+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMPLIED STATUS

NEY

Sep 19, 2012
Is it different or much longer to process an OPEN WORK PERMIT when you're on implied status?

OC

Feb 11, 2013
I'm currently on a visitor visa which expires at the end of this month. I'm waiting on a response from CIC in regards to the working holiday IEC program. I thought if my visitor visa expired before I got a response from CIC I would be on implied status, but after finding a lot of other people's comments saying implied status was not given to those dealing with IEC I'm worried.

Does anyone have any experience with the situation I'm in (visitor visa expiring and waiting for a response from IEC/CIC)? Because so far I've only found info regarding current IEC working holiday participants whos visa has expired and are waiting on getting a second working holiday approval etc. and statements saying they will not be eligible for implied status.

If anyone could shed some light on this I will explode with relief instead of worry.

OC

Feb 11, 2013
PS sorry to hijack your original post. I have no idea if the time frames differ depending on what status you currently hold but I would assume they're all the same regardless?