+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IM5533 - Information About Previous Examination (to be completed by the sponsor)

ngunja

Sep 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2010
AOR Received.
18-02-2010
File Transfer...
23-03-2010
Passport Req..
15-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-04-2010
LANDED..........
16-05-2010
I have a question about Form IM5533.
"Information About Previous Examination (to be completed by the sponsor):
The person I am sponsoring was declared as my spouse or partner and was already examined as a non-accompanying dependent when I applied for a permanent resident visa, and did not receive an immigrant visa. (Note: If you have never applied for a permanent resident visa, answer no.)"

Here is my situation. My wife and I were sponsored by my daughter and we received PR in 2017. I was able to maintain my PR status but my wife had to give it up as she was not able to stay in Canada. I am now trying to sponsor my wife again and wanted to know if I had to answer YES or NO to the question above. Any recommendations?

Naj

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have a question about Form IM5533.
"Information About Previous Examination (to be completed by the sponsor):
The person I am sponsoring was declared as my spouse or partner and was already examined as a non-accompanying dependent when I applied for a permanent resident visa, and did not receive an immigrant visa. (Note: If you have never applied for a permanent resident visa, answer no.)"

Here is my situation. My wife and I were sponsored by my daughter and we received PR in 2017. I was able to maintain my PR status but my wife had to give it up as she was not able to stay in Canada. I am now trying to sponsor my wife again and wanted to know if I had to answer YES or NO to the question above. Any recommendations?

Naj
i would say the answer is no on a few counts - first being that she did receive an immigrant visa before.