+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5604E - Declaration from Non-Accompanying Parent/Guardian for Minors Immigrating to Canada

skaushik88

Sep 8, 2017
Hi,
My wife & I are both Canada PRs'. Now, I am applying sponsorship for my daughter who was born in India last year in 2019. I am in Canada currently but my daughter & wife are in India. Now, as my wife is not a co-signer in my daughter's sponsorship application, I want to know if I need to get this form (Declaration from Non-accompanying Parent/Guardian) filled from my wife or not??

My wife will be accompanying my daughter to Canada once my daughter's PR gets approved and most probably, I will also go to India and will be accompanying them when they come here from India.

Please confirm if anyone has faced similar problem and can help here?

Thanks

shahriyar07

Mar 8, 2020
Hi everybody. I divorced my wife 4 years ago who has sole custody on our child. My son is 4 years old now. Now I was asked to fill IMM5604E - Declaration from Non-Accompanying Parent/Guardian for Minors Immigrating to Canada form now. The child will not accompany me when I immigrate to canada and he appears as a non-accompanying dependant in my EE profile. Should I fill this form again ? The reason I am asking because inside the file it says that non-accompanying parent does not have any objection for her child to immigrate to Canada. Even I am not sure my ex-wife will sign this form or come to discuss these issues with me. What is you suggestion in this situation ?

sallam_ah

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Hi everybody. I divorced my wife 4 years ago who has sole custody on our child. My son is 4 years old now. Now I was asked to fill IMM5604E - Declaration from Non-Accompanying Parent/Guardian for Minors Immigrating to Canada form now. The child will not accompany me when I immigrate to canada and he appears as a non-accompanying dependant in my EE profile. Should I fill this form again ? The reason I am asking because inside the file it says that non-accompanying parent does not have any objection for her child to immigrate to Canada. Even I am not sure my ex-wife will sign this form or come to discuss these issues with me. What is you suggestion in this situation ?

* From my expereince, if the minor is a non-accompanying dependeant, the IMM5604E declaration is not required based on the following information:
---
if the other parent of your children is not accompanying you to Canada, you must submit a signed Statutory Declaration from Non-Accompaning Parent/Guardian "for Minors Immigrating to Canada" (IMM 5604 - Origional).

Section 14 in this file https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5690e.pdf
---------------------

* However, you have to include a medical examination for that minor even if he will not join you based on the following information:
---
Foreign nationals sometimes have family members who will not go to Canada. With very few exceptions, these family members must also undergo medical examinations.

- https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/medical-requirements/exam/who-must-submit-immigration-medical-examination.html

- https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=988&top=4

The best thing to do is to call IRCC to make sure of the two points above, and good luck!

Eweezy

May 30, 2022
* From my expereince, if the minor is a non-accompanying dependeant, the IMM5604E declaration is not required based on the following information:
---
if the other parent of your children is not accompanying you to Canada, you must submit a signed Statutory Declaration from Non-Accompaning Parent/Guardian "for Minors Immigrating to Canada" (IMM 5604 - Origional).

Section 14 in this file https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5690e.pdf
---------------------

* However, you have to include a medical examination for that minor even if he will not join you based on the following information:
---
Foreign nationals sometimes have family members who will not go to Canada. With very few exceptions, these family members must also undergo medical examinations.

- https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/medical-requirements/exam/who-must-submit-immigration-medical-examination.html

The best thing to do is to call IRCC to make sure of the two points above, and good luck!
Goodmorning. I'm in similar issue. I a

Eweezy

May 30, 2022
Goodmorning. I'm in similar issue. I a
Goodday. Please My friend needs help. She is the PA but her husband has a child before they got married( note the husband and the babymama never got married ). So they declared the child(10years) as Non accompany in their application. Every other family members has done their medical,only the boy remaining. The mother refuse to release him for medical. Please what can they do or relevant documents to proof that they have tried but the mother isn't cooperating.They have all the proof of appointments & messages to the mother. They have rescheduled for the third time now.

Please what documents do they need to gather & send to IRCC

Eweezy

May 30, 2022
---

---------------------

---

Goodday. Please My friend needs help. She is the PA but her husband has a child before they got married( note the husband and the babymama never got married ). So they declared the child(10years) as Non accompany in their application. Every other family members has done their medical,only the boy remaining. The mother refuse to release him for medical. Please what can they do or relevant documents to proof that they have tried but the mother isn't cooperating.They have all the proof of appointments & messages to the mother. They have rescheduled for the third time now.

