+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMPORTANT - need to send ALL documents to the CIO now (not visa office)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
usaloser said:
Oh Canadiana,

Thanks so much for your responses here. My situation is quite similar to "biyaya" but probably much worse. My FBI certificate expires on August 13th (3 months counting from date of issue). I do not have any IELTS scores. I have the whole application packet ready and just like the poster you responded to below, I fear that by the time I take IELTS in September/October, the job code will have its quota filled up. Not only that, my FBI certificate would also expire by then. I do have 10 year old TOEFL scores, a 637 out of a 677, transcripts of my undergraduate degree from United States (including A grade in critical writing and A grade in speech class) and GMAT Verbal of 86th percentile - just listing the evidence of English language proficiency that I have. I have been working as a consultant in USA for the past five years serving fortune 500 clients and as you can imagine, English is just like my first language.

Do you think it makes sense for me to apply now without the IELTS score with a letter explaining the situation while giving evidence of my English language proficiency and promising to deliver the IELTS results as soon as I have them? What is the worse case scenario here? They return my packet and then I resend it with the IELTS in October? Best case, they keep my application, and I send my IELTS scores in October to CIO.

Alternatively, I could wait till I have my IELTS results in October and then apply with a 5 month old FBI certificate. That is also risky because then I'd have an expired FBI certificate and two months down the road may not have the open slots in my NOC code.

Please advise which of the two options I should go for ! Thanks so much for anyone's thoughtful responses to my dilemma.

Welcome back, usaloser.

My reply last time holds: all applicants as of June 26 2010 have to submit an approved language test result (even native language speakers).
(my post is at: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/important-need-to-send-all-documents-to-the-cio-now-not-visa-office-t45808.0.html;msg354178#msg354178

My understanding is that the difference to Biyaya's situation (which you use as comparison) is that you haven’t taken the IELTS or CELPIP and thus may have less confidence re what your score would be. A suggestion: mitigate this with practice and by taking the test. Why are you waiting until October? As a consultant in your position, you have important advantages over most applicants: the financial resources and the hotel and airline miles to be able to fly to one of many IELTS test locations with space available (or to take the CELPIP) - use them! Being in the US, you can order Cambridge practice tests and have them overnight. If you feel ready for it, FWIW, there is a test this Saturday.

In terms of the FBI, you know that they’ve already accepted your prints, so consider paying the $18 to send a new request to the FBI just in case you don’t get a chance to send the package before your current background check expires.

I understand that this may feel very frustrating for you. Everyone has their own trials and tribulations to go through as they go through the process. None of the items you’ve mentioned are insurmountable (hey, at least you are still eligible and didn’t find yourself out of the game overnight when the NOC codes changed!) – take advantage of the opportunities you have!

That all being said, only you can choose what path you go down and what risks you choose to take. Good luck with your application!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: need help for Canada PR

alam59 said:
HI,

I want to apply for a Canada PR but i am 50 years old,and i'm secondary school teacher.i'm moroccan,and i've 04 children.i've sent an application form to the canadian embassey, but without result.

Can anybody help me to begin again.

if u have suggestions feel free to mail me at almoaiz_lam10 @ hotmail.fr
Start at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp and see if you are eligible for any of the immigration paths. You can also use the information in each of the main forums and ask questions there as you read through your options. Good luck!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blueray333 said:
I have a question.. maybe OhCanadiana or Pippin, or anyone have some thoughts..

I am applying for NOC 3112. As i believe, everyone knows doctors have different titles (but usually performing the same thing), and different time, and also, have multiple companies at the same time.

I am a company doctor, and I have duties on different copies. So, in a 1 week work, I have like 5 companies that I report to, on different time frames and day.

In the Schedule 3 form, #11, work experience: can I join all this an compute the 37.5 hours a week requirement?

Also, the occupation column, should this be coming from the employment certificates, or from the list of possible titles in NOC?

Please advice..
1) You can accumulate experience from various part-time sources to meet the one year full time requirement in one of the in-demand NOC codes

2) Your occupation should be a descriptor based on your actual occupation and duties. By the way, OP6 advises officers that descriptions too close to the NOC Handbook should be seen as self-serving.

blueray333

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2010
Doc's Request.
inc. in app.
AOR Received.
25-11-2010
IELTS Request
inc. in app.
File Transfer...
25-11-2010
Med's Request
07-02-2011
Med's Done....
12-03-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2011
OhCanadiana said:
1) You can accumulate experience from various part-time sources to meet the one year full time requirement in one of the in-demand NOC codes

2) Your occupation should be a descriptor based on your actual occupation and duties. By the way, OP6 advises officers that descriptions too close to the NOC Handbook should be seen as self-serving.
Thanks OhCanadiana.

In regards to the occupation duties, I just let the company create my real duties and responsibilities. I'm just scared if, in some form of bad luck, it will be too close to the items listed on the NOC website..

blueray333

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2010
Doc's Request.
inc. in app.
AOR Received.
25-11-2010
IELTS Request
inc. in app.
File Transfer...
25-11-2010
Med's Request
07-02-2011
Med's Done....
12-03-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2011
By the way, when filling up the forms, do we type in All Caps or Small Caps?

