Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
27-12-2014
Has anyone used an immigration lawyer for cec category and if so have any recommendations for Ontario? I googled a few and contacted some places but if anyone can recommend someone based on their experience that would be great thanks!

ukulele

Jun 27, 2013
yokies said:
Has anyone used an immigration lawyer for cec category and if so have any recommendations for Ontario? I googled a few and contacted some places but if anyone can recommend someone based on their experience that would be great thanks!
Some ppl use immigration lawyers. I don't have any experience with immigration lawyers personally. Before I applied for PR under CEC I went to see one lawyer uptown Toronto and she was just a waste of my time and a huuuge waste of my $. I spent around 30 minutes with her she was just entering all the info into her computer and the other 30 minutes she was listening to me telling her how I am applying and what my NOC code is... Long story short, she did not give me any advice, she just said you will be fine, go ahead and apply, and when I asked her to review my application to catch errors she said "your hour is up, unless you wanna pay $250 more for another hour, my law clerk will check it for you".

Being a law clerk myself, I do not suggest to retain a lawyer for immigration purposes unless you have a very difficult case. CEC is fairly simple and straightforward, so use this forum if you have questions and then only if you have a serious problem or issue you can visit a lawyer for 1 hour right before applying...

As much as I hate to say it they only care about $, not ppl...

sooperdice

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
03-06-2014
Med's Request
04-06-2015
Med's Done....
09-06-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
28-07-2015
I had a bad experience with lawyers when i applied for my LMO. Basically i ended up having to do most of the work because of their incompetence and greed.

For CEC, I applied myself. I advise you to do the same and save yourself at least 5 grand. It's just a matter of being diligent and getting all your paperwork in order.

yokies

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
AOR Received.
28-08-2014 and 09-09-2014
Med's Done....
18-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
27-12-2014
The reason why I am seeking an immigration lawyer is the fact that my occupation is one of those grey areas where it can be unskilled or skilled. For me to successfully succeed in the application I feel that a lawyer would be able to do this. I agree that yes lawyers can take your money and be greedy so that's why I want to go with someone who has had a good experience. Trust me I know filling out applications is not hard but I want to be able to get a work visa as soon as possible before my current one expires and I'm running out of time..

red_apple

Mar 20, 2014
sooperdice said:
I had a bad experience with lawyers when i applied for my LMO. Basically i ended up having to do most of the work because of their incompetence and greed.

For CEC, I applied myself. I advise you to do the same and save yourself at least 5 grand. It's just a matter of being diligent and getting all your paperwork in order.
Lol same story here. I had assistance of fancy lawyers from downtown Toronto for LMO. I found spelling mistakes in documents prepared by them and English isn't my first language. Lots of money spent and a lot of my personal effort.

For CEC I just paid $65 to a reputable lawyer from my community to check over my application package and that was it.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I used a lawyer and highly recommend it. It really depends on how you frel5, if you have the cash and how important the application is to you. People have different opinions on the subject but at the end of the day it's personal choice.