26-01-2012
IELTS Request
AIP: 04-02-2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
17-04-2013
hi everyone,

It seems like everyone is suggesting lawyers and consultants left and right. However, this can also be hit-or-miss in that you could find yourself paying thousands of dollars for somebody who ends up doing a poor job on your papers and get you rejected. My mother-in-law had such an experience with a lawyer who gave her bad information which ended up making her ineligible for her green card (this was in the US). It took her another 10 years to finally get her green card.

So I'm starting this thread so people who know good immigration lawyers specializing in the family class can post some referrals. Maybe indicate the province this lawyer is in and why he/she is good :D

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Mr. David Cohen.. :)

VanSquirrel

Star Member
Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-01-2012
IELTS Request
AIP: 04-02-2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
17-04-2013
sunsun said:
Mr. David Cohen.. :)
Good point lol. I completely forgot this forum is hosted by a law firm..... so maybe not the most appropriate post. :-[

On a side note, the $100 for a 30-min consultation listed on the website is not a bad price. We had to pay $200.

nitohah

Jun 23, 2012
Hello Van,
i saw your mail but couldn't reply with yahoo, to start with you have your ALP already as they have send you that letter, all you have to do now is wait for the other letter to come, in my own case, we went to local office before ALP but after the interview about a week we received our ALP but in your case you don't need the interview as you pass the first stage now, so wait have make sure your file is up to date as in documentation you are yet to provide if they ask for them.
keep in posted, good luck.

JimM

Sep 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
My wife and I went with Mr Cohen's firm and have been very happy with them. I got my PPR last week, so it would seem they gave of good advice :)

figtoria

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm sorry that we used a lawyer. He gave us bad advice (not to send the OWP in with the app) and frankly, I knew more about some of the nit-picky details than he did.

He also claimed that inland applications were taking 4 months from start to finish.

Unless you have a really complicated case, I wouldn't bother with a lawyer. I'm kicking myself now.

LuckyJinx

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 1st 2010
File Transfer...
Oct. 27 2011
Med's Done....
Jan. 17 2011/ Re-Done Oct. 10 2012
Interview........
Jan. 31 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Work permit issued Jan. 31 2012
LANDED..........
Feb 4th 2013.....Finally!!!!!
Alex Stojicevic located in Vancouver. An EXCELLENT lawyer for those complicated cases.

http://vancouverlaw.ca/aleksandar-alex-stojicevic