+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMPORTANT - need to send ALL documents to the CIO now (not visa office)

Blaze

Jul 5, 2009
Hi ,

Based on The document Checklist Number 12 in the New Rule , stated that only COPY , all the documents in the VISA Office..
Please check..

Regards

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Blaze said:
How can I make copy for my PCC because its envelope Seal?
when i will send to CIO?
It depends on the country of your PCC and your visa office. The instructions for PCCs are at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp and visa specific instructions are at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled-mission.asp.

In most cases, per the new instruction manual, you will need to send the original PCCs to the CIO plus translation by an accredited translator if it's not in English or French (per http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG73.asp, "All applicants must submit police certificates/clearances to the CIO as part of the application process.") There are exceptions because in some countries, for example, you cannot ask for a PCC yourself without a formal request from the Canadian Embassy in that country.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
visaexpert said:

It's good to prepare full documents before sending initial documents to CIO.

It will help for fast processing for the file.

But what about Proof of Fund. It is must to send POF at the time of initial application.

What is total processing time after 26th June?

It is difficult to invest Funds for 6 to 8 months till we get the decision.

It can be difficult to invest the funds, but they ask for the funds to show stability and that you have enough money to support yourself when you immigrate and in many cases ask for at least 6 months of statements so it's good to prepare them anyway.

The Backgrounder anticipates that overall processing time should be a bit shorter ("Eliminating the simplified application shaves 120 days off the total processing time, because this is the time we allowed applicants to send in their supporting documents." - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2010/2010-06-26c.asp). We won't know what the actual total processing time or processing time in a specific visa office will be until they start using the new process.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Final Check list for CIO

rely said:
Not sure Why New Delhi check list says to mail all these documents to NEW Delhi visa office.CIO says to mail all these to CIO.Will visa office will ask again???
I've noticed that at least a couple of the Visa Office Checklists have not been updated since June 26...

tryinghard

Dec 18, 2009
Guys,

I need PCC from the UK and the US. PCC from the US itseld might take upto 12 weeks. I am planning to apply in 1122 category like another gazillion people, wondering whether the 1000 will get filled in 3 months.

A lawyer told me that I can submit the PCC after submitting the application, or submit with a proof that I have sent a request for PCC.

Any thoughts?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tryinghard said:
Guys,

I need PCC from the UK and the US. PCC from the US itseld might take upto 12 weeks. I am planning to apply in 1122 category like another gazillion people, wondering whether the 1000 will get filled in 3 months.

A lawyer told me that I can submit the PCC after submitting the application, or submit with a proof that I have sent a request for PCC.

Any thoughts?

Given that you now need to submit all documents to the CIO, I'd expect applications to slow down a little bit in the immediate future. However, I agree that the cap is likely to be reached very quickly for some NOC codes. Therefore, if I were applying now, and I had all the other documents ready, I would submit everything else + the proof that you requested the PCC(s) (including shipping info and a copy of the letter to the FBI) and include a note on the checklist and cover letter explaining that you will forward the PCC as soon as you get it. Worst case, they say your application is not complete and send it back and you'll have to reapply. But if not, you'll at least have secured a spot in line. It may work, since you could do this before with visa offices given that they use the other documents first to ensure you meet the 67 points and are eligible for FSW. Ultimately, you have to decide what risk you are more comfortable with. I wish you the best of luck either way!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've taken another look at some of the CIC websites and

* * * there is now additional confirmation that ALL documents in the specific visa office checklist (Appendix A) must be sent to the CIO * * *.​

Given that there still seems to be significant confusion and lots of questions in the forum, thought it was worth sharing. [NOTE - if you haven't seen my original post on this thread. please take a look at http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/important-need-to-send-all-documents-to-the-cio-now-not-visa-office-t45808.0.html;msg331057#msg331057]

Instructions on "applying as a skilled worker"
(at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp)

"3. Supporting documents
The additional documents requested in Appendix A of the Visa Office specific forms, are required when you submit your application to the CIO.

