+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5533 + IMM 1344 updated

locvanto

Mar 16, 2018
Hi, I have the old IMM5533 and IMM1344 forms filled out( from 10-2017) do I need to fill out the new forms? the problem is my wife signature is on the old form which was signed on Feb 20-2018 it would be difficult to get her signature again because she live across the world. Would my application be rejected if I send these?

Aelin

Mar 8, 2018
Unfortunately, it looks like the deadline has passed to submit the old forms and thus your application might be returned :(

"If you have been filling out an application using the previous version of the checklists (identified in the bottom left hand corner by version code 10-2017), we will still accept your application using that previous version until March 15, 2018. However, we encourage you to use the new checklist, guides and processes right away."

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/application-kit-spousal-sponsorship.html
However, I've read of cases on this forum where they accepted old forms, however it's not guaranteed. Perhaps a more senior member could chime in.

Last edited:

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.
27-AUG-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
27-AUG-2012
Med's Request
29-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
05-NOV-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
Hi, I have the old IMM5533 and IMM1344 forms filled out( from 10-2017) do I need to fill out the new forms? the problem is my wife signature is on the old form which was signed on Feb 20-2018 it would be difficult to get her signature again because she live across the world. Would my application be rejected if I send these?
In my belief, it's best to spend some time now and re-fill the new forms and submit, rather than trying out the luck.

save_me_plz

Jun 5, 2014
HI, I was just wondering you guys can help me understand how to fill the Checklist 1533 form. I am Canadian PR and I want to sponsor my wife from INdia and dont know what to answer for the below question..
"The person I am sponsoring was declared as my spouse or partener and was already examined as a non - accompany when I applied for permanent resident visa, and did not get immigrant visa.( Note if you have never applied for a permanent resident, answer no)

I dont know what to answer to this question.

Moreover do i need to check all the boxes on the check list?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
HI, I was just wondering you guys can help me understand how to fill the Checklist 1533 form. I am Canadian PR and I want to sponsor my wife from INdia and dont know what to answer for the below question..
"The person I am sponsoring was declared as my spouse or partener and was already examined as a non - accompany when I applied for permanent resident visa, and did not get immigrant visa.( Note if you have never applied for a permanent resident, answer no)

I dont know what to answer to this question.

Moreover do i need to check all the boxes on the check list?
It is exactly as written. If she was included as non-accompanying in your PR app, answer is Yes.

save_me_plz

Jun 5, 2014
It is exactly as written. If she was included as non-accompanying in your PR app, answer is Yes.
I was single when I got PR. So I became PR feb 2018 and then got married June 2018. Do you think it will be no then?

And DO i need to X when it is not applicable? Thank you for your reposne though