Waived
Passport Req..
22-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2010
LANDED..........
13-01-2011
Hello,

I am being sponsored by my Canadian husband, and we are applying for PRV outside Canada. After we got married 2 yeas ago, I left my country to live with my husband by holding a tourist visa for a month then we left for Canada for 5 months by holding Canadian tourist visa prior to relocate to Australia where we have been currently living (we both hold busienss visas).

We have made many trips together when we first met until now, we have been still travelling a lot both domesitcally and internationally. Wherever we travel, we want to stay in the quiet areas and be privacy for two of us. We also have tons of photos which mostly show two of us on each trips only. We hardly have photos taken with friends and our both parents/relatives that much, only on the wedding day and the first meetings of seeing our both parents/realatives for us (very few photos taken with them). I would like to know your reply/suggestions on IMM 5490 as following;

1) Q9- Describe how your relationship developed after the first contact/meeting, do I have to tell every single trip or just pick the dominant activities of each day during our big trip together? It’s a lot though as we flew and made the big trips many times yearly.

2) Q9- Describe relationship developed after first meeting, do I have to explain after first meeting until we got married or until now? My understanding is I should explain it before we got married, so that the rest of story will be continued in Q 14. Please confirm my understanding.

3) Q12-Q13, there is no one purposing each other. We discussed it on the phone how we could be together, so we considered to get married later. I will explain/write this down on additional sheet of paper, do you think IO might think our relationship is not genuine as most couples purpose while we discussed on the phone instead? Do you think it is suspicious?

4) Q17- Was your marriage arranged? I ticked “No” as I arranged it alone before my husband flew to see me and got married 2 weeks after he arrived in my country according to the auspicious times and his work schedules. Do you think I should write any additional sheet of paper to explain this, so that IO would not misunderstand our relationship/situation?

5) Q19- Was there a honeymoon, as said earlier, we like to go somewhere private, wherever has only two of us as we love quiet ,relaxing and privacy such as beach trip. At that time, we did not have many photos taken, only few photos in the hotel. Do you think this is ok?

6)Q24-Q25- Maintaining Contact, as said earlier, regarding to my period of stays and tourist visas held in India and Canada. If you suggest me to count those period of times listed as “visiting” (crossed check with IMM0008_1E) even we have lived together after marriage, do I have to put all the trips during our stay in India and Canada in these questions? The problem is I held tourist visas which make things complicated, kindly please advise.

7) Q 27- Have you and your sponsor lived together?, as said earlier, if India and Canada stays are listed as “visiting” then, does it mean I have to put DOB of Australia stay where I have business visa as same as my husband? I think it is kind of contrast information given in questions as we actually have lived together after marriage but problems are my tourist visas during those stays.

I really highly appreciate your advice and reply.

Regards,

annieann13

Star Member
Jan 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2010
AOR Received.
09-07-2010
File Transfer...
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
02-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2010
LANDED..........
13-01-2011
Is there anyone who can reply me? I am still stuck on these questions :( PMM or any experienced, kindly please help.

I appreciate very much for your help

Thank you

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
I'll give it a shot :)

1.) I covered this one in a letter explaining how our relationship developed from the first meeting until the time we filed my application. You don't have to include every single detail, just mentioning the trip is enough. If you did anything special on the trip (meeting the family for example), you can mention that, but you don't have to list every tourist attraction you saw and every hike you went on.

2.) As long as you cover the entirety of your relationship, it's not super important what time period you include with which answer. This question seems to ask for everything after the first meeting/contact, so that would be until now by my reckoning. But again, if you intend to include the same thing in a question that comes later on, then you don't need to write the same thing twice. You can also add 'Please see Q14 for further relationship development'. Again, as long as you explain everything, it doesn't matter which question it's explained under. What matters is that you give the full story, so the IO can see the entire picture.

3.) No, I don't think it's suspicious. A lot of couples get 'engaged' like that, it's the standard in the country where I'm from. Just explain your views on it and I'm sure you'll be fine.

4.) An arranged marriage is a marriage that was arranged by someone else. Ie a man in Canada needs a wife so his parents in his home country find a girl from a nice family and meet with her parents to discuss their children marrying. That is an arranged marriage - the couple are arranged to be married before they even met or before they started a relationship. If you actually arranged the marriage yourself (contacted your husband or his family and suggested marriage before you two got together), then it's an arranged marriage. Hard to say without knowing the details.

5.) It's fine. I had ZERO pictures from our honeymoon (well, it wasn't really a honeymoon, just a couple days at a spa) and it was no problem.

6.) I would include here all the times when he stayed with you in your home country and when you stayed with him in Canada. The other trips aren't really visiting each other, but trips you took together.

7.) Some people consider just staying under the same roof together living together. Personally, I think you are 'living' somewhere as long as you would call that place your home (ie you get mail there). So, if you both called the same place home at the same time, you were living together.

