+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration Fraud

madam89

Sep 28, 2013
I know this guy who has committed immigration fraud. He is an international worker , foreign worker. I believe he has been reported to the concerned authorities , I think CRA and Service Canada. Does anyone know if his family will also be affected if there is an investigation? I know this is a very all over the map kind of question, but I happen to be a close acquaintance of his family. He has a wife who is a PR and one son who is 19 years old. In such situations, is the culprit only punished or the family members who knew about this can also be punished?Can someone please help out.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Just to clarify - is he a foreign worker here on a work permit? Or is he a PR along with his wife?

madam89

Sep 28, 2013
Yes that is correct. But he has never worked for that company and is getting paid. He has been reported , will this affect his family or his wife?

Shz

Oct 9, 2013
Immigration Fraud

Hi ..

My name is shehzad yousaf , and i m from Lahore Pakistan , i m confused in taking 1 decision , any body please help me for this ?

i m doing a job in a textile firm as an production Manager Since 10 years ,i wants to apply for Canada Work visa , i met with an agent who ask for 20 K Pakistani rs , on done base means he will take money on arrival but he wants me to have joint account of 5K , and PDC for remaining amount,Please help me how can i make sure that he will do my process and do u think this deal is ok ? should i apply for visa on these conditions or i have to pay him for visa.

Regards

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Shz said:
Hi ..

My name is shehzad yousaf , and i m from Lahore Pakistan , i m confused in taking 1 decision , any body please help me for this ?

i m doing a job in a textile firm as an production Manager Since 10 years ,i wants to apply for Canada Work visa , i met with an agent who ask for 20 K Pakistani rs , on done base means he will take money on arrival but he wants me to have joint account of 5K , and PDC for remaining amount,Please help me how can i make sure that he will do my process and do u think this deal is ok ? should i apply for visa on these conditions or i have to pay him for visa.

Regards
Dear Shahzad,

Just don't fall for this. This is a trap and you will end up wasting money and time and nothing else.

In order to obtain a work permit, you need a job offer from a Canadian employer who then needs to apply to govt of Canada on your behalf to get an LMO. Once you have an LMO, you would apply for a work visa at the embassy in Islamabad.

At no point does an agent of any sort can be useful. If you do have a job offer and a Canadian employer can get LMO for you, you can apply yourself.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Some agencies are reputable and they are paid by the employer to recruit for them. In Canada, it is illegal to charge the employee for a job offer. It is reasonable for the agency to charge something for use of their services to fill applications, but those fees must be proportionate to the amount of assistance given. There has to be a relationship between the employer and the employee (interview, contract, etc). Keep your eyes open. If it seems to good to be true - it isn't. Good luck.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Pippin said:
Some agencies are reputable and they are paid by the employer to recruit for them. In Canada, it is illegal to charge the employee for a job offer. It is reasonable for the agency to charge something for use of their services to fill applications, but those fees must be proportionate to the amount of assistance given. There has to be a relationship between the employer and the employee (interview, contract, etc). Keep your eyes open. If it seems to good to be true - it isn't. Good luck.
Agreed in general. The situation is a little more odd in Pakistan being an under developed country.

Usually the agencies here are fraud. Usually it is really tough to figure out a genuine one.

Even if they are real ones, usually they charge people hell lot of amounts and get them low skilled visas like live-in caregivers, work at restaurants and stuff.

Until a little while back, i heard they offer lesser wages using the 15% margin offered by LMO i.e. they were allowed to pay up to 15% less than what they pay to a Canadian worker.

This rule is now abolished along with other work permit rules have been tightened so i seriously doubt any agency at this point in particular in Pakistan would be real and could get some one a decent job.

Generally speaking i have heard from direct applicants seeking advice in this regard that 'they were never given LMO and agency applied on their behalf and even used agent's email / postal address for communication'. This seemed quite weird to me since they never knew the real employer or were never handed of an LMO or something.

Have even heard from people that AGENTS can some how magically APPLY on their behalf from INSIDE Canada and hence get their applications processed faster i.e. less than a month and ideally 15-20 days. That sounded even more ridiculous to me. Upon questioning agents said 'we are official representatives so allowed by govt of Canada / CIC to do so'.

Moral of the story, there STILL CAN be genuine ones, but there is too much garbage to get through.

Besides, if one has a credible skill that is really needed by an employer. One can get through on his own. It is tough but not impossible. If an employer offers you a job and get an LMO for you, you can apply by yourself, no agent needed.