Instructions on how to apply
(at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-how.asp)

"4. Check your application
Make sure that:
* your application and all forms are completed and signed
* your processing fee is included, and
* all required supporting documents are included.
If not, your application will be returned to you and you will have to complete and resubmit it. Use the document checklist included in the application package (Appendix A) to make sure your have not forgotten anything.
5. Submit your application
Mail your application and your fee to the Centralized Intake Office for Federal Skilled Worker Applications in Sydney, Nova Scotia (Canada). For more detailed information, including courier and mailing addresses, consult the federal skilled worker application package.
Do not submit your federal skilled worker application to the visa office responsible for your country of nationality or residence."
(bolding mine)

Thus, as web sites are updated (the above were quoted based on updated date of 2010-06-28), the changes consistently seem to be confirming that ALL documents requested in the Visa Office Checklists should be submitted to the CIO with the initial application.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OhCanadiana said:
I've taken another look at some of the CIC websites and

* * * there is now additional confirmation that ALL documents in the specific visa office checklist (Appendix A) must be sent to the CIO * * *.​

Given that there still seems to be significant confusion and lots of questions in the forum, thought it was worth sharing. [NOTE - if you haven't seen my original post on this thread. please take a look at http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/important-need-to-send-all-documents-to-the-cio-now-not-visa-office-t45808.0.html;msg331057#msg331057]

Instructions on "applying as a skilled worker"
(at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp)

"3. Supporting documents
The additional documents requested in Appendix A of the Visa Office specific forms, are required when you submit your application to the CIO.

Instructions on how to apply
(at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-how.asp)

"4. Check your application
Make sure that:
* your application and all forms are completed and signed
* your processing fee is included, and
* all required supporting documents are included.
If not, your application will be returned to you and you will have to complete and resubmit it. Use the document checklist included in the application package (Appendix A) to make sure your have not forgotten anything.
5. Submit your application
Mail your application and your fee to the Centralized Intake Office for Federal Skilled Worker Applications in Sydney, Nova Scotia (Canada). For more detailed information, including courier and mailing addresses, consult the federal skilled worker application package.
Do not submit your federal skilled worker application to the visa office responsible for your country of nationality or residence."
(bolding mine)

Thus, as web sites are updated (the above were quoted based on updated date of 2010-06-28), the changes consistently seem to be confirming that ALL documents requested in the Visa Office Checklists should be submitted to the CIO with the initial application.
Just wanted to add that the Operational Bulletin issues in response to the Ministerial Instructions indicates:
"The CIO will review applications for completeness pursuant to section 10 of the IRPR. If the application received is incomplete, the entire application package will be returned to the applicant.
Final eligibility determination at the CIO
The CIO will assess the applicant’s submission as-is and make a final determination of eligibility. To be eligible for processing, the applicant must meet all the criteria described in the MIs. If the application is eligible for processing, the applicant will be informed and the entire application will be forwarded to the visa office requested."
from http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob218.asp

lovebb

Star Member
Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cutemedo said:
Do we have to send all supporting documents also like Degrees copies, Bank statement, Police certificate etc etc also along with our initial forms to CIO Sydney Canada ?
Yes, now, it's a "full" package to be sent to Sydney, NS. Before 06/26, all those supporting documents were held until you got Sydney's approval.

lovebb

Star Member
Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone here!

First of all, OhCanadiana's comments are exactly right and complete. Thank you!
Secondly, let me share something with new applicants. I have a schoolmate who consulted me on 06/25 about his immigrantion plan and application. Both of our occupations are under NOC1111, and he has been the States for 16 years. He has planned to submit the "simple" application forms to Sydney on 06/27. But 06/26 when the new rule was being posted, he has to postpone his application by at least three months. All new applicants, when you read this post, please ask yourself if you have
1) registered for the lastest IELTS Module G,
2) contacted the local police station to get the certificate,
3) contacted your back to get the required fund certificate,
4) had work experience that can be adjusted to close to the new required NOC,
5) had notorized documenation, such as birth certificate, degree (non-US or non-Canada), transcript (non-US or non-Canada), etc.
6) had a copy of the passport, I-20 (US students), I-94(US residents).

