mira_johnson said:
Well thats helpful. Thank you^^ I wonder why they haven't updated their website about this

Cards have stopped. Check this link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/sin.html

mira_johnson

Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-2017
LANDED..........
10-2017
Itsmee said:
If you are in Canada, you can get an appointment for landing at the CIC office. You perform the landing process at the office and get your SIN right away....entire process takes 1 hr and I got an appointment at Toronto office in two weeks.
Thanks for sharing your experience. In this case I might start looking for a summer job in Toronto.