+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMPORTANT - need to send ALL documents to the CIO now (not visa office)

blueray333

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2010
Doc's Request.
inc. in app.
AOR Received.
25-11-2010
IELTS Request
inc. in app.
File Transfer...
25-11-2010
Med's Request
07-02-2011
Med's Done....
12-03-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2011
OhCanadiana said:
Well put, Pippin.

In addition to the VO specifics, for translated documents, the general CIC instructions for all applicants indicate:
"Any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied by:
* the English or French translation; and;
* an affidavit from the person who completed the translation; and
* a certified copy of the document."
per http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG73.asp
Now that you mentioned it OhCanadiana, the English or French Translation, should this be original or notarized photocopy will do when submitting to CIO? I believe the third item that mentions "certified copy of the document", is the copy of the "not" translated document. is this correct?

Also, can the affidavit be waived? I have a diploma which is in latin (i believe it's latin, not sure about this), and I went to my university to ask for a translation. They provided a translation, with signatories of the Dean and Registrar. will this be accepted?

Please advice..

can_am

Jun 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do we need to attach photos on Form IMM 0008 Gen? This has not changed. People who have applied before, I would appreciate if you can guide me on the same. Thanks!

Biyaya

Jul 24, 2010
Thank you so much for the valuable feedback, OhCanadiana! I will explore the other options as you have advised. Reflecting on my plan to just submit the one I currently have is indeed risky. Reading more from the other discussion boards on the forum stressed the importance of getting it right the first time :)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blueray333 said:
Now that you mentioned it OhCanadiana, the English or French Translation, should this be original or notarized photocopy will do when submitting to CIO? I believe the third item that mentions "certified copy of the document", is the copy of the "not" translated document. is this correct?

Also, can the affidavit be waived? I have a diploma which is in latin (i believe it's latin, not sure about this), and I went to my university to ask for a translation. They provided a translation, with signatories of the Dean and Registrar. will this be accepted?

Please advice..
1) You know, we never thought about sending certified copies of the translations. Now that you mention it, I don't recall seeing anywhere that asks for the original explicitly (it may be there so double check) but I guess since you need to have the translation attested, I figured implicitly they'd want to see the original stamp to verify authenticity of the attestation and all the pages it covers.

2) Correct - the third point "certified copy of the document" is of the original document

3) I don't think they waive attestations for translators. If your translation is a one-of translation, I would have the Dean or Registrar swear the statement in the instructions in front of a notary (depending on where you live this may be a headache or very simple - in the US, for example, I'm pretty sure you'll find many notaries in the university who could help you out and I wouldn't be surprised if there's at least one in the Registrar's Office. In other countries, I get that it's more trouble than that.) On the other hand, if your translation is a formal official school document, you might be able to get away with it but there's no guarantees.

blueray333

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2010
Doc's Request.
inc. in app.
AOR Received.
25-11-2010
IELTS Request
inc. in app.
File Transfer...
25-11-2010
Med's Request
07-02-2011
Med's Done....
12-03-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2011
OhCanadiana said:
1) You know, we never thought about sending certified copies of the translations. Now that you mention it, I don't recall seeing anywhere that asks for the original explicitly (it may be there so double check) but I guess since you need to have the translation attested, I figured implicitly they'd want to see the original stamp to verify authenticity of the attestation and all the pages it covers.

2) Correct - the third point "certified copy of the document" is of the original document

3) I don't think they waive attestations for translators. If your translation is a one-of translation, I would have the Dean or Registrar swear the statement in the instructions in front of a notary (depending on where you live this may be a headache or very simple - in the US, for example, I'm pretty sure you'll find many notaries in the university who could help you out and I wouldn't be surprised if there's at least one in the Registrar's Office. In other countries, I get that it's more trouble than that.) On the other hand, if your translation is a formal official school document, you might be able to get away with it but there's no guarantees.
Thanks OhCanadiana for the reply.

I guess I have to send the original translated document.

Actually, I have asked my university to create an affidavit. But the registrar told me they don't issue affidavits. Because there is no reason to doubt a document coming from the school that issued the diploma, and translated it. I guess I will have to take a risk here.

By the way, documents which has translations (in small fonts) in english below each line of my country's language is acceptable? I have another degree that the diploma issued is in my country's language, but below each sentence, there is an english translation, in smaller font size.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blueray333 said:
Thanks OhCanadiana for the reply.

I guess I have to send the original translated document.

Actually, I have asked my university to create an affidavit. But the registrar told me they don't issue affidavits. Because there is no reason to doubt a document coming from the school that issued the diploma, and translated it. I guess I will have to take a risk here.

