+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5257e - Education Section- clarification required

sangpll2009

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
Are we supposed to fill in details of all qualifications done? My husband is applying for visitor visa and he has done exams like nebosh, iosh etc, for which he did self preparation and then attended the exams. Are these to be mentioned in the education section? or only diploma/degree/masters/PhD are to be mentioned?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Are we supposed to fill in details of all qualifications done? My husband is applying for visitor visa and he has done exams like nebosh, iosh etc, for which he did self preparation and then attended the exams. Are these to be mentioned in the education section? or only diploma/degree/masters/PhD are to be mentioned?
Any post-secondary qualifications, including apprenticeships or trades, or non-university certificates/diplomas

sangpll2009

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
Any post-secondary qualifications, including apprenticeships or trades, or non-university certificates/diplomas
Hi just noticed that they have asked for just the highest post secondary qualification. Another related query, does it have to be the highest post secondary qualification completed? as in, he is doing a degree now (not completed), is that to be mentioned or is it the highest qualification he has completed that is to be mentioned?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi just noticed that they have asked for just the highest post secondary qualification. Another related query, does it have to be the highest post secondary qualification completed? as in, he is doing a degree now (not completed), is that to be mentioned or is it the highest qualification he has completed that is to be mentioned?
Completed post-secondary qualifications.... not courses currently in progress. Do re-read my post above

sangpll2009

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
Completed post-secondary qualifications.... not courses currently in progress. Do re-read my post above
Hi, thanks for the response. Just to be sure, this is on form 5257E, where they have asked about the highest qualification. Is there any other form where all qualifications are to be mentioned?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi, thanks for the response. Just to be sure, this is on form 5257E, where they have asked about the highest qualification. Is there any other form where all qualifications are to be mentioned?
Is your husband applying for a work permit or EE PR? I guess not.

He should list any qualifications in a chronological sequence in the relevant section of IMM 5257E

sangpll2009

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
He is applying for a visitor visa. In IMM5257E, space is given just for one qualification to be entered. Should i be attaching an additional sheet mentioning all his qualifications?