File Transfer...
early-Aug 2016 (same as SA?)
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
mid-Sept 2016
LANDED..........
Apr 2017
I know this is asked a lot, but I can't find exactly what I'm curious about. I may have had part of this answered before, but appears my history is erased after the recent changes here.

I moved to Canada with my Canadian citizen partner in 2014. Renewed visa a few times, eventually got PR, landed in April. They didn't ask for a B4, I figured it was fine because pretty much everything we have now was on his B4 in 2014. The border agents in 2014 told us to put everything under his name since he's a returning Canadian, including my car.

As far as I could tell, I couldn't import the car before April because I was a temp resident & AB doesn't have a temp import option. Now that I'm a PR, I have been trying to decide if i want to import the car, or leave/sell it in the US. I can't figure out the cost of importation (taxes, based upon what, fees, etc). The CBSA agent I had the displeasure of dealing with a few days ago seemed to say I wouldn't have to pay any taxes, but I also haven't filled out a B4, and the car was declared(?) by my partner almost 3 years ago, though it's entirely in my name and they didn't ask to see the title. Can I also claim this as goods accompanying?

Are we supposed to import the car immediately after landing?
They started harassing me in AB about a year ago, before I'd applied for PR. When I crossed a few days ago, they wouldn't let me tell them that I was just moving some things and unsure if the car was going to stay. The agent filled out the Form 1, told me I'd violated US federal law by importing my car w/o prior notification to the CBP, and had me sign the form. I hadn't planned to import it then!
I think if I get it back to the States before the 45 days are up, I can leave/sell it there and Canada doesn't have any claim to it, yes?

Finally, if I do decide to import, does the $295 to RIV cover the inspection cost, or is that additional? Can I have whatever work CT may fabricate done by my mechanic, or will I have to pay the inspection fee again (I assume they won't pass me without making sure the repairs were actually made)?