+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Implied status while waiting for new WP?

katniss

Sep 15, 2011
Hi everyone,

I am working on a PGWP which expires tomorrow! I have applied for a "closed/employer based" WP (based on an LMO which is still under processing) earlier this week. I know that I am now considered to be "working on implied status" but was wondering if the CIC issues any documents confirming this fact? Or is it just to be understood?

Thanks all!

canpr

Nov 12, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-01-2010
LANDED..........
12-2012
Katniss, I was in the same staus few months ago. CIC doesn't issue any document to confirm the implied status. But, it is understood as per my attorney. You can have the acknowledgement of receipt of your application as a proof. In fact, you can request for OHIP coverage during the implied status to the OHIP Review Committee. They will take about 4 to 6 weeks to consider your case. If its genuine, you will get OHIP coverage during your implied status. Hope this helps.

katniss

Sep 15, 2011
Hi canpr,

Thanks so much for the reply! I didn't know about the OHIP; that is definitely useful information to know.

Fingers crossed that the LMO approval comes through before the new arbitrary "60-day" wait the CIC is conducting before just rejecting applications!!

canpr

Nov 12, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-01-2010
LANDED..........
12-2012
Good Luck!! Another reason to apply for OHIP is if you go without OHIP. Beyond 90 days during implied status, you will have to again re-register for OHIP and wait for OHIP to kick-in as if you entered the country for the first time.

ranjitbuttar

Aug 12, 2013
Hi

My parents health cards have been suspended by Kingston branch office. When we went there they asked us to stay in ontario for 3 months and come back. When we went back we were taken aback to hear that they dont acknowledge that my parents have been staying here without adequate proofs. they told me that we could fight against their decision by going to review commitee. My parents are dependent on me and cannot have their own many documents. My dad has been using cell phone for last 3 months on his name and my mother paid some visits to doctor. I dont know how long review committee will take. Can we apply OHIp from scratch as i think it better to wait another 3 months. In this time i will gather as many documents for them, separate phones for my parents, bank accounts, keeping logs of appointments. even i can transfer some bills to my parents name. Please you too suggest me what are the documents we can prepare. Otherwise, if we go to review committee, my dad's phone bill and call records, my mom's visit to doctor, are these sufficient? cpz kingston guy told me phone records can prove my dad's residency but not my mother's.
Thanks in advance. Please tell me how we can handle this case.