+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration on grounds of Disability & Weather

Smileyman

Jun 11, 2019
Hello,

I live in islamabad, pakistan and my wife has recently been diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. It is a long term illness and has no cure as of now. It effects one whole side of the body (Arm & Leg) leaves in numb and in pain. A Lesion in brain is the main cause of the disease caused by ones own immune system. It is a very rare disease and specific to only Caucasian Race as per recent studies. There are no medication to cure it the only thing one can do is take preventive measures, things which trigger it. In hot temperature the Brain flares up causing severe health conditions.

The ambient temperature triggers it the most. In pakistan temp in summers rise upto 43 Degrees Celsius (Islamabad, Pakistan). and summers last here around 8 months.

Question:
What i would like to ask you kind fellows is that would it be possible to apply for immigration to canada on grounds of disability (Multiple Sclerosis do qualify as disability) ? Having said that better medical care in canada for my wife as MS is more common there aswell as canadian weather is far more suitable for her health condition.

I am a profession have studied from england and have around 7 years of work experience and similarly my wife is also a graduate and is working for US-AID (its a United States Diplomatic Mission Poject in Pakistan).

What are my options here? thank you all.

mau123

Nov 16, 2018
Hello,

I live in islamabad, pakistan and my wife has recently been diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. It is a long term illness and has no cure as of now. It effects one whole side of the body (Arm & Leg) leaves in numb and in pain. A Lesion in brain is the main cause of the disease caused by ones own immune system. It is a very rare disease and specific to only Caucasian Race as per recent studies. There are no medication to cure it the only thing one can do is take preventive measures, things which trigger it. In hot temperature the Brain flares up causing severe health conditions.

The ambient temperature triggers it the most. In pakistan temp in summers rise upto 43 Degrees Celsius (Islamabad, Pakistan). and summers last here around 8 months.

Question:
What i would like to ask you kind fellows is that would it be possible to apply for immigration to canada on grounds of disability (Multiple Sclerosis do qualify as disability) ? Having said that better medical care in canada for my wife as MS is more common there aswell as canadian weather is far more suitable for her health condition.

I am a profession have studied from england and have around 7 years of work experience and similarly my wife is also a graduate and is working for US-AID (its a United States Diplomatic Mission Poject in Pakistan).

What are my options here? thank you all.
Really not sure... But you can always try. The only concern for me is that it might be considered a burden to Canadian society (your wife's health) is she needs long term care, etc...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You would have to qualify for economic immigration like everyone else. Pakistan also has a wide variety of weather conditions. Would move to a mountainous region if you are looking for cooler temperatures. Your wife has a high chance of being refused immigration due to her health needs and that would mean you would be refused as well. I would start out by finding out whether you qualify for economic immigration. You can then decide whether you are willing to go through the time and expense of an application given that there is a chance that your wife is medically inadmissible.

Reactions: mau123