+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMPORTANT - need to send ALL documents to the CIO now (not visa office)

mrbaig

Star Member
Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: IMPORTANT - fee 490$

gujjar said:
hello ohcanadiana and other seniors,
I am an old member of this forum, never sent any inquiry but now I have one. I got approval from Nova Scotia on 30th May 2010, they gave me 120 days to send full application. I will send it in a few days. Now my consultant saying that:
1- I have to pay another draft of Can$490/- with this application.
2- If you people say "yes its is true", then plz let me know this Can$490/ is per head or $490 is for all family?
Seniors plz let me know with ur experience
regards,
first of all sorry to blueray333, the correct name, if i am not wrong, of this fee is Right of Permanent Residence Fee(RPRF), which is paid by Principal applicant and accompanying spouse, dependents are exempted:

"Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)
(Canadian dollars)

For the acquisition of permanent resident status $490
This fee is payable by principal applicants (with some exceptions) and accompanying spouses and common-law partners. It must be paid before the immigrant visa is issued overseas or before the applicant becomes a permanent resident in Canada.

The following applicants are not required to pay this fee:

dependent children of a principal applicant or sponsor, a child to be adopted, or an orphaned brother, sister, niece, nephew or grandchild; and
protected persons, including Convention refugees."

Ref: CIC website

Mr gujjar yes this fee have to be payed if, i think, your application is successful at initial stages.

anayya

Star Member
Aug 1, 2010
I WANT TO SHOW U THAT CHART

NOC SPAEAKING LISTENING READING WRITING
O,A 8 6.5 7.5 6.5 6.5
O,A 7 6.0 6.0 6.0 6.0
O,A,B 6 5.5 5.5 5.0 5.5
B 5 5.0 5.0 4.0 5.0
B 4 4.0 4.5 3.5 4.0

ON CIC WEBSITE IT IS WRITTEN THAT CANADIAN EXPERIENCE CLASS MUST MEET THE ABOVE MENTIONED CRITERIA,,THEY CAN CHECK THAT, IS THERE OCCUPATION MEETS DEMEND OF IELTS FOR THAT OCCUPATION...BUT THEY DID NOT MENTIONED THAT FEDEARL APPLICANTS CAN ALSO CHECK IT..WHATS THIS?
NOW WILL U TELL ME THAT NOC 1221 AS IT IS UNDER NOC B SKILLS SO LESS THAN 5.5 BAND IELTS SUFFICENT FOR NOC 1221 (ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER)
BUT CAN WE OUTSIDE CANADA NOT CANADNIAN EXPERIENCE CLASS CHECK OUR IELTS ON THIS CHART
IS 4.5 BAND OK WITH NOC 1221
PLZ PLZ PLZ ANSWER ME.............
REGARDS

ataali

Aug 16, 2010
Dear All,
i noticd that they changed the job categories to 29 jobs but they have 1000 per job as a quota. i should start my IELTS in one month, my quoestion is: how will they select the 1000? is it based on First In First Accepted? or based on experince? or language? iam little bit worried becuase deadline for submitting the applications and crietria for selecting the 1000 is totally not clear.

i look forward to hearing from you soon!

regards,
ataali

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Hi Ataali: according to the website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG72.asp this is how selection is made: "NEW: A maximum of 20,000 Federal Skilled Worker applications, without an offer of arranged employment, will be considered for processing each year.
Within this limit, a maximum of 1,000 Federal Skilled Worker applications per National Occupation Classification (NOC) will be considered for processing each year.

Applications will be considered in order of the date they are received."
When you send your documents to CIO you indicate on the envelope which NOC or NOCs you are applying under. There is no official deadline, except a new round will begin on 1 July 2011. Obviously, with only 20,000 positions and 29 NOCs to consider, not all NOCs will end up with 1,000 applicants. Hope this helps.

vierx2007

Dec 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Multiple
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-3-2010
Nomination.....
NA
IELTS Request
submitted together w/ the docs.
Med's Request
25-11-2011
Med's Done....
26-12-2011
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Hi Pippin, i'm just concerned if we are playing around with what if scenarios and uncertainties. Assuming the application was not included in the cap of 20,000 and the applicant will be applying for next year, the tendency is you need to secure a fresh Police Clearance (not good for people who are staying in multiple countries) and IELTS since this requirement need to be current. I'm hoping that they will create a system that puts the applicant in queue.

Pippin said:
Hi Ataali: according to the website --- this is how selection is made: "NEW: A maximum of 20,000 Federal Skilled Worker applications, without an offer of arranged employment, will be considered for processing each year.
Within this limit, a maximum of 1,000 Federal Skilled Worker applications per National Occupation Classification (NOC) will be considered for processing each year.

