+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

if you passed test & interview did they ask for the original record of landing?

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
Folks,
I lost my landing paper. Lucky that I had a photo copy of it.
Now :
Healt card. I have
Permanent resident. I have
Driving license. I have
Passport I have.
The big paper that they gave me on peace bridge when I landed. I LOST. And very soon I will get the test and interview appointment.

May question is :
A. Is there a way to get a replacement COPR ?
B. If I don't have it, can it trigger a RQ ?
ThAnk you for you answers,
Ari

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
Re: Folks, friends, experts, I need your kindly help

ari5323 said:
Folks,
Now :
Healt card. I have
Driving license. I have
Passport I have.
The big paper that they gave me on peace bridge when I landed. I LOST. And very soon I will get the test and interview appointment.

May question is :
Ari
Yikes.

You can apply for a replacement IMM 5292 ("COPR").

* Application: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/certcopy.asp
* Instruction guide: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5545ETOC.asp
* Processing times: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/other.asp

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
Re: Folks, friends, experts, I need your kindly help

Miriam, Thank you.
BUT here is the catch 22

The processing time to get this document is 6 months GOSH can you hear me 6 lousy months, while my test will be probably much earlier,
Now at the test i have to bring the original C O P R i have a copy, i have a PR card, but they want the friking Original.
and as i can read here, the smallest paper you miss they send you an RQ

Any advice please ?

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
folks, can you share with me please ? did the officer asked for the record of landing ?

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
ari5323 said:
folks, can you share with me please ? did the officer asked for the record of landing ?
Yes. He matched the original against the photocopy I provided when I mailed my application.

susann

Star Member
Mar 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
NOC Code......
0111 / 1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 2009
Doc's Request.
august 2009
AOR Received.
january 2010
Med's Request
march 2010
Med's Done....
march 2010
Passport Req..
april 2010
VISA ISSUED...
mai 2010
Yes they checked my original as well. I think you will be into trouble if you do not have the original.

If you had your original at the time you applied, it must be somewhere. You might want to check every litter peace in your place.

At least ask for the copy right away and hope they will be faster than 6 month and bring the paper for applying for a new copy as well if you do not find your original.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
susann said:
Yes they checked my original as well. I think you will be into trouble if you do not have the original.

If you had your original at the time you applied, it must be somewhere. You might want to check every litter peace in your place.

At least ask for the copy right away and hope they will be faster than 6 month and bring the paper for applying for a new copy as well if you do not find your original.
The above 2 ladies Miriam and Susan make me cry :D :D :D :D :D :D

anyone else has some better news for me?

IllaBee

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ari5323 said:
Not to sound rude or anything like that but the test/interview letter (once you receive it) will tell you exactly what you need to bring on that day. You MUST know from this day my friend, that anytime YOU deal with the government anywhere in the world more especially here in Canada, it's imperative that you ALWAYS and ALWAYS keep the ORIGINAL or OFFICIAL document they send you period. I take it a step further and make additional copies as well. To answer your question, yes you will be asked to produce originals of whatever documents you originally submitted, period. Yes, you're expected to have the ORIGINALS!

If I were you I would quickly apply for a replacement IMM 5292 even if it takes 6 months at least if your test letter comes before that time, you can take the proof to show that you applied for the replacement document and hope the CIC officer will show mercy-> which by the way, they don't have to since they clearly state to you to bring originals! Besides, you're NOT even guaranteed to receive a test invite in under 6 months. My friendly advice to you is: take this step seriously as you've come this far and don't want to screw up anything. You have a choice. Order the replacement now or chance it! Sorry but the odds are obviously against you.

bluewish

Oct 1, 2011
The officer only checked my PR card and asked if any of my IDs has changed since my application was submitted. I said no and she didnt bother to look at other documents. So, it totally depends on who interview you.

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
My wife had her test few months ago down in Montreal and they did not bother checking this doc. Just her IDs to make sure she's the right person, passport and PR card as well, but not the landing paper. If you are lucky enough, you might not get requested to show the original. And offcourse, don't mention you lost it if they don't ask you for it.

Good luck.

LovingMum

Jul 14, 2015
Just sharing:

We are on the same boat, the difference is, I have my Original copy of COPR but with my minors, I cannot find the Original copy but we have Photo copies.
And last Monday I mailed the application for the Verification of Status/Replacement of Immigration Documents for my 2 Minors. Yes, processing is 6 months as it stated on the website, I included a letter on the application if they can expedite the processing because our application for Citizenship is already " IN PROCESS" status. And put the "URGENT'' on the envelope. They had my application on Wednesday, Sept 16, 2015. And of course, I dont expect yet anything from them.

poushi24

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
ari5323 said:
The above 2 ladies Miriam and Susan make me cry :D :D :D :D :D :D

anyone else has some better news for me?
As far as I remember after the test the officer never asked me my Landing paper. He just saw my Id and that's it. I guess it's all depend on the officer. Test invite letter always asked to take original with you to support your application. As mentioned by another person submit application for replacement and if you do get test invite before the replacement come just take the copy and tell them you have applied for replacement. They will understand as things can happened to anyone.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
MiriamT said:
Yes. He matched the original against the photocopy I provided when I mailed my application.
Same here. The interviewer explicitly asked for it and compared it with the photocopy she had from the application that I mailed.

Though.. honestly I don't know what this would be a deal breaker if you don't have it. Does CIC not have all your landing records in their own system?

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
I was asked for the COPR paper, I lost mine and ordered a copy well before I send in my application so I had the copy with me.

WaitingForPR_09

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
January 2011
I would suggest that you apply for the replacement as you can be asked to provide the original COPR. If the test happens before your receive the replacement at least you can show the proof that you have asked for replacement. You already have the photocopy so it will make your case bit stronger compared to not applying for replacement COPR.

ari5323 said:
Folks,
Now :
Healt card. I have
Driving license. I have
Passport I have.

May question is :
Ari