+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration Office Requested. Which one to choose?

hellorichmond

Jan 2, 2014
Hello everyone,

I am about to submit application to sponsor my mother. She is a Chinese citizen and also a US permanent resident.

For IMM0008, it asks "Immigration Office Requested for Processing this application", my understanding is that she can choose either offices in China (Beijing, HongKong) or offices in the States, isn't that?

Thanks,

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
hellorichmond said:
Hello everyone,

I am about to submit application to sponsor my mother. She is a Chinese citizen and also a US permanent resident.

For IMM0008, it asks "Immigration Office Requested for Processing this application", my understanding is that she can choose either offices in China (Beijing, HongKong) or offices in the States, isn't that?

Thanks,
All PR apps for US residents are processed through CPP-Ottawa office, so you could select that one, or the Beijing/HK office.

However ultimately the choice of where to send the app is up to CPC-Mississauga after they finish the sponsor evaluation. No matter what you request, they sometimes send apps to country of citizenship instead of residence.

hellorichmond

Jan 2, 2014
Rob_TO said:
All PR apps for US residents are processed through CPP-Ottawa office, so you could select that one, or the Beijing/HK office.

However ultimately the choice of where to send the app is up to CPC-Mississauga after they finish the sponsor evaluation. No matter what you request, they sometimes send apps to country of citizenship instead of residence.
Thanks!

Shall I leave this field blank or shall I specify an office, since sponsorship application is processed by the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M) anyway.

The applications for both sponsorship and permanent residence are filled out and sent at the same time. If sponsorship is processed at CPC-M, does it make sense or difference to specify an overseas office for permanent residence application in IMM0008 (this field is not mandatory anyway).

Thank you.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
hellorichmond said:
The applications for both sponsorship and permanent residence are filled out and sent at the same time. If sponsorship is processed at CPC-M, does it make sense or difference to specify an overseas office for permanent residence application in IMM0008 (this field is not mandatory anyway).
If you have a preference, then you should put the visa office you want in that field. If your parents are already living in USA then choosing CPP-Ottawa is most likely your best option. Hopefully CPC-M follows your choice.

However just be prepared that your app still may end up going to China for processing.