+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5404E - Is this form for Western Europe?

gentar

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga and London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/06/2012
Hi I am in UK and British applying by my Canadian wife who is sponsoring me (outland). I have two non-accompanying children who I have included in the application and carried out all the necessary procedures such as medicals. I have written an additional sheet stating that I have no intention of bringing them over to canada on a permanent basis as they happily live with their mother in UK.

However whilst going through the document checklsit for the immigrant it says this (number 8):

CHILDREN’S INFORMATION

If your children are adopted, you must include adoption papers and, if the adoption was done according to customary law and not through the courts, evidence of the adoption ceremony such as photographs . If you are divorced or separated, you must include proof that you have custody of the children, that you have fulfilled all obligations in custody agreements, and that the children are free to move to Canada.
If your children are aged 22 or over and you intend to have them accompany you, you must submit for these children proof of full financial support by a parent since before age 22 and proof of
• continuous full-time studies (such as letters from their educational institution indicating the
number of hours of classes attended per day and the number of days attended per week, school
certificates, diplomas, degrees, transcripts, marks cards), or
• medical history if they are unable to provide for themselves due to a medical condition

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/iran/assets/pdfs/visas/30_1_eng.pdf

the problem foe me is I'm wondering what the practical relvance of this section is. I dont see anything here that I should be doing for this children as they are both under 22. Should I leave this section of the checklst blank or should I mark it with an "X" as completed.

Update:

I have seen the addition of IMM5604. This IMM 5604 (Declaration from Non-Accompanying Parent...) I saw this on he South American Document check-list (I think) but I haven't seen this form for the Western Europe Document Check-list.

So my question is DO people applying from Western Europe Have to Complete This Application IMM5604 as well. I would appreciate it if someone has any knowledge of this specific issue. As I said my children are NOT coming with me I only included them because of what the official procedures told me to do.

Sorry for the long winded message just trying trying to be through, advance thanks :)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

gentar said:
Hi I am in UK and British applying by my Canadian wife who is sponsoring me (outland). I have two non-accompanying children who I have included in the application and carried out all the necessary procedures such as medicals. I have written an additional sheet stating that I have no intention of bringing them over to canada on a permanent basis as they happily live with their mother in UK.

However whilst going through the document checklsit for the immigrant it says this (number 8):

CHILDREN'S INFORMATION

If your children are adopted, you must include adoption papers and, if the adoption was done according to customary law and not through the courts, evidence of the adoption ceremony such as photographs . If you are divorced or separated, you must include proof that you have custody of the children, that you have fulfilled all obligations in custody agreements, and that the children are free to move to Canada.
If your children are aged 22 or over and you intend to have them accompany you, you must submit for these children proof of full financial support by a parent since before age 22 and proof of
• continuous full-time studies (such as letters from their educational institution indicating the
number of hours of classes attended per day and the number of days attended per week, school
certificates, diplomas, degrees, transcripts, marks cards), or
• medical history if they are unable to provide for themselves due to a medical condition

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/iran/assets/pdfs/visas/30_1_eng.pdf

the problem foe me is I'm wondering what the practical relvance of this section is. I dont see anything here that I should be doing for this children as they are both under 22. Should I leave this section of the checklst blank or should I mark it with an "X" as completed.

Update:

I have seen the addition of IMM5604. This IMM 5604 (Declaration from Non-Accompanying Parent...) I saw this on he South American Document check-list (I think) but I haven't seen this form for the Western Europe Document Check-list.

So my question is DO people applying from Western Europe Have to Complete This Application IMM5604 as well. I would appreciate it if someone has any knowledge of this specific issue. As I said my children are NOT coming with me I only included them because of what the official procedures told me to do.

Sorry for the long winded message just trying trying to be through, advance thanks :)
1. Your first part of the post doesn't apply as the children are probably not over 22 and I doubt that there "customary adoption ceremonies in the UK"
2. Read the 5604, it is where children ARE emigrating so the other parent must complete the form. If your children have had the medical, then you don't require anything else.
3. As the children have had the medical, then in the future you still would be able to sponsor them up to the age of 22. You never, know, they may want to come to Canada when they are over 18.