+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Implied status approval

Mar 31, 2018
hi there,
I've applied for PR with my spouse sponsoring me. Our application was received (according to Canada post) on the 13th of this month although it is not popping up when I put my passport details into the IRC website. I understand that it's a long process, I just want to ensure that my implied status still stands when that time comes in 2/3 weeks or so.
What do I use to prove my implied status and will IRC know the exact date when they received my application?
Thanks

mrs_december

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-05-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
File Transfer...
26-06-2018
Med's Request
18-06-2018
Med's Done....
06-07-2018
Passport Req..
22-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-09-2018
You don't get implied status just from applying. It takes anywhere from 45-60 days after the CIC receives your application for it to be entered into the system to begin processing. There will be no record of your application anywhere in the records 2-3 weeks from now.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
did you currently have a valid status and apply for inland spousal sponsorship with Open Work Permit (OWP) ?

Mar 31, 2018
Hi Wakki yes currently have a visitors status and I'm currently in Canada, didn't include an OWP. I find 45-60 days to even be acknowledged of a receipt their end, hard to believe as speaking to an advisor for IRC I was told they recommend 30 days before status is up to apply (and that's so you don't lose status, nothing to do with not being granted implied status). If you have to apply at least 60 days in advance of your status expiring then there would be some sort of info on this on the IRC website or on the automated phone system would there not?
My understanding was that as long as you have proof that you applied you have implied status.. That's what it says on the website.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hi there,
I've applied for PR with my spouse sponsoring me. Our application was received (according to Canada post) on the 13th of this month although it is not popping up when I put my passport details into the IRC website. I understand that it's a long process, I just want to ensure that my implied status still stands when that time comes in 2/3 weeks or so.
What do I use to prove my implied status and will IRC know the exact date when they received my application?
Thanks
Hi Wakki yes currently have a visitors status and I'm currently in Canada, didn't include an OWP. I find 45-60 days to even be acknowledged of a receipt their end, hard to believe as speaking to an advisor for IRC I was told they recommend 30 days before status is up to apply (and that's so you don't lose status, nothing to do with not being granted implied status). If you have to apply at least 60 days in advance of your status expiring then there would be some sort of info on this on the IRC website or on the automated phone system would there not?
My understanding was that as long as you have proof that you applied you have implied status.. That's what it says on the website.
Your query makes no sense. If you applied inland but didn't submit an OWP, you will not have Implied Status when your current status expires. Did you apply separately to extend your visitor status? What do you need to "prove your implied status" for?

Reactions: smallcoffee

mrs_december

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-05-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
File Transfer...
26-06-2018
Med's Request
18-06-2018
Med's Done....
06-07-2018
Passport Req..
22-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-09-2018
The 30 days to apply not to lose status has to do with people submitting status extensions, not applications for PR. If you are a visitor then you only have what status is on your visitor visa and nothing else. You can apply to extend your status if necessary, but an application for PR does not automatically confer implied status. You would have implied status after the approval of an OWP, which you did not apply for. If you'd like, you can research any thread on this forum about "Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR1)" and you can find the 45-60 day timeframe. There's plenty of info on here in regards to the timeline and the process for processing an application.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
If you are currently living inside Canada and your sponsorship application is INLAND.......before the expiration of your current temporary visa, will advice that you submit an application immediately for OWP........you are allowed to submit application for OWP after you have submitted your sponsorship application.........note, your OWP will only be approved if as at the time the OWP application was received you had a valid status........your application for OWP if accepted will give you implied status............also, you could apply to extend your current temporary visa to remain in status until the OWP is approved........OWP is approved within 4months.........when you apply for OWP ensure you pay the complete $255 fees (100+155).

Temporary resident : Implied status (extending a stay)

Sarahh Khan

Jul 24, 2018
Hi ,

My spouse permanent residency was applied on April 10th , and still no approval on case. It will be 4 months on August 10 2018 . Is anyone experiencing same delay?

Really worried why its taking so long for approval to come. My husband is in Montreal but papers were filed via Missisuaga where its done initially.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi ,

My spouse permanent residency was applied on April 10th , and still no approval on case. It will be 4 months on August 10 2018 . Is anyone experiencing same delay?

Really worried why its taking so long for approval to come. My husband is in Montreal but papers were filed via Missisuaga where its done initially.
Have you received AOR?

Sarahh Khan

Jul 24, 2018
Have you received AOR?
No , I have not received any AOR so far. Could it take so long ? Only received courier confirmation on 12 April after applying it on 10th April, receipt that it is received in Missisuaga by some person David.

After that heard nothing from them. Is there any means I can track my status ?Through email or through call ? Not sure why it is taking so long for acknowledgement of documents. Please assist.

Last edited:

Sarahh Khan

Jul 24, 2018
Y

Yes , it is standard spousal application.
My husband has PR he lives in Montreal and it will be almost 1 year now that he is living there , I applied through renowned consultant from Pakistan .I have no clue why approval hasnt come yet. Does it matter that you have to apply from within canada? My application went through Missisuaga anyway.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
My husband has PR he lives in Montreal and does good job , I applied through renowned consultant from Pakistan .I have no clue why approval hasnt come yet. Does it matter that you have to apply from within canada? My application went through Missisuaga anyway.
If you have a rep everything goes through them anyway. Are you sure your rep didn't receive AOR?

Sarahh Khan

Jul 24, 2018
If you have a rep everything goes through them anyway. Are you sure your rep didn't receive AOR?
I have applied through reknown consultant in Pakistan , and they are only saying we have not received any approval for you so far. It could be work load in immigration. But I am worried does Approval of case / document can take 4 months?