20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
honey_quim08 said:
What are the possible questions asked by immigration officer upon entering Canada for a visitor visa? Thanks ;)
Most common:

Why are you coming to Canada?
What are your plans?
Where are you staying? For how long?
What are you going to do?
Do you have any family in Canada?
When is your return date?
Any gifts you are bringing?

And so on, all questions are asked based on your previous answers.

honey_quim08

Oct 6, 2014
Is there a chnace that the immigration officer can check my peniding application for fedral skilled worker?
I am afraid this might cause a refusal to enter Canada during my visit in december (i have submiited my application on oct. 1)

Thanks! I cant see the "good" button in the left

M

mikeymyke

I doubt it, they're just more interested if you have enough $, you're not planning on working, you have return ticket, have a place to stay, and not carrying any drugs.

They don't care you have a pending application to live in Canada permanently, they just care that you will abide by your current TRV and leave when you're supposed to, and not overstay.

My wife had a PR application pending when she got her TRV, but the officer didn't care, they just asked her those questions above and let her in.

msdaybreak

Sep 14, 2014
honey_quim08 said:
Is there a chnace that the immigration officer can check my peniding application for fedral skilled worker?
I am afraid this might cause a refusal to enter Canada during my visit in december (i have submiited my application on oct. 1)
Not that I am trying to discourage you but I just would like to share my experience before (about 6-7 years ago) when I applied for a visitor's visa. I was denied the visitor's visa even if I submitted all the needed requirements and I think it's probably due to a pending FSW application. They probably think I won't leave Canada if granted the visitor's visa.

But I know someone who was denied in his FSW application but was given a visitor's visa a few months after he applied for it. Maybe it all depends on what documents you submit to them.

M

mikeymyke

msdaybreak said:
Not that I am trying to discourage you but I just would like to share my experience before (about 6-7 years ago) when I applied for a visitor's visa. I was denied the visitor's visa even if I submitted all the needed requirements and I think it's probably due to a pending FSW application. They probably think I won't leave Canada if granted the visitor's visa.

But I know someone who was denied in his FSW application but was given a visitor's visa a few months after he applied for it. Maybe it all depends on what documents you submit to them.
Please don't discourage. Again, CIC doesn't care if you have a pending application to live here permanently. Anyone can be a genuine visitor, even if they intend to live permanently, as long as they don't overstay their visa. Sure you might have to prove your intentions to leave a little more, but it's not impossible.

My wife had a pending family class sponsorship application underway, yet she got a multiple TRV. It all boils down to how well you can prove your case, as well as a bit of luck.

honey_quim08

Oct 6, 2014
Thank you all for your inputs. And yes, my intention is purely a visit in December and will definitely go back when the visit pass expires.

Anyways, I will have my supporting documents ready by then.

Also, to avoid confusion, I already had my multiple TRV which will expire until 2019. I just worried that when I travel, the immigration will deny my entry because of my intention/application for FSW.

Thank you againa. :D