AOR Received.
October 9 2012
Med's Request
second medical request Aug 20, 2013
Med's Done....
medical done March 20 2012 and Sep 29 2013
Interview........
DM Dec 30 2013
Oh I am so nervous.....or we both are. Just talked to an agent and they told us that there will be a decision taken for Stage 1 August 5. We sent in our papers over a year ago....but it became delayed since they wanted one more doc. But now the day is here.....soon. My head is spinning.....what do we do if we don't get approved...... We haven't read anything about what will happen if anything goes wrong. But now when they gave us a date for the decision, it's all I can think about.

My husband, that is sponsoring me, has an old conviction from when he was around 20.....he got a fine.....ha had a joint on him. He hasn't had any problems like that since then. But today he is almost 50 years old....so it was a long time ago.

He went bankrupt around 10 years ago, when he had his own company. But today he works and all is good in that department.

He is paying down a tax debt monthly....so its sinking steady and will be gone in 2 years.

Will they turn us down him down in stage 1 for any of this?

And what do we do if that will happen?

We both have a steady income. He is working full time and I am retired and get my paycheck every month from Sweden and will get that for the rest of my life. So we are doing good economically. But I'm so scared anyway.... Oh its so hard waiting to be judge by people we don't even know.....but still have all power over our life's.

laura8388

Star Member
Mar 25, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
AOR Received.
03-04-2013
Med's Done....
06-03-2013
I believe they only are concerned about crimes against a family member or spouse.. or fraud.. i dont THINK drugs are an issues, especially if so long ago.

For Family Class, income is apparently not an issue so I wouldn't worry!

Nothing you can do between now and August 5. I am thinking of you and wish for the best, try not to stress. (easier said than done) Let us know how you go! :)

DaleandMonica

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2012
Doc's Request.
January 10 2013
Nomination.....
AIP Aug 17, 2013
AOR Received.
October 9 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
DM Dec 30 2013
Thank you Laura8388 :) I have been in Canada with my husband since March 2011 and this past year and four month's, since we sent in the Novel (application) we have relaxed and just enjoyed being together and building up our life together. We have called now and again just to check what was happening with the application.....but this time was the first they had something to give us. A DATE. And everything came back.....all the scary feelings....and all the thoughts.... But you are so right. There is nothing we can do until August fifth.

I will give you all updates.....for sure. Please please please let it be positive update when the day comes. -praying-

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
DaleandMonica said:
Thank you Laura8388 :) I have been in Canada with my husband since March 2011 and this past year and four month's, since we sent in the Novel (application) we have relaxed and just enjoyed being together and building up our life together. We have called now and again just to check what was happening with the application.....but this time was the first they had something to give us. A DATE. And everything came back.....all the scary feelings....and all the thoughts.... But you are so right. There is nothing we can do until August fifth.

I will give you all updates.....for sure. Please please please let it be positive update when the day comes. -praying-
I think it should be fine. CIC is mostly concerned with people trying to get access to Canada by any means. In your case, you've been living with your husband for 2 years, and you come from Sweden - where the standard of living are similar, or higher, than Canada. You have your own income from Sweden, that you can access while in Canada. There are no other reasons for you to be in Canada, except for your husband - and it's pretty clear from your case. The financial aspect is not an issue - your husband has an income, and so do you... the drug-related fine was a long time ago, and nothing major.

Since you've applied inland, and are living in Canada with your husband, there are no doubts about your relationship - I really don't think you need to worry at all! :)

Keep enjoying the summer in BC (if I remember right!), and you'll know really soon!
Lycka til!
Sweden (eller Sverige!)

DaleandMonica

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2012
Doc's Request.
January 10 2013
Nomination.....
AIP Aug 17, 2013
AOR Received.
October 9 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
DM Dec 30 2013
Tack Sweden :) Ja nu jag här o är nipprig igen :D We got a nice spring and summer and just relaxed. Been out camping a lot, like most people do here all summer. Have your summer been good? :)

Do you know how long a medical last? I did mine in March last year.....so its 1 year and a couple of month old by now. You think I will have to redo it?

Många soliga kramar till dig från mig

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
DaleandMonica said:
Tack Sweden :) Ja nu jag här o är nipprig igen :D We got a nice spring and summer and just relaxed. Been out camping a lot, like most people do here all summer. Have your summer been good? :)

Do you know how long a medical last? I did mine in March last year.....so its 1 year and a couple of month old by now. You think I will have to redo it?
Många soliga kramar till dig från mig
Tack! summer has been really good so far, enjoying the sun and nice weather!
Medicals are good for 1 year. It can be extended if it's the only thing that prevents CIC from issuing the PR, and it has been done in the last 15 months... so they might have been extended already (CIC won't tell you that they extend the medicals, you will just find out because you're not asked for a new one). You might not have to re-do it, especially if you are close to the end of stage 1. But unfortunately - there is no way to know.

Kram!
Sweden

DaleandMonica

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2012
Doc's Request.
January 10 2013
Nomination.....
AIP Aug 17, 2013
AOR Received.
October 9 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
DM Dec 30 2013
Sweden said:
Tack! summer has been really good so far, enjoying the sun and nice weather!
Medicals are good for 1 year. It can be extended if it's the only thing that prevents CIC from issuing the PR, and it has been done in the last 15 months... so they might have been extended already (CIC won't tell you that they extend the medicals, you will just find out because you're not asked for a new one). You might not have to re-do it, especially if you are close to the end of stage 1. But unfortunately - there is no way to know.

