+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5476 Representative Form for minor

trvdxb

Dec 9, 2019
Hi, I need to know for minor applicant that who should sign imm5476 representative form at applicant section? Only father or both parents should sign?

I received an email from ircc and they requested to resubmit this form with following instructions:

"Ensure that the appropriate sections of the form have been originally signed and dated in the proper format by all relevant parties"

I just submitted the scanned copy of this form with representative signature only and wrote applicant name since he is minor so please advise if anybody faced the similar experience. Thanks

Last edited:

Sohaib04

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
Print it,
Fill Section A
Give your details in section B, the person who wrote his/her name while filing form on behalf of minor.
Write your address phone number and email ID in point 7

sign it using pen with date in point 8

ignore section C

Section D
Write minor name is signature and write date

leave blank signature of spouse or common law…..

scan it and upload

trvdxb

Dec 9, 2019
Print it,
Fill Section A
Give your details in section B, the person who wrote his/her name while filing form on behalf of minor.
Write your address phone number and email ID in point 7

sign it using pen with date in point 8

ignore section C

Section D
Write minor name is signature and write date

leave blank signature of spouse or common law…..

scan it and upload
I just rechecked the submitted form and yes i did signed on the representative section and on the applicant signature part i just wrote my son name who is 5 years old and now again i thoroughly check the email which i received today and found that they specifically mentioned section 10 which is applicant signature part:

"Under section 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, representatives and clients are required to provide all the information requested on the form unless the question states if known or if applicable.
Therefore, please make sure to:

• Ensure that the appropriate sections of the form have been originally signed and dated in the proper format by all relevant parties."

it means they need original signature on the applicant part so now the same question should i sign only or both parents should sign (father & mother)??? and second question should i write today's date or the same previous date when application was submitted in September 2022? they mentioned on email to submit new form

anyone has personal experience plz advise?

Last edited:

Sohaib04

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
I just rechecked the submitted form and yes i did signed on the representative section and on the applicant signature part i just wrote my son name who is 5 years old and now again i thoroughly check the email which i received today and found that they specifically mentioned section 10 which is applicant signature part:

"Under section 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, representatives and clients are required to provide all the information requested on the form unless the question states if known or if applicable.
Therefore, please make sure to:

• Ensure that the appropriate sections of the form have been originally signed and dated in the proper format by all relevant parties."

it means they need original signature on the applicant part so now the same question should i sign only or both parents should sign (father & mother)??? and second question should i write today's date or the same previous date when application was submitted in September 2022? they mentioned on email to submit new form

anyone has personal experience plz advise?
Strange … I did the same … signed in representative section and wrote my sons and daughters name in Point 10. Submitted on Nov 17, 2022. Got passport requests yesterday.

for date u can write the current date no issue … for signature I believe if u want the person who declared as representative while submitting form should sign and write on behalf of minor applicant.

trvdxb

Dec 9, 2019
Strange … I did the same … signed in representative section and wrote my sons and daughters name in Point 10. Submitted on Nov 17, 2022. Got passport requests yesterday.

for date u can write the current date no issue … for signature I believe if u want the person who declared as representative while submitting form should sign and write on behalf of minor applicant.
yes seems unrealistic since they didn't object on the main application form where i just wrote my son name and uploaded as soft copy on gckey, whereas this form was uploaded as scanned copy with original representative signature....anyways now i have submitted the new form with my signature so lets see what they say....more than 86 days have been passed and still they are working on to make typo corrections lol...

Sohaib04

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
yes seems unrealistic since they didn't object on the main application form where i just wrote my son name and uploaded as soft copy on gckey, whereas this form was uploaded as scanned copy with original representative signature....anyways now i have submitted the new form with my signature so lets see what they say....more than 86 days have been passed and still they are working on to make typo corrections lol...
Good luck