+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Imperfect truth or perfect lie

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
Guys,

General question on address history :

In 2010, I stayed for two months in US across two places-
1. Service apartment for a month - I have the society address, but not the actual apartment number. My friend in US who stayed with me back then (same company) shared society address, but not replying with the apartment number. What do I do?

2. Hotel for a month - the hotel folks are not replying with the exact check in date so I am not sure when I moved from apartment to hotel. I don't have room number either.

There are two options:
1. Either I put in approximate date and no apartment/room number OR
2. Put another friend's residence in the same city where I didn't stay at all, but he is okay to vouch so..

What is better - imperfect truth or perfect lie?

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
Do not lie.
Ok in the truth case too, there is an implicit misrepresentaton because the hotel is not telling me my exact check-in date. If they conduct a check with the hotel and hotel folks reveal dates different from what I have put, there will be a problem.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
So, you think the explicit lie is better than imperfect dates along with a notation saying that you think these are the correct dates but cannot remember the precise date and room number?

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
So, you think the explicit lie is better than imperfect dates along with a notation saying that you think these are the correct dates but cannot remember the precise date and room number?
I wish to put everything as it is; however, don't know when exactly I moved from apartment to hotel.

So you think guessing a random date is best option?? Date is a mandatory field...you can't leave it blank stating I don't know.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I wish to put everything as it is; however, don't know when exactly I moved from apartment to hotel.

So you think guessing a random date is best option?? Date is a mandatory field...you can't leave it blank stating I don't know.
You don't even remember the month?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Ok in the truth case too, there is an implicit misrepresentaton because the hotel is not telling me my exact check-in date. If they conduct a check with the hotel and hotel folks reveal dates different from what I have put, there will be a problem.
Seriously, IRCC is not going to waste time calling a hotel to check on your one month stay 9 years ago....

Put down your best guess and state on a separate sheet that you don't have the full address for the first place and don't remember the exact date for the second address.

indpnv

Mar 16, 2018
United States
Guys,

General question on address history :

In 2010, I stayed for two months in US across two places-
1. Service apartment for a month - I have the society address, but not the actual apartment number. My friend in US who stayed with me back then (same company) shared society address, but not replying with the apartment number. What do I do?

2. Hotel for a month - the hotel folks are not replying with the exact check in date so I am not sure when I moved from apartment to hotel. I don't have room number either.

There are two options:
1. Either I put in approximate date and no apartment/room number OR
2. Put another friend's residence in the same city where I didn't stay at all, but he is okay to vouch so..

What is better - imperfect truth or perfect lie?
Do you really need to mention about 2 months in US in the address history? Doesn't that go to the Travel history during the Post ITA stuff?

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
Do you really need to mention about 2 months in US in the address history? Doesn't that go to the Travel history during the Post ITA stuff?
I think any international stay for 2-3 months is certainly worthy of mention in the address history. That's how they compute which all PCCs are required.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Are you preparing a letter of explanation for other reasons? I highly (highly!) doubt that IRCC is going to verify specific dates like this in 2010. But if you are very worried about this - or if you are otherwise preparing a letter of explanation - then yes, write a sentence about this.

Otherwise, just put your estimated dates as above.