Kram!
Sweden
Nice to hear you are having a good summer too dear :)

I guess we just have to wait to know. I will keep you updated......would be nice not having to go through a medical again. Soon we will know I guess. :)

Talk to you soon again :) Take care och kramisar från mig till dig

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
akoika said:
A pot smoking bankrupt in debt sponsorship request. Good luck :)
everybody makes mistakes, and smoking pot 30 years ago is not a big deal... what is important is the current situation.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
akoika said:
A pot smoking bankrupt in debt sponsorship request. Good luck :)
Had he been caught with a joint today, there would have been no action taken against him. According to the University of Victoria and Simon Fraser University, over half the population of BC have smoked pot, nearly 2 million people. And I'm willing to bet that is a low estimate.

Yes, sometimes people make mistakes and must declare bankruptcy, especially when their own business fails.

The majority of people in Canada have some debt. Mortgage, car loan, balance on a credit card, owing family, all of that is DEBT.

How nice for you to be such a perfect angel that you've never had to face obstacles in life.

DaleandMonica

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2012
Doc's Request.
January 10 2013
Nomination.....
AIP Aug 17, 2013
AOR Received.
October 9 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
DM Dec 30 2013
Sweden said:
everybody makes mistakes, and smoking pot 30 years ago is not a big deal... what is important is the current situation.
Thank you Sweden :-* STOR KRAM TILL DIG

DaleandMonica

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2012
Doc's Request.
January 10 2013
Nomination.....
AIP Aug 17, 2013
AOR Received.
October 9 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
DM Dec 30 2013
canuck_in_uk said:
Had he been caught with a joint today, there would have been no action taken against him. According to the University of Victoria and Simon Fraser University, over half the population of BC have smoked pot, nearly 2 million people. And I'm willing to bet that is a low estimate.

Yes, sometimes people make mistakes and must declare bankruptcy, especially when their own business fails.

The majority of people in Canada have some debt. Mortgage, car loan, balance on a credit card, owing family, all of that is DEBT.

How nice for you to be such a perfect angel that you've never had to face obstacles in life.
Thank you!!!
I sure hope Immigration Canada look at the bigger picture too :) Its not easy to walk through a whole life perfectly and not ever stumble. And Im so proud of my husband and the life we have... We have no debts except his little tax debt, and that is sinking every month. We own our own truck. We own our own trailer. We have no personal loans....bank loans....credit card loans....and everything we have is paid for and owned by us and we both have our own income. So I think we are really lucky and that our situation in life today is more then great. Hope hope we will be judge by that.....and not for any old mistakes. But still.....the fear to be judged is making me go through our history and life and makes the old mistakes become scary. But I will try to relax and think like you guys. So thank you again. Hugs :)

DaleandMonica

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2012
Doc's Request.
January 10 2013
Nomination.....
AIP Aug 17, 2013
AOR Received.
October 9 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
DM Dec 30 2013
But we live in a house...not a trailer. Just want to clarify that. Our trailer is for our weekends and holidays :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
DaleandMonica said:
Thank you!!!
I sure hope Immigration Canada look at the bigger picture too :) Its not easy to walk through a whole life perfectly and not ever stumble. And Im so proud of my husband and the life we have... We have no debts except his little tax debt, and that is sinking every month. We own our own truck. We own our own trailer. We have no personal loans....bank loans....credit card loans....and everything we have is paid for and owned by us and we both have our own income. So I think we are really lucky and that our situation in life today is more then great. Hope hope we will be judge by that.....and not for any old mistakes. But still.....the fear to be judged is making me go through our history and life and makes the old mistakes become scary. But I will try to relax and think like you guys. So thank you again. Hugs :)
you'll be fine! the fine your husband had 30 years ago is not a crime, and isn't certainly now... what CIC is concerned with is that your relationship is genuine (no doubt there!), and that you have a plan to support yourself as a family - and you obviously do. You're most likely way more stable than most people that apply and get approved here - me included! my sponsor with a student at the time of applying, and he had ( and still does) a student debt. We lived outside of Canada when applying, and had no house, job or job offer waiting for us - and we got approved without questions. So - don't worry about it!
Kram tilbacke!
Sweden

DaleandMonica

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2012
Doc's Request.
January 10 2013
Nomination.....
AIP Aug 17, 2013
AOR Received.
October 9 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
DM Dec 30 2013
Sweden said:
you'll be fine! the fine your husband had 30 years ago is not a crime, and isn't certainly now... what CIC is concerned with is that your relationship is genuine (no doubt there!), and that you have a plan to support yourself as a family - and you obviously do. You're most likely way more stable than most people that apply and get approved here - me included! my sponsor with a student at the time of applying, and he had ( and still does) a student debt. We lived outside of Canada when applying, and had no house, job or job offer waiting for us - and we got approved without questions. So - don't worry about it!
Kram tilbacke!
Sweden
Oh......tack tack tack tack tack for sharing this with me. Gives me strength and lots of hope. It doesn't make you feel so big when you sit at this side of the table. Both you and I, I guess, have read all the storys about all the people trying to be approved by Sweden.....and how hard it is emotionally for them when they were waiting. And it is a very strange feeling to now sit in their position. I never in my life ever thought I would be in that position in my life. But here I am.....all for love...my life became turned upside down :)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
akoika said:
Yes yes, I also hope Immigration Canada will see the bigger picture that he is indeed a pot smoking bankrupt in debt requesting sponsorship privileges.

You can all comfort each other as much as you want and tell each other that this is okay. Eventually, you will drop to reality when this is refused and understand that Canada doesn't need to deal with this kind of people.

Good luck
As said so nicely by Alurra71 above, YOU are the type of person Canada does not need.