Please what documents should they gather & send to IRCC

sallam_ah

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019

Please what documents should they gather & send to IRCC
I'm sorry, I have no experience for this situation!

OakBar

Nov 9, 2011
1. Unless you have full legal custody, you need a new declaration from her.

2. No set expiration but you want it to be as close to app submission as possible.

3. Seek full legal custody from the courts.
Hi Canuck,

I am in a similar situation. I am Inland CEC and our PR application is approved (did not get portal Email though). Now I want to add my non accompanying son from my ex wife... What kind of documents I need to get signed from my ex wife considering she might not be available for signing later as she is moving to another country? I want to be be prepared for any documents till my son gets PR.

Best Regards

sallam_ah

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Hi Canuck,

I am in a similar situation. I am Inland CEC and our PR application is approved (did not get portal Email though). Now I want to add my non accompanying son from my ex wife... What kind of documents I need to get signed from my ex wife considering she might not be available for signing later as she is moving to another country? I want to be be prepared for any documents till my son gets PR.

Best Regards
Hi there,
You need to get IMM5604E signed at a visa office attached with a signed copy of the other parent ID.

I'm coming from the future, so after 4 years if your kid will be less than 16 years old, you might need a different document to apply for a passport for that kid after he got his citizenship. So at the visa office let the other parent ask for the required form or statement to sign and allow you to apply for a passport for the kid in the future. Without that document you might face some troubles at the passport office and they will require the other parent signature again, otherwise they will ask you to sign a statement that you and your kid has no connection with him/her since you landed in Canada.

Good luck!

OakBar

Nov 9, 2011
Hi there,
You need to get IMM5604E signed at a visa office attached with a signed copy of the other parent ID.

I'm coming from the future, so after 4 years if your kid will be less than 16 years old, you might need a different document to apply for a passport for that kid after he got his citizenship. So at the visa office let the other parent ask for the required form or statement to sign and allow you to apply for a passport for the kid in the future. Without that document you might face some troubles at the passport office and they will require the other parent signature again, otherwise they will ask you to sign a statement that you and your kid has no connection with him/her since you landed in Canada.

Good luck!
Thanks for your response, a slight clarification when you say that IMM5604E needs to be signed at a visa office ...which visa office are you referring to since my visa office is Etobicoke and my ex wife lives in Lahore, Pakistan... I heard from some where that the form only needs to be signed in presence of notary public ? Is that not applicable? Please guide

sallam_ah

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Thanks for your response, a slight clarification when you say that IMM5604E needs to be signed at a visa office ...which visa office are you referring to since my visa office is Etobicoke and my ex wife lives in Lahore, Pakistan... I heard from some where that the form only needs to be signed in presence of notary public ? Is that not applicable? Please guide

She can sign IMM5604E at the Canadian embassy or VFSGlobal in Pakistan
https://visa.vfsglobal.com/pak/en/can/

I assume VFSGLOBAL is a better option as embassies usually don't interact directly with people, and I tried VFSGLOBAL before but not in Pakistan.

If this option doesn't work for her, yes she can sign and notarize a statement including her agreement for the kid to immigrate with you and to give you a solely right to complete any application including his passport in Canada. If the statement not in English, you need to translate it later in Canada.

P.s.: don't forget to get a signed copy of her ID attached with the form or tge statement (it could work without her ID if the officer was nice)

Good luck!

Last edited:

sallam_ah

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
She can sign IMM5604E at the Canadian embassy or VFSGlobal in Pakistan
https://visa.vfsglobal.com/pak/en/can/

I assume VFSGLOBAL is a better option as embassies usually don't interact directly with people, and I tried VFSGLOBAL before but not in Pakistan.

If this option doesn't work for her, yes she can sign and notarize a statement including her agreement for the kid to immigrate with you and to give you a solely right to complete any application including his passport in Canada. If the statement not in English, you need to translate it later in Canada.

P.s.: don't forget to get a signed copy of her ID attached with the form or tge statement (it could work without her ID if the officer was nice)

Good luck!