Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
As a Finnish citizen, you probably don't even need a permanent residency status to be able to work and live in Norway (don't Finnish citizens have freedom of movement in Norway?). If that's what you're looking to do AND you don't care about re-visiting Canada in the future, then just grab your (valid) passport, hop on the plane to Finland, and then move to Norway.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
I'm making a lot of assumptions here (based on the cryptic information provided), but I gather she doesn't have any documentation like a PP or BC. Someone else has all that. My guess is that's why she is stuck here right now....from the sounds of it, essentially abandoned by her spouse.

If she is Finnish, she needs to start gathering proof of that and the consulate or embassy is a great place to start. As mentioned, probably easier if she can relay the information in her native language. After she acquires the necessary documents, I would approach IRCC and let them know I was illegal and ready for removal. They would probably help her out.....

Nov 7, 2016
I did not want to leave where I was currently living as a permanent resident over in Norway with my family and my children. I did not do all of this as an illegal immigrant , someone else did and only told me at the end I will be leaving the country, yes I am really Finnish born and that is the only country I have citizenship of and then there was immigrating to Ireland and became a permanent resident then , later on there is study abroad and living abroad for a few school years in northern Sweden and filled out the visa and visa application for it then when we came back to study abroad and living abroad in Ireland after it was not permanent resident and instead with the viss and visa application again, then a few years after there was my partner started college and also filled out visas for living and moving to Norway, where he has citizenship and the only country where he has citizenship and we have been living there since August 4, 2010 and when I started college there in Tromso and is also where we had our children. Just my partner's name that I don't want to share.

Is there more to your background that you don't want to share? if you don't then that's OK.

How did you end up in Canada in the first place? More for my interest because it's the first time I've heard of a Finnish national end up as an illegal immigrant in Canada via Norway
[/quote]

Naheulbeuck

Aug 14, 2015
Since you are a citizen of Finland, which is part of the EU, and Norway being part of the schengen area, you can take a plane and go there as long as you still have a valid Finnish passport. There is no issue again with leaving Canada so stop being depressed about your life here and move back to where you want to live, you have that chance!!

COPRQuestion

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-16
Doc's Request.
10-06-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16
Naheulbeuck said:
Since you are a citizen of Finland, which is part of the EU, and Norway being part of the schengen area, you can take a plane and go there as long as you still have a valid Finnish partner. There is no issue again with leaving Canada so stop being depressed about your life here and move back to where you want to live, you have that chance!!
I have to agree, can't you just go to the Finnish Embassy of Consulate (or one that deals with Finns) and explain your predicament. I'm sure they will be able to verify your identity in some way. They can then provide you with a travel document.

Taxed

Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-2015
Doc's Request.
11-2015
AOR Received.
04-2015
Med's Request
11-2015
Med's Done....
11-2015
Interview........
9-2016 ARC Approved.: 9-2016 CSQ Issued.....: 2-2017 Re-Med's Request...: 4-2017 Re-Med's Done : 4-2017
Passport Req..
04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-2017
LANDED..........
05-2017
TatianaWintherWaisanen said:
I did not want to leave where I was currently living as a permanent resident over in Norway with my family and my children. I did not do all of this as an illegal immigrant , someone else did and only told me at the end I will be leaving the country, yes I am really Finnish born and that is the only country I have citizenship of and then there was immigrating to Ireland and became a permanent resident then , later on there is study abroad and living abroad for a few school years in northern Sweden and filled out the visa and visa application for it then when we came back to study abroad and living abroad in Ireland after it was not permanent resident and instead with the viss and visa application again, then a few years after there was my partner started college and also filled out visas for living and moving to Norway, where he has citizenship and the only country where he has citizenship and we have been living there since August 4, 2010 and when I started college there in Tromso and is also where we had our children. Just my partner's name that I don't want to share.

Is there more to your background that you don't want to share? if you don't then that's OK.

How did you end up in Canada in the first place? More for my interest because it's the first time I've heard of a Finnish national end up as an illegal immigrant in Canada via Norway
What strikes me is the first sentence, why did you leave if you did not want to?
Are you a human trafficking victim or something?

COPRQuestion

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-16
Doc's Request.
10-06-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16
Taxed said:
What strikes me is the first sentence, why did you leave if you did not want to?
Are you a human trafficking victim or something?
Again I don't think there's much more advice we can offer apart from what people have already suggested.

But as with everyone who is reading this thread now I think we're all intrigued to hear the whole story as there are some huge gaps that don't make sense to us. I think we'd all like to know how you actually arrived in Canada.

