+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 0008 form - Status question!

Jul 19, 2023
So I applied for PR under common law the day before my work permit expired. I just received it back due to some missing information (my own fault) but now when I try to resubmit my PR application it's telling me that my IMM 0008 form is incorrect because I listed my status in Canada as a worker until July, but now that it is September I don't know what to put my status as due to my work visa expiring. After my work visa expired, I stayed but didn't get a visitor visa or anything, and the IMM 0008 form is asking about my status from when to when (which has to be greater than today's date) I'm very confused

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you not follow the helpful advice from @scylla in your thread from July?o_O
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/can-i-still-work-after-my-iec-permit-expires-and-i-have-another-visa-in-process.814557/

If you did not apply to change your status to a visitor at the same time, your status expired the following day. Submitting a Spousal Sponsorship application does NOT extend any status that you had the day before. You have been without status this entire time. You have to [now] state that you are without legal status in Canada, which is NOT a dis qualifier for an Inland SCPLC applicant, but...it's never recommended for any person to be in Canada without legal status.

If it's been less than 90 days since your WP expired, you can either apply to restore your previous status (but would need to change that to visitor status), or...do nothing and hope that your application reaches the AIP stage to then allow you to apply for an OWP, which would give you legal status once you receive your OWP.

Last edited:

pavanpunna

Oct 25, 2019
I have similar situation .
My work permit expired a month ago ( august 29) but i applied for work permit extension under same employer a month before it expired .
Now the form is not allowing me to list my worker status until august 29 since it want a date greater than today . what date should i enter since i dont know when my work permit will be approved ?