+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Importing Car from US to Canada: Rules

manashdeb

Jun 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,
I am planning to move Canada by next month as PR and wanted to import my car from US to Canada. Can anyone suggest the rules that I need to follow ? What are the formalities I need to do from here before importing the car. I will drive myself, so also suggest if I can fill the car with all my moving stuffs and go to Canada!! What will be the other formalities while crossing the border , if anyone there with similar experience or suggest something it would be a great help..

Thanks..

panga005

Aug 7, 2017
Hello All,
I am planning to move Canada by next month as PR and wanted to import my car from US to Canada. Can anyone suggest the rules that I need to follow ? What are the formalities I need to do from here before importing the car. I will drive myself, so also suggest if I can fill the car with all my moving stuffs and go to Canada!! What will be the other formalities while crossing the border , if anyone there with similar experience or suggest something it would be a great help..

Thanks..
I need this info too...I have 2 cars which i want to move to canada with me from usa

Johnny Rod

Feb 4, 2024
Hi, did you guys were able to import a car to Canada? I need to know if the border officer will let me fix the Dayrunning lights in Canada or do i have to fix them before crossing?