+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

'Immigration Status' question in Citizenship application

us2canada17

Jul 15, 2017
Hello members. I am filling the Online Citizenship application, specifically the question on immigration status or Citizenship from other countries. I was on F-1 visa in US for nearly 6 years. This time was split into F1 Student and F1 Student OPT EAD. Now, should I mention my entire time in US as one entry and choose 'Student' from the drop-down menu OR should I split it into two, mention one entry as Student and for the time I worked with EAD on F1 OPT, choose 'Other' from drop-down menu and write F1 OPT ? F1 OPT is also tied to F1 Student status but I am wondering if splitting it will add more clarity. If I put the entire 6 years under one 'Student' entry, will it confuse the agent as to how I have employment activity in the next section (of the application) while the previous section tells I was in Student status throughout the entire period ? Thanks in advance.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello members. I am filling the Online Citizenship application, specifically the question on immigration status or Citizenship from other countries. I was on F-1 visa in US for nearly 6 years. This time was split into F1 Student and F1 Student OPT EAD. Now, should I mention my entire time in US as one entry and choose 'Student' from the drop-down menu OR should I split it into two, mention one entry as Student and for the time I worked with EAD on F1 OPT, choose 'Other' from drop-down menu and write F1 OPT ? F1 OPT is also tied to F1 Student status but I am wondering if splitting it will add more clarity. If I put the entire 6 years under one 'Student' entry, will it confuse the agent as to how I have employment activity in the next section (of the application) while the previous section tells I was in Student status throughout the entire period ? Thanks in advance.
Split into two entires Student and Worker.