+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I'm so confused because of my qualification.

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
Hello everyone,

I did a two year long Diploma from Canada in the field of Business and now I'm doing a Bachelors top-up degree from a UK university? I can speak French so my total points are around 430 without the top-up degree itself but for the recognition of a top-up degree I can't really find an agency that can evaluate it because my education is done in different parts?

Should I just try to apply for PR just based on my current CRS score? Or should I try to get my top-up degree evaluated? But from where? I tried to contact WES but they were pretty unhelpful and to some extent quite rude over this issue and the other agency wasn't so sure about the top up degree either. What should I do? If I give it a shot by applying with my current CRS score, do I need to mention that I did a top-up degree because I know that CIC don't want ECA for Canadian Diplomas.

Also if I'm not eligible and if I do my masters in the future (via normal learning) will CIC ask why I decided to complete my Bachelors via distance learning?

Thanks!

muhzahid

Sep 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London (VO VCM)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF paid on 07-Aug-2015
Nomination.....
PER dated 18-Feb-2015
Med's Request
03-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
09-Aug-2015 (3rd line updated on 15-Oct-2015)//Re-medical on 19-Sep-2016
Passport Req..
AlhamdoLillah, on 03-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
[b]AlhamdoLillah, on 25-Oct-2016[/b]
LANDED..........
[b]AlhamdoLillah, on 07-Feb-2017[/b]
Please note that you must have some post secondary education for EE-FSW, if so:

You should not wait and apply immediately as your CSR (without the top-up degree) is well enough to get the ITA.

In my opinion, CIC will never be concerned about your distance learning education.

Regards,

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
muhzahid said:
Please note that you must have some post secondary education for EE-FSW, if so:

You should not wait and apply immediately as your CSR (without the top-up degree) is well enough to get the ITA.

In my opinion, CIC will never be concerned about your distance learning education.

Regards,

Thanks so much for replying back! Can you please also tell me that if I have a gap of 2-3 years, can it lead to my PR visa being rejected?

Amdavadi

Feb 17, 2017
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04/22/2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
icecool222 said:
Hello everyone,

I did a two year long Diploma from Canada in the field of Business and now I'm doing a Bachelors top-up degree from a UK university? I can speak French so my total points are around 430 without the top-up degree itself but for the recognition of a top-up degree I can't really find an agency that can evaluate it because my education is done in different parts?

Should I just try to apply for PR just based on my current CRS score? Or should I try to get my top-up degree evaluated? But from where? I tried to contact WES but they were pretty unhelpful and to some extent quite rude over this issue and the other agency wasn't so sure about the top up degree either. What should I do? If I give it a shot by applying with my current CRS score, do I need to mention that I did a top-up degree because I know that CIC don't want ECA for Canadian Diplomas.

Also if I'm not eligible and if I do my masters in the future (via normal learning) will CIC ask why I decided to complete my Bachelors via distance learning?

Thanks!

Two options for you

1) Don't mention UK degree before invitation. After invitation you can mention it into your personal history section.
you don't have to upload anything for this

2) Mention it and select No ECA, that's how you will not get points for this degree. Eventually you might have to upload documents for this degree.

If there is any gap, you can mention it into personal history section with what you were doing like unemployed, student, home-maker etc

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
Amdavadi said:
Two options for you

1) Don't mention UK degree before invitation. After invitation you can mention it into your personal history section.
you don't have to upload anything for this

2) Mention it and select No ECA, that's how you will not get points for this degree. Eventually you might have to upload documents for this degree.

If there is any gap, you can mention it into personal history section with what you were doing like unemployed, student, home-maker etc
But if I don't mention it in the ECA section wouldn't it count as a misrepresentation?

Amdavadi

Feb 17, 2017
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04/22/2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
icecool222 said:
But if I don't mention it in the ECA section wouldn't it count as a misrepresentation?
No, I had the same situation with spouse. I did not mention her diploma (which was not equal to Canadian credentials) in education. I mentioned it into personal history. her ECA had both degree assessed and only one was eligible for points.