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
Can we use pen to fill in the forms? or we need to type?

usaloser

May 8, 2009
OhCanadiana,

Thanks again for your feedback. It is clear to me that you think it is foolhardy to send an application packet without an IELTS score no matter how proficient does someone think his or her English language proficiency may be.
Based on your advice and personal research, I have made a reservation for August 21st in Boston (I am flying there and making it a weekend getaway
as you had advised to biyaya (Aug 21 was the closest date available). If you knew my history with Canada
then you would know that this should be the last dollar I spend on Canadian immigration. I have been already unfairly rejected by Alberta PNP
(long story) and missed out on applying for federal skilled worker program four years ago despite paying for everything (fbi etc).
Basically, I am a dejected applicant who is applying despite knowing that history and luck is not with me. Wish me luck!

So I will have my scores by September first week I presume and will immediately send my application packet. I don't think going
for another fbi certificate will work because last time they took more than 60 days. I have already done fbi fingerprints several times and
paid fbi three times. I dont think it is just a matter of 18 bucks, it is the time delay that will come with it. I hope the visa officer doesn't fuss over a 4 month old fbi certificate instead of the prescribed 3 months. If I wait for another fbi certificate, I am certain to lose out on the NOC code quota.

Do you think if they fill the quota up, they will put our files in a waiting list or will return the packet and ask us to apply again? It is going to be the last straw for me if they choose to not queue us.

Thanks again. You are great!

manshriram

Jul 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the response....Please do let me know if we need to notarized the photocopy of Passport....In Application for Permanent residence the 'Visa office requested for the process of your application' Should I Put New Delhi-India....also I am applying under Architect-2151 and currently I am working as an Assistant Project manager....Please suggest...Thanks again...

bhavikcpatel

Star Member
Jul 18, 2010
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent With Original Application to CIO ,
AOR Received.
11-03-2011
IELTS Request
Sent With Original Application to CIO ( 6 Band - 8 Point)
File Transfer...
04-04-2011
Med's Request
24-05-2011
Med's Done....
02-06-2011
Passport Req..
24-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2011
LANDED..........
13-12-2011
Hi,

For Architect, do we need to have membership under Canadian Architect ass. for Skilled Worker?
manshriram said:
Thanks for the response....Please do let me know if we need to notarized the photocopy of Passport....In Application for Permanent residence the 'Visa office requested for the process of your application' Should I Put New Delhi-India....also I am applying under Architect-2151 and currently I am working as an Assistant Project manager....Please suggest...Thanks again...

kbotr

Aug 1, 2010
Hello,
concerning the notarized employment contract,I have one wich is sealed by the company seal, is it enough as I failed to notarize it.

Raj chandigarh

Jul 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sep 2010
AOR Received.
jan 2011
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
jan 11
Med's Request
june 2012
Med's Done....
20 June ecas line appeared on 12/july
Interview........
hope not
Passport Req..
june 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 31/8/12 visa issued on 28th aug 2012
I dont have my marriage certificate ready....can i apply to CIO stating applied for.....i have my IELTS in acedemic module

plz help

VICTORDELTORO

Aug 1, 2010
Can immigration officers change a desicion they have already taken?

My application as a skilled worker was in the visa office for processing! I just received a letter from CIC that says I am not elegible to be processed in the category I applied... they say I did not provide enough evidence of work experience eventhough I provided evidence of work experience in three different NOC, they only took one of them and say I did not provide evidence of work experience in this NOC. What about the other experience evidence? this letter I received was dated july 21, 2010, I had already sent them by fax an arranged employment letter I had just received from my prospective employer on july 23, 2010 as additional points for my application (it was 2 days after they issued the letter they sent me). My IELTS was right at that time and everything was notarized, translated and certified, everything was right. Also the evidence of work experience was clear, the thing was that two evidences of work experience were in the same letter because I worked in two different companies registered with the same name, my father´s name. I thing they did not even fully read this letter.
I think to re-apply eventhough I will have to re-take IELTS and spend money to get notarized and certified doccuments again.
I wrote an e-mail to CIC specific office with the arguments I described above. Can immigration officers change a desicion they have already taken and notified? Do they send back the package with all the doccuments I sent them or they just destroy them?
Should I start getting all the doccuments again or wait to see if the answer my e-mail?
Help please!

Raj chandigarh

Jul 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sep 2010
AOR Received.
jan 2011
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
jan 11
Med's Request
june 2012
Med's Done....
20 June ecas line appeared on 12/july
Interview........
hope not
Passport Req..
june 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 31/8/12 visa issued on 28th aug 2012
I am a govt employee. My employer has refused to give experience certificate stating that they can only give if i resign from the institition. Can i apply with my appointment letter, joining confirmation, salary slip , and identity card etc.

kidthedeath

Aug 1, 2010
To whom it may concern.

I'm having my application going to Canada, and right now I having a difficult time waiting for my visa. I had my interview last year. days after I had my medical.

The problem is when the embassy, requier me this explanation letter regarding about what will happened to his assistant which I'll be replacing her. In the letter they requested that they should grant my visa not until June 2010, and yet I haven't receive any confirmation about the matter. My original passport is still in the embassy. Granted that my employer is no longer interested in my service why they're not returning my passport when its been a month of waiting?.

I hope for your kind concederation answering my back.

Paolo.

molarius

Star Member
Aug 2, 2010
CAP???

good day! I would just like to ask what is meant by CAP? is it the number of complete applications processed ( finished/ approved ) from the time the applicant submits his/her application until medical examinations etc.
OR the CAP is the applications that reaches the CIO which will be considered for processing?
If that is the case, per profession it is just 1000 around the world.
Do you think at this time since june 26, 2010 is there a way to know if they have reached the maximum 1000 per profession?

I have read that if the application is received after the CAP is reached, the applicants will be informed, in writing, that their application will not continue for processing and that their processing fee will be returned.

thank you