+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

immigration check at montreal or toronto on connection....

Aashish Batta

Dec 16, 2012
hi all

i would be landing in toronto via montreal from zurich delhi on swiss air as per the travel itinery which is

delhi zurich
zurich montreal
montreal toronto

the glich is the connection between montreal and toronto is only 1 hr 45min, and d major concern is if i have to go through the immigration check in montreal or toronto is possible, as i would easily waste lot of time or may be i have to collect my luggage and check in again which might not result in flight..

any experience in this regard???

harpreet470

Jul 3, 2012
App. Filed.......
08-04-2020
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2014
LANDED..........
14-12-2014
Hi Ashish,

I came with the same flight for September intake.... first you will meet an officer in Montreal airport who will check the form you filled in plane and then direct you to go further. From there the next thing you would do is collecting your luggage. Then while coming out, another officer will check your form and he'll tell you to go toward immigration check.

Here you'll hand your passport, college offer letter and letter u got with your visa to the officer and will wait for your name to be announced. Once they call you, you would go and talk to them, they might ask you some basic questions. After that, you'll be asked to wait again till your study permit is prepared.

It would take around 15-20 minutes in total.

Once u get your study permit....then u'll really have to rush as u have to take the next flight to Toronto. Ask someone there where to go next. Then, you'll have to check in your luggage again, they will check your final boarding pass and will let you know the gate number where you have to take the next flight from.

Mine was from terminal / gate A.... ask any security officer where this gate is, so that you don't waste time finding it. I really had to rush to be able to make it on time.

The plus point is, that Montreal-Toronto is Air Canada domestic flight, and after landing at Toronto airport you'll collect your luggage again and directly come out.

All the best to you dude.

P.S- When is your flight? My cousin is also coming by Swiss airlines on 28th Dec.

Aashish Batta

Dec 16, 2012
thnx buddy, it really helps

second quick question. cant the luggage be checked in tilll toronto from delhi? to save time at montreal????

and my flight is on 9th jan 13

BR
Aashish

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Aashish Batta said:
thnx buddy, it really helps

second quick question. cant the luggage be checked in tilll toronto from delhi? to save time at montreal????

and my flight is on 9th jan 13

BR
Aashish
No, all international luggage is inspected on first arrival points. Don't worry there are flights every hour from Montreal to Toronto.

harpreet470

Jul 3, 2012
App. Filed.......
08-04-2020
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2014
LANDED..........
14-12-2014
No buddy..because there is change of airlines..from that point
it will be air canada...this is the reason..

Aashish Batta

Dec 16, 2012
tx but do the flights get delayed during winters, or is it a possibity if at all i miss my flight, they would put me on another as m booked on one ticket????

harpreet470

Jul 3, 2012
App. Filed.......
08-04-2020
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2014
LANDED..........
14-12-2014
dont worry bro... I was just like you
had to rush a bit... but made there well on time

I was inside the plane 15 minutes before departure time... :)

jsef

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
harpreet470 said:
Hi Ashish,

I came with the same flight for September intake.... first you will meet an officer in Montreal airport who will check the form you filled in plane and then direct you to go further. From there the next thing you would do is collecting your luggage. Then while coming out, another officer will check your form and he'll tell you to go toward immigration check.

Here you'll hand your passport, college offer letter and letter u got with your visa to the officer and will wait for your name to be announced. Once they call you, you would go and talk to them, they might ask you some basic questions. After that, you'll be asked to wait again till your study permit is prepared.

It would take around 15-20 minutes in total.

I'd be careful if I were you. When I first landed in Montreal, the wait at immigration check was somewhere between 2-3 hours. So have a plan B in case it's longer than 15-20 minutes. Cheers

harpreet470

Jul 3, 2012
App. Filed.......
08-04-2020
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2014
LANDED..........
14-12-2014
Yess... u are right
Better be quick at Montreal airport :)

And, I study in Seneca College, Toronto...