+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration to Canada

nawawi

Aug 24, 2017
dear all ,

I have tried to go through the express entry eligibility but I was not qualified as I got 59 ..I lost points on my age as I am 1975 ..my grades in Ielts are:
S 8
W 6
R 6
L 6.5
I have few questions and I do appreciate if some one can help me

How they calculate the marks in Ielts to be converted to points on express entry

My wife is younger than me but she has a diploma and she speaks fluent French but she didn't apply for TEF ..can some one direct me please ..I was thinking to apply for PNP but it says that you have to be qualified on express entry

Any other options to come to Canada even Maybe an acceptance to study

Reactions: boblast

boblast

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
dear all ,

I have tried to go through the express entry eligibility but I was not qualified as I got 59 ..I lost points on my age as I am 1975 ..my grades in Ielts are:
S 8
W 6
R 6
L 6.5
I have few questions and I do appreciate if some one can help me

How they calculate the marks in Ielts to be converted to points on express entry

My wife is younger than me but she has a diploma and she speaks fluent French but she didn't apply for TEF ..can some one direct me please ..I was thinking to apply for PNP but it says that you have to be qualified on express entry

Any other options to come to Canada even Maybe an acceptance to study
I would say that the best and smoothest path for you guys would be to immigrate through PEQ in Quebec. Since your wife already speaks French, she could do a course here of at least 1.800 hours and then you guys would be eligible to apply through PEQ and thus within 20 days you guys would get it and be eligible to apply for Permanent Residency. No age, no points, and nothing else. All you guys have to do is to enroll your wife in a course which could be a DEC, DEP, master, phd and a few others. After the course, you guys are good to go. All the best for you. It would take a while to immigrate but it is certain. :)

nawawi

Aug 24, 2017
I would say that the best and smoothest path for you guys would be to immigrate through PEQ in Quebec. Since your wife already speaks French, she could do a course here of at least 1.800 hours and then you guys would be eligible to apply through PEQ and thus within 20 days you guys would get it and be eligible to apply for Permanent Residency. No age, no points, and nothing else. All you guys have to do is to enroll your wife in a course which could be a DEC, DEP, master, phd and a few others. After the course, you guys are good to go. All the best for you. It would take a while to immigrate but it is certain. :)
I didn't understand ,how many hours and where here in Canada? But we are in Australia .can u please show me how and what to do as my knowledge is zero on Canada immigration system

Much appreciate your support

boblast

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
I didn't understand ,how many hours and where here in Canada? But we are in Australia .can u please show me how and what to do as my knowledge is zero on Canada immigration system

Much appreciate your support
No problem. The course has to be taken in the province of Quebec.

Here is the web page where has all the details you need to know:

https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/stay-quebec/application-csq/students-peq/index.html

Here is another page with additional details about the valid diplomas for Programme de l’expérience québécoise (PEQ).

https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/stay-quebec/application-csq/students-peq/conditions-steps.html

Hope it helps.

Regards.

Last edited:

nawawi

Aug 24, 2017
Thank you dear for your reply ,what I understood is that we need to get an acceptance from an educational institute first then we can get a student visa to study (my wife).but a question here ,we shall apply all of us on this visa? What I mean what the visa we should apply for me and my kids ,is it the same ? So the study to be for 2 years,right ? With the possibility to move after we stay at least have of it .and before 6 months of ending the study if we are sure of completion we can apply but she has to proof oral French speaking (which she can for sure),right?
Please correct me if I am wrong

boblast

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
Thank you dear for your reply ,what I understood is that we need to get an acceptance from an educational institute first then we can get a student visa to study (my wife).but a question here ,we shall apply all of us on this visa? What I mean what the visa we should apply for me and my kids ,is it the same ? So the study to be for 2 years,right ? With the possibility to move after we stay at least have of it .and before 6 months of ending the study if we are sure of completion we can apply but she has to proof oral French speaking (which she can for sure),right?
Please correct me if I am wrong
what I understood is that we need to get an acceptance from an educational institute first then we can get a student visa to study (my wife).

Yes, first of all you need to contact a school here, there are many options and see what you need to enroll. I would advise you to contact a student exchange agency instead, in which does not charge for this assistance then ask them questions to find out what you look for with respect to school program that best suits your wife and family's needs and also one which provides assistance with CAQ, student and work permit for you and family's members.

Usually these agencies work on commission of the courses you buy from the school.

we shall apply all of us on this visa?