JMetso

Apr 18, 2016
Tatiana. I am Finnish... only government can banish you from Country. You didn't say who filled visas for you either. But you need to return to Finland. Something isn't right what you say in your story. Nobody comes here so easily without documents i think. Whole thing feels made up.

Since and if you're illegal immigrant here you can't work without work permit. If you if you worked already without it ... it doesn't look good for your applications.

Mene konsulaattiin valittomasti. Olisi pitanyt menna aikoja sitten.

COPRQuestion

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-16
Doc's Request.
10-06-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16
JMetso said:
Tatiana. I am Finnish... only government can banish you from Country. You didn't say who filled visas for you either. But you need to return to Finland. Something isn't right what you say in your story. Nobody comes here so easily without documents i think. Whole thing feels made up.

Since and if you're illegal immigrant here you can't work without work permit. If you if you worked already without it ... it doesn't look good for your applications.

Mene konsulaattiin valittomasti. Olisi pitanyt menna aikoja sitten.
I'm with you on this, seems to be a very elaborate story and one with so many lose ends that just don't tie up

Hammer

Oct 9, 2015
Alberta
COPRQuestion said:
I'm with you on this, seems to be a very elaborate story and one with so many lose ends that just don't tie up
Hi there, your name suggests me to ask if I have any issue regarding COPR (if I m not wrong)?

I just received COPR inside canada and have made appointment at local CIC office for landing. The problem is my COPR has wrong date of birth, the instructions letter says to return the passports and COPR for any corrections but I think it is a generic latter sent to everyone regardless if they are inside or outside canada. It would make sense if someone landing first time Canada and would need everything correct.

My ques is - Can I have this clerical error corrected at landing time with landing officer. I found one bulletin notice on CIC website as well which says final responsibility of verifying information on COPR lies with CBSA officer and/or CIC officer if landing inside.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob545-mod.asp

ANyone with there suggestions ?

COPRQuestion

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-16
Doc's Request.
10-06-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16
Hammer said:
Hi there, your name suggests me to ask if I have any issue regarding COPR (if I m not wrong)?

I just received COPR inside canada and have made appointment at local CIC office for landing. The problem is my COPR has wrong date of birth, the instructions letter says to return the passports and COPR for any corrections but I think it is a generic latter sent to everyone regardless if they are inside or outside canada. It would make sense if someone landing first time Canada and would need everything correct.

My ques is - Can I have this clerical error corrected at landing time with landing officer. I found one bulletin notice on CIC website as well which says final responsibility of verifying information on COPR lies with CBSA officer and/or CIC officer if landing inside.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob545-mod.asp

ANyone with there suggestions ?
Hi Hammer, unfortunately, my name is misleading, I created it because i had a question myself rather than being an expert on COPR's

You could always try calling CIC or CBSA to ask them or just wait for someone to answer here. might be an idea to create a separate post though so people can see it

cheers and good luck

Hammer

Oct 9, 2015
Alberta
COPRQuestion said:
Hi Hammer, unfortunately, my name is misleading, I created it because i had a question myself rather than being an expert on COPR's

You could always try calling CIC or CBSA to ask them or just wait for someone to answer here. might be an idea to create a separate post though so people can see it

cheers and good luck

No worries, thanks though.

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
All this seems kind of silly to me. Just leave. I highly doubt that this forum would lavish this kind of attention/support were this person from Bangladesh or Nigeria?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
deadbird said:
All this seems kind of silly to me. Just leave. I highly doubt that this forum would lavish this kind of attention/support were this person from Bangladesh or Nigeria?
Maybe that's what they think, and made up the Finnish part. I think it's unfair of you to say something like that, though. I've yet to see any sensical post outright ignored. The ones that get ignored are usually vague questions that the person could have at least done a tiny bit of research on themselves.

This one is getting attention because it is describing an unusual situation with many plot holes.

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
Aquakitty said:
Maybe that's what they think, and made up the Finnish part. I think it's unfair of you to say something like that, though. I've yet to see any sensical post outright ignored. The ones that get ignored are usually vague questions that the person could have at least done a tiny bit of research on themselves.

This one is getting attention because it is describing an unusual situation with many plot holes.
I agree that this story is somewhat unusual. However I don't agree that the OP's story is sensible. She is asking if she can leave Canada. Anyone who has ever travelled internationally knows that they can book a flight back to the country of their passport. Or be deported there for free.

If she were specifically asking about penalties for overstaying her visa or committing fraud, then it would be a "sensible post".

IMO, this post is only alive because this person claims to have a long convoluted story that involves countries like Finland and Norway. Now, just substitute those countries with Nigeria or Ghana and then this post would have a lot less tolerance from this forum.