By the way, documents which has translations (in small fonts) in english below each line of my country's language is acceptable? I have another degree that the diploma issued is in my country's language, but below each sentence, there is an english translation, in smaller font size.
I'd explain the Registrar's logic in a letter and put post-it-notes (or some other note) on each piece of paper that has the small-font English on it. I've seen other government officials ignore the small font and reject documents as not translated when they clearly were and have since learned my lesson on highlighting the relevant version to busy people.

blueray333

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2010
Doc's Request.
inc. in app.
AOR Received.
25-11-2010
IELTS Request
inc. in app.
File Transfer...
25-11-2010
Med's Request
07-02-2011
Med's Done....
12-03-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2011
OhCanadiana said:
I'd explain the Registrar's logic in a letter and put post-it-notes (or some other note) on each piece of paper that has the small-font English on it. I've seen other government officials ignore the small font and reject documents as not translated when they clearly were and have since learned my lesson on highlighting the relevant version to busy people.
That's a great tip OhCanadiana! ;)

TJ2010

Jun 5, 2010
my own problem now is transcript. My time(120days) expires on august 22, my school is on strike, indefinite strike, what do i do. do i send the transcript I obtained for another purpose which I do not need any longer. But the problem now is that its no more confidential i have opened it. Should I make Photocopy and notorize it or sent it like that and add a over letter. Any body with such an experience to please help me share his own experience

blueray333

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2010
Doc's Request.
inc. in app.
AOR Received.
25-11-2010
IELTS Request
inc. in app.
File Transfer...
25-11-2010
Med's Request
07-02-2011
Med's Done....
12-03-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2011
TJ2010 said:
my own problem now is transcript. My time(120days) expires on august 22, my school is on strike, indefinite strike, what do i do. do i send the transcript I obtained for another purpose which I do not need any longer. But the problem now is that its no more confidential i have opened it. Should I make Photocopy and notorize it or sent it like that and add a over letter. Any body with such an experience to please help me share his own experience
A suggestion: Maybe you can provide what you mentioned. and put in an explanation letter that says something about the strike.

manshriram

Jul 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks OhCanadiana for the reply. I have few more questions....I was studying in US for 1 year 8 months...Do I need to take Police clearance certificate from US, If yes Then how...Also I stayed at Singapore for 12 days...Do I need to take the police clearance certificate for the same..Do I need to send two different sets at two different place ie CIO canada and My Visa office in New Delhi India.....Please suggest and Thanks...

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TJ2010 said:
Consider including an explanation letter together with a certified/notarized copy (as blueray333 suggested also). If your visa office is unlikely to be familiar with the fact that the university is on strike (e.g., if they are in a different country) consider also sending newspaper article or website print out supporting the strike situation so that you give the explanation more weight and they see you did everything you could.

Good luck!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manshriram said:
Thanks OhCanadiana for the reply. I have few more questions....I was studying in US for 1 year 8 months...Do I need to take Police clearance certificate from US, If yes Then how...Also I stayed at Singapore for 12 days...Do I need to take the police clearance certificate for the same..Do I need to send two different sets at two different place ie CIO canada and My Visa office in New Delhi India.....Please suggest and Thanks...
1) You need PCC from US if you lived there more than 6 months after your 18th birthday - instructions available at http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.htm
2) If you were only in Singapore 12 days, PCC is not necessary
3) You only need to send PCC to the CIO (assuming you send in your initial application after June 26 2010); under new Ministerial Instructions they will then forward your application to your visa office

usaloser

May 8, 2009
Oh Canadiana,

Thanks so much for your responses here. My situation is quite similar to "biyaya" but probably much worse. My FBI certificate expires on August 13th (3 months counting from date of issue). I do not have any IELTS scores. I have the whole application packet ready and just like the poster you responded to below, I fear that by the time I take IELTS in September/October, the job code will have its quota filled up. Not only that, my FBI certificate would also expire by then. I do have 10 year old TOEFL scores, a 637 out of a 677, transcripts of my undergraduate degree from United States (including A grade in critical writing and A grade in speech class) and GMAT Verbal of 86th percentile - just listing the evidence of English language proficiency that I have. I have been working as a consultant in USA for the past five years serving fortune 500 clients and as you can imagine, English is just like my first language.

Do you think it makes sense for me to apply now without the IELTS score with a letter explaining the situation while giving evidence of my English language proficiency and promising to deliver the IELTS results as soon as I have them? What is the worse case scenario here? They return my packet and then I resend it with the IELTS in October? Best case, they keep my application, and I send my IELTS scores in October to CIO.

Alternatively, I could wait till I have my IELTS results in October and then apply with a 5 month old FBI certificate. That is also risky because then I'd have an expired FBI certificate and two months down the road may not have the open slots in my NOC code.

Please advise which of the two options I should go for ! Thanks so much for anyone's thoughtful responses to my dilemma.

alam59

Jul 29, 2010
Re: need help for Canada PR

HI,

I want to apply for a Canada PR but i am 50 years old,and i'm secondary school teacher.i'm moroccan,and i've 04 children.i've sent an application form to the canadian embassey, but without result.

Can anybody help me to begin again.

if u have suggestions feel free to mail me at almoaiz_lam10@hotmail.fr

blueray333

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2010
Doc's Request.
inc. in app.
AOR Received.
25-11-2010
IELTS Request
inc. in app.
File Transfer...
25-11-2010
Med's Request
07-02-2011
Med's Done....
12-03-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2011
I have a question.. maybe OhCanadiana or Pippin, or anyone have some thoughts..

I am applying for NOC 3112. As i believe, everyone knows doctors have different titles (but usually performing the same thing), and different time, and also, have multiple companies at the same time.

I am a company doctor, and I have duties on different copies. So, in a 1 week work, I have like 5 companies that I report to, on different time frames and day.

In the Schedule 3 form, #11, work experience: can I join all this an compute the 37.5 hours a week requirement?

Also, the occupation column, should this be coming from the employment certificates, or from the list of possible titles in NOC?

Please advice..