I wouldn't worry about the photos, you don't have to include many. Not everything has to be documented with photos. I included some (no more than 20) photos from our visits to each other and some 20 photos from the wedding. It was enough.

annieann13

Star Member
Jan 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2010
AOR Received.
09-07-2010
File Transfer...
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
02-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2010
LANDED..........
13-01-2011
mitamata said:
I'll give it a shot :)

1.) I covered this one in a letter explaining how our relationship developed from the first meeting until the time we filed my application. You don't have to include every single detail, just mentioning the trip is enough. If you did anything special on the trip (meeting the family for example), you can mention that, but you don't have to list every tourist attraction you saw and every hike you went on.

2.) As long as you cover the entirety of your relationship, it's not super important what time period you include with which answer. This question seems to ask for everything after the first meeting/contact, so that would be until now by my reckoning. But again, if you intend to include the same thing in a question that comes later on, then you don't need to write the same thing twice. You can also add 'Please see Q14 for further relationship development'. Again, as long as you explain everything, it doesn't matter which question it's explained under. What matters is that you give the full story, so the IO can see the entire picture.

3.) No, I don't think it's suspicious. A lot of couples get 'engaged' like that, it's the standard in the country where I'm from. Just explain your views on it and I'm sure you'll be fine.

4.) An arranged marriage is a marriage that was arranged by someone else. Ie a man in Canada needs a wife so his parents in his home country find a girl from a nice family and meet with her parents to discuss their children marrying. That is an arranged marriage - the couple are arranged to be married before they even met or before they started a relationship. If you actually arranged the marriage yourself (contacted your husband or his family and suggested marriage before you two got together), then it's an arranged marriage. Hard to say without knowing the details.

5.) It's fine. I had ZERO pictures from our honeymoon (well, it wasn't really a honeymoon, just a couple days at a spa) and it was no problem.

6.) I would include here all the times when he stayed with you in your home country and when you stayed with him in Canada. The other trips aren't really visiting each other, but trips you took together.

7.) Some people consider just staying under the same roof together living together. Personally, I think you are 'living' somewhere as long as you would call that place your home (ie you get mail there). So, if you both called the same place home at the same time, you were living together.

I wouldn't worry about the photos, you don't have to include many. Not everything has to be documented with photos. I included some (no more than 20) photos from our visits to each other and some 20 photos from the wedding. It was enough.
Thank you so much, mitamata :)

annieann13

Star Member
Jan 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2010
AOR Received.
09-07-2010
File Transfer...
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
02-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2010
LANDED..........
13-01-2011
Hello,

I would like to ask some questions regarding to IMM5490, applying for PRV outside Canada. I have to say sorry if my questions sound boring to you, but I am not sure what the questions ask/mean.

I have been married for years and currently living with my husband since then. Before we got married, we lived in our own countries, but we visited each other from time to time. I would like to know as the following;

1). Q 27- Have you and your sponsor lived together? (Living arrangement and financial support), I am not sure if the question asks my current status or the past status before marriage as well? As mentioned above, do I have to tick “Yes”? if I tick “Yes”, give dates of periods of cohabitation, does it mean when we lived/stayed temporary in each country like traveling somewhere for months or living temporary with him for months? Sorry if my question sounds stupid to you, but I am not quite clear what the question asks.

2). Q30- Do you receive financial support from your sponsor? Does the question mean the present after marriage or before marriage? My husband helped me a couple of times before we got married, but after our marriage, my husband supports me every months (but no exact amount of funds in each month. Sometimes more, sometimes less withdrawal and small amount of funds) Should I just estimate?

3). Before marriage, we have had our own bank accounts from our own countries. After we got married, we have another joint account where we are currently using on expenses (in his country). I understand that the financial statement should be attached for supporting documents, but I would like to know how many months of financial statement should I submit? Do I have to submit his own/ mine one or only joint account is enough as showing the present of our current living after marriage?

4). I sometimes go back to my own country for a parent’s visit, he transferred his money to my own bank account in my country from our current joint account, does this count to be attached in the supporting documents as well? If yes, how many months of financial statement should I submit?

I highly appreciate your reply

Regards,

annieann13

Star Member
Jan 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2010
AOR Received.
09-07-2010
File Transfer...
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
02-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2010
LANDED..........
13-01-2011
Hello PMM or mitamata,

Kindly please help. I highly appreciate your kindness.

Regards,

annieann13

Star Member
Jan 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2010
AOR Received.
09-07-2010
File Transfer...
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
02-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2010
LANDED..........
13-01-2011
annieann13 said:
Hello PMM or mitamata,

Kindly please help. I highly appreciate your kindness.

Regards,
Hello all,

I have been waiting for reply, is there anyone could help me out?

Kind regards,