+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5532 signature required.

Jan 2, 2024
I read that signatures are required in form IMM 5532 but i am unable to type or sign in signature box. I have tried everything i can think, clicking on e sign, etc.. I read something about printing but cannot figure out how to sign. any suggestions?

Reactions: Abdi sham

Kananaskis

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
There are two ways you can do this.

The printing method - Save the file on your computer, open it, select print, and under printer options you choose Windows PDF, and click print. This will prompt a save location window for your file. That will save your PDF file as another PDF (kinda silly), but this time it is fillable, which means you can type in the boxes your name and date. Just make sure you open the new saved PDF file instead of opening the old one again.

The other way is simply printing the file yourself, signing in by hand, and scanning back into a pdf. You can even use your phone for that part as there are apps that work like a scanner.

Depending on the form, (for ex Representative Form) I suggest printing and signing. IRCC gets fussy about actual, signatures in a couple forms.