+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

imm5562E

Payal Patel

Star Member
May 26, 2017
I am currently applying for a spousal sponsorship for my husband. I see that it has country specification. While I was filling it out, I see that it is asking for spouse travel information... so do I put the information that i went to see him in India out of canada? or should it be did not travel. ?

please explain.

Thank you

ZhabaHulk

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Airdrie, Canada
Category........
Other
I am currently applying for a spousal sponsorship for my husband. I see that it has country specification. While I was filling it out, I see that it is asking for spouse travel information... so do I put the information that i went to see him in India out of canada? or should it be did not travel. ?

please explain.

Thank you
Every recreational/business activities, you have engaged with at some point of your life, that included border crossing is considered as Travel. This information would be matched with CBSA database to identify if there were any illegal entries.
So my answer is yes, you have to enter your husband visit to India.

Payal Patel

Star Member
May 26, 2017
Hello,

My spouse lives in India. He is the prinicipal applicant. I have entered his data already.
I am canadian citizen. I have visited india to see him from canada, so my question was - do I enter that data under spouse category. as this form needs to be filled by prinicpal applicant.

Also, If yes, than I did cross border from CAnada to usa -- although they never stamped my passport as it was for few hours or just weekend. so I don't have exact dates or history of that. --> Do I also need to enter that data?? As I have travelled to states several times during the last ten years, but never got stamp on passport as it was by road.

Payal Patel

Star Member
May 26, 2017
Hello,

My spouse lives in India. He is the prinicipal applicant. I have entered his data already.
I am canadian citizen. I have visited india to see him from canada, so my question was - do I enter that data under spouse category. as this form needs to be filled by prinicpal applicant.

Also, If yes, than I did cross border from CAnada to usa -- although they never stamped my passport as it was for few hours or just weekend. so I don't have exact dates or history of that. --> Do I also need to enter that data?? As I have travelled to states several times during the last ten years, but never got stamp on passport as it was by road.

offline136

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
AB
No.. Canadian Citizen cum Spouse doesn't need to indicate their travel history since they can track it down very easily through border services. You can just check mark on did not travel. I did the same.

Janchor

Apr 25, 2017
Hello,

Only the PA needs to fill in this form. The Sponsor does not need to fill this form!