Applications will be considered in order of the date they are received."
When you send your documents to CIO you indicate on the envelope which NOC or NOCs you are applying under. There is no official deadline, except a new round will begin on 1 July 2011. Obviously, with only 20,000 positions and 29 NOCs to consider, not all NOCs will end up with 1,000 applicants. Hope this helps.

immigrantapplicant

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London,UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 18th, 2010
IELTS Request
IELTS submitted along with initial doc.
Dear Ohcanadiana and others

Just a quick question

I am the Principal applicant and paying fee by my credit card. Now, what should I write for the following questions:

Name of payer (if different from the Principal applicant)
Address of payer (if different from the Principal applicant)

Should I leave it as blank or write "N/A"

Thank You very much in advance

mrbaig

Star Member
Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: IMPORTANT - Credit Card-Address

immigrantapplicant said:
Dear Ohcanadiana and others

Just a quick question

I am the Principal applicant and paying fee by my credit card. Now, what should I write for the following questions:

Name of payer (if different from the Principal applicant)
Address of payer (if different from the Principal applicant)

Should I leave it as blank or write "N/A"

Thank You very much in advance
Its simple to understand, "N/A" is OK.

immigrantapplicant

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London,UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 18th, 2010
IELTS Request
IELTS submitted along with initial doc.
Re: IMPORTANT - Credit Card-Address

mrbaig said:
Its simple to understand, "N/A" is OK.
Thanks very much

anayya

Star Member
Aug 1, 2010
hey frends

plz i want to share some information with all of you. plz answer me......
my sister has again sit in ielts exams and today she got result, her result is:
listening ......4.5 band
speaking......5.5 band
writing.........5.5 band
reading.........4 band
overall...........5 band
points for ielts.....6 points
plz...................
tell me that for noc code 1221 is it ok...as here,on this forum all u people and senios here advises me to sit again in ielts and my sister did so.but today she got results and 2 are moderate an 2 are basic... last time she had low in all 4 components..but now it is her full effort...plz tell me is it ok now...plz plz pzl really i m waiting for ur replies.......
plz plz answer...........dont ignore my question...and really she cant again take more than it...bcz it was her full effort...she has arranged employment
plz all here,comment on this..is it ok now..

edidigit

Star Member
Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2010
AOR Received.
27-1-2011
IELTS Request
send all together
File Transfer...
23-09-2010
Dear All,

I have a good question.

The CIO check list and visa office check list have some overlap documents that are the same such as application forms and or IELTS results and passport notarized copy .Does it mean that I have to send for example 2 notarized copy of my passport now to CIO ? or should I fill 2 times the application forms ?

Please help me to figure it out .

Regards,
Edi

mrbaig

Star Member
Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: CIO & visa office check list)

edidigit said:
Dear All,

I have a good question.

The CIO check list and visa office check list have some overlap documents that are the same such as application forms and or IELTS results and passport notarized copy .Does it mean that I have to send for example 2 notarized copy of my passport now to CIO ? or should I fill 2 times the application forms ?

Please help me to figure it out .

Regards,
Edi
I think, if i am not wrong, you have to send Notarized photo copies of all documents along with single set of APPLICATION to CIO. This is the first stage, after passing this stage you'll be directed to next stage- that is CHC.

Regards

edidigit

Star Member
Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2010
AOR Received.
27-1-2011
IELTS Request
send all together
File Transfer...
23-09-2010

mrbaig said:
I think, if i am not wrong, you have to send Notarized photo copies of all documents along with single set of APPLICATION to CIO. This is the first stage, after passing this stage you'll be directed to next stage- that is CHC.

Regards

But CIO also asking for copy of passport or IELTS ? Do I need to send 2 set of notarized copy of passport or one set is enough ?
Do you mean that again the CHC will ask for documents again ?!

mrbaig

Star Member
Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

edidigit said:
But CIO also asking for copy of passport or IELTS ? Do I need to send 2 set of notarized copy of passport or one set is enough ?
Do you mean that again the CHC will ask for documents again ?!
Sure, u have to attach copies of Passport & IELTS- I think single set.
I think when u will be directed to CHC, they will ask u to provide all ORIGINALS

edidigit

Star Member
Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2010
AOR Received.
27-1-2011
IELTS Request
send all together
File Transfer...
23-09-2010

mrbaig said:
Sure, u have to attach copies of Passport & IELTS- I think single set.
I think when u will be directed to CHC, they will ask u to provide all ORIGINALS
sorry I am asking again since I am a little confused now. When they are saying with the new policy we have to send all the documents in the check list of the CIO and the check list of visa office CHC it means they are not going to ask for any documents from visa office anymore? Am I right ? but what you are saying is that we send a copy of the documents to CIO and later the CHC will ask for original and notarized copies ? Am I right ? Please help me ...

edidigit

Star Member
Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2010
AOR Received.
27-1-2011
IELTS Request
send all together
File Transfer...
23-09-2010

edidigit said:
sorry I am asking again since I am a little confused now. When they are saying with the new policy we have to send all the documents in the check list of the CIO and the check list of visa office CHC it means they are not going to ask for any documents from visa office anymore? Am I right ? but what you are saying is that we send a copy of the documents to CIO and later the CHC will ask for original and notarized copies ? Am I right ? Please help me ...
I think I found the answer from this trend ...You have to send all the documents in both check list at once. There is not any further step that the VO asking for any documents expect for PCC .Therefore, we have to send the notarized copy stating in visa office check list and all the original documents mentioned to CIO at once. Again I am saying for other members.

WITH THE NEW POLICY FROM 1 JULY 2010 THERE IS NO FURTHER STEP OF SUBMITTING DOCUMENTS TO VO .YOU HAVE TO SUBMIT EVRYTHING ORIGINAL+NOTARIZED + COPY + FORMS SIGNED TO CIO AT ONCE...I HOPE THIS HELP SOMEONE LIKE ME NOT TO CONFUSE.