+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration officer did not take down my canadian address

nat.panic

Star Member
Dec 20, 2011
Hi group,

Would like some help from people of this group.

I have received my PR and have completed the landing @ toronto airport. But the immigration officer did not take down my Canadian address for my PR card since i said that i will be staying @ my friends place :(......

Wondering what should i do now in order for my PR card to be mailed to my canadian address. I would be staying in canada only for 10 days (which i know that i cannot receive my PR card by then) Would like to update cic the address i would be staying @ and once i receive my PR card, my friend can mail it to me. Please suggest how do i do this.

Thank you

Guacamole

Nov 20, 2012
Don´t worry... You just need to go to this webpage and change whatever address you have...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp

I was in the same situation and I received my PR card on time...

Really there is nothing to be worried about

nat.panic

Star Member
Dec 20, 2011
Hello Guacomale,

Thanks for your reply man.

I have updated the address by calling the CIC call centre. Agent stated that it will take 35 days to receive the card.. I have now left the country..

hopefully will get the card to the canadian address i provided. Fingers crossed. :-X

aaad

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Hi natpanic

if u r still active on this forum,I would like to ask How did u manage to submit ur passport from India.I have been asked to submit my passport to ottawa office but i dont know how can i submit my passport since its illegal to send passport out of india.Please help me if u r still active on this forum