Yes, your wife you would get a student permit valid from the period she'd get it to end of the course. You would get a open work permit valid to the same period of your wife's studies which would allow you to work anywhere in Canada, but of course, you would look for jobs where you would live, in this case, Quebec. The only issue for you is French. It is hard to get a job when you don't speak it. But you have your wife and she can teach you it or you enroll in a French course here and master it as soon as possible. Your kids would get tourist visa valid to the same period of your wife's study too.

So the study to be for 2 years,right ?

Well, it varies a lot and depends on the course she will get, there many good options. I think it is better if you guys, firstly figure out what you guys want or what she wants. Therefore, find a student exchange agency. There are many of them and talk to the agents. There are options starting from 1 year and half up to 3 years. The course has to be of 1800 hours at least and diplomas issued have to be DEP or DEC or Masters, Phds and so forth. In the second link, in my previous message,
has the eligible diplomas and certificates. You can have a quick look. It is very important.

With the possibility to move after we stay at least have of it .and before 6 months of ending the study if we are sure of completion we can apply but she has to proof oral French speaking (which she can for sure),right

After she has completed half of her study program she can apply for PEQ and add all her family. However, they will only issue the CSQ after completion of her study program. After you guys get CSQ, you can apply for permanent residency.

A few schools are strict as to French proficiency others not so much. You have to find out which course and program because it is reliant on that.

Unsure if I understood what you said on "With the possibility to move after we stay at least have of it"

Anyway, if you have said that your plan is to come to Quebec then get your permanent residency and then move out of the province as you have it. Well, be aware that you can do that. However, after immigration gives you the PR, they want you to stay in the province for at least 2 years. When you are going to renew your PR , they could reject the renewal of it if they want to since you did not stick to the conditions of your PR. I have never seen it happens but you know, it is better play by the rules. Canada is a country of laws too

Take care.

Regards.

Last edited:
Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

nawawi

Aug 24, 2017
Thank you so much for your help ..if we get acceptance and she started to study then after she finishes we can apply for the residency right ? And the period of 2 years which she will stay during her study to be calculated as one year of residency once we apply to citizenship ,right? Means 2 years to go after that for the citizenship .but for the agencies you were talking about ,do you have any email address or links that I can start contacting them ..as for the French test ..is it only oral ,as it says in Quebec website it is oral production and another oral (can't remember what was it ).this test to be done prior to applying to residency right?

I got the links for the diplomas and more details

Thank you so much for your help in advance

boblast

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
Thank you so much for your help ..if we get acceptance and she started to study then after she finishes we can apply for the residency right ? And the period of 2 years which she will stay during her study to be calculated as one year of residency once we apply to citizenship ,right? Means 2 years to go after that for the citizenship .but for the agencies you were talking about ,do you have any email address or links that I can start contacting them ..as for the French test ..is it only oral ,as it says in Quebec website it is oral production and another oral (can't remember what was it ).this test to be done prior to applying to residency right?

I got the links for the diplomas and more details

Thank you so much for your help in advance
If we get acceptance and she started to study then after she finishes we can apply for the residency right ?
Yes, right.

And the period of 2 years which she will stay during her study to be calculated as one year of residency once we apply to citizenship ,right?
Yes, right. Take a chill pill, you have a long drive up until you get PR. Find the course first. that's the first step. I would do it as soon as possible. Immigration rules change so quickly.

.but for the agencies you were talking about ,do you have any email address or links that I can start contacting them
Well, use the internet. for sure you will find one. if you feel that the agency is not reliable at the first sight, please don't continue talking to them. change and find another one.

as for the French test ..is it only oral ,as it says in Quebec website it is oral production and another oral (can't remember what was it ).this test to be done prior to applying to residency right?
Yes, right. All has to be done before applying to.

Regards.

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Retake your IELTS test you need to get 8 from listening and 7 from everything else
2. your wife shall take TEF Canada. The higher result the better but at least upper half of B2
3. Your wife shall take IELTS test again the higher the better, but she shall aim for same as you 8, 7, 7, 7
4. Your wife shall get ECA from her school
And now your wife will be the main applicant and she will get more points. Especially for good french that helps and also that she is younger.
If she has at least 3 years bachelor she shall go after French stream Ontario PNP. (I assume, that she speaks english as well).

That way it will be cheaper than go through quebec PEQ.

Good luck