For the rest part, OhCanadiana has offered the link at CIC. Should you have had a full package already, please submit to Sydney without any delay. The 20,000-cap is like the situation of applying for US H1-B visa, it will be filled very soon, maybe several weeks, days, or just a couple of hours.

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
OhCanadiana said:
I'm seeing a lot of questions going around about the new checklist and what documents to send to the CIO.

As I read the new information, it seems that with the changes made on June 26, you now need to submit ALL the documents to the CIO, including everything requested in the specific visa office checklist for the visa office you select with your initial application. [NOTE: this does NOT apply to people who submitted their applications to the CIO before June 26, 2010] Take a look at the application instructions and the Backgrounder:

The instructions say:
"Make sure to consult the document checklist (IMM 5612) and the Visa Office specific requirements (supporting documents) for your country at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled-mission.asp to determine what documents you will need to provide. If you are not prepared to submit full documentation to the CIO do not apply now. If you do not submit a complete application with the supporting documents, your application will be returned to you."

The backgrounder explains the change
"9. Why are you eliminating the simplified application?

Since we changed to the simplified application we've noticed a significantly higher number of applicants withdraw when asked for their supporting documents, or full application. By eliminating the simplified application and asking for all the documentation at once, we will make processing more efficient. Eliminating the simplified application shaves 120 days off the total processing time, because this is the time we allowed applicants to send in their supporting documents."
(from "http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2010/2010-06-26c.asp")

Many people are specifically asking about IELTS and PCC - and yes! you need to include them. Now

1) EVERY PRINCIPAL APPLICANT must submit the language test results (even if your native language in English or French) for an accredited test (currently IELTS and CELPIP for English and TEF for French) with their application (to the CIO)

2) PCC's must be submitted for EVERY APPLICANT (principal applicant, spouse, conjugal partner, children over a certain age depending on each country - usually 18 but sometimes 16) for every country you have lived in for 6 months or more since you were 16 or 18 years old. Note also that these must be in English or French or translated by an accredited translator.

I know this seems to be a big change, but don't despair. What you need to send hasn't changed ... you just need to send it all at once. Think positive - you no longer have to wait until you get AOR from CIO and therefore this process should be faster and this way you can make sure you have everything in time (there's been many posts before from people who are looking to get extensions from 120 days which will no longer be necessary). Good luck to everyone! If you have questions, post and search the forum ... there's lots of people who are very helpful here!
Do we need to send in our documents to visa office at later stages?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr.Hasib said:
Do we need to send in our documents to visa office at later stages?
The CIO will take care of sending the documents to the visa office if you are applying after June 26, 2010 once they review your application and determine it is eligible for processing.

(If, on the other hand, the CIO received your application before June 26, 2010 then you still need to submit the documents to the visa office during the 120 day period after you receive your first AOR)

punjabi

Apr 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I do not think need to send all the document with Initial Application
Please check Point 12 on http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5612E.PDF
they clearly mention in form IMM5612E
This document checklist (use it as the cover page)
Submit only the documents requested on this checklist.

mrkcse

Jul 6, 2010
HI Guys ,

I am a new member here. It seems to be a very friendly and informative group.

I want to apply in the new rule. I am bit confused with two thing:

1. my national ID card has some information written in English , some in my first language . Is it necessary to translate it in English ?
other thing is that there is a mistake in my spouse'e father name in her national id ? I am afriad if we want to go for correction, it will take time ? Is any suggestion from u people what should I do under these circumstances?

2. I want to pay via credit card . they do not accept online payment . so how I can do that ? Should it be enough if I fill up the payment form and give the card details and signature there?