+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If you have done MBA from India, do not opt for ECA from WES

manish41711

Star Member
Jan 11, 2019
I got my bachelors evaluated as well to be on the safer side but CES does not require bachelors transcripts to evaluate masters.
You got your Bachelor's evaluated from CES itself? Or from another agency?

My main concern is that maybe CES will look that I have a 3 year Bachelors instead of 4 and deny Masters.

maheshmit

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
You got your Bachelor's evaluated from CES itself? Or from another agency?
- From CES itself. As CES charges per credential, paid for Bachelors as well as Masters

My main concern is that maybe CES will look that I have a 3 year Bachelors instead of 4 and deny Masters.
- I'm really not sure if a 3 year bachelor will affect your masters evaluation. Better to research further on the forum.

jignesh_soni

Jan 1, 2020
I submitted the application and transcripts around Dec 15th. I got the PDF via email yesterday, so almost 3 months time. This also included a couple of weeks of winter holidays around Christmas/ New Year time.

Also, since submitting my application there was no change in status till last week. Since last Sunday, status got updated on a daily basis and I received the PDF yesterday.

Do let me know if you need any further details.
Hi Mahesh..I want to know if you had submitted verified/attested marksheets and copy of degree certificates or verified/attested transcripts and copy of degree certificates. Transcript and Marksheets are different.Transcripts is combination of marksheet and syllabus with no of hours studied. Also if transcript is mandatory, will university/CES accept 4 year old transcripts?

manish41711

Star Member
Jan 11, 2019
- I'm really not sure if a 3 year bachelor will affect your masters evaluation. Better to research further on the forum.
I read somewhere that a guy with 2 years BSc and 2 years Msc did not get Masters equivalency. You have also said that a 4 year Bachelors will give an MBA as masters. So in my case, a 3 years Bachelors might be a problem to get masters for 2 years MBA?

4+2 gives masters. What about 3+2

Raun.singh

Jan 1, 2020
Hello guys,

I have read that for ECA for IMT CDL many people tried IQAS. Now as IQAS has stopped processing applications submitted after November 15 and won’t start until May 2020 I m in a fix. Will WES , ICAS or ICES provide ECA for my degree ???

Please help !!

maheshmit

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Hi Mahesh..I want to know if you had submitted verified/attested marksheets and copy of degree certificates or verified/attested transcripts and copy of degree certificates. Transcript and Marksheets are different.Transcripts is combination of marksheet and syllabus with no of hours studied. Also if transcript is mandatory, will university/CES accept 4 year old transcripts?
Hi Jignesh - As per my experience with My credentials (Masters and Bachelors) and my wife's credentials (Masters and Bachelors), marksheet copies attested by the appropriate university authority (Registrar/ Controller of Examinations etc) put in a sealed envelope are considered as transcripts. I'm not sure about other universities and for your university, there might be a difference between them.

In my case, I submitted attested copies of marsksheets (considered as transcripts for my university) and attested copies of degree certificate - both of them were placed in a sealed envelope with the university seal/ stamp on the flap to ensure that it is not tampered.

chadnan93

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019
I read somewhere that a guy with 2 years BSc and 2 years Msc did not get Masters equivalency. You have also said that a 4 year Bachelors will give an MBA as masters. So in my case, a 3 years Bachelors might be a problem to get masters for 2 years MBA?

4+2 gives masters. What about 3+2

The masters equivalency is mostly based on the university which you have studied in.
4+2 or 3+2 doesn't matter.

I have 3 years Bachelors from Bangalore Uni and 2 years masters from Manipal University and WES evaluated it as masters.

manish41711

Star Member
Jan 11, 2019
The masters equivalency is mostly based on the university which you have studied in.
4+2 or 3+2 doesn't matter.

I have 3 years Bachelors from Bangalore Uni and 2 years masters from Manipal University and WES evaluated it as masters.
Your 2 years masters from Manipal was which degree? MBA?

bivekjoseph

Dec 27, 2019
Hi All,

I am confused and would like to get your expert opinion,

I have an Engineering degree as well as an MBA degree, and did ECA through WES for immigration purpose.
WES gave "Bachelor's degree(four years)" for my Engineering and "Postgraduate diploma (one year)" for my MBA. My MBA was not recognized as 'Masters Degree' and have lost CRS points because of this. I am moving forward to get my Full time MBA as 'masters degree' and have few clarifications.

1) Which all evaluating body gives 'Masters' for MBA and among them which takes lowest time? i have just started reading about it and came to know that CES give Masters for Indian MBA degree, would like to know your opinion and experience on this as well.

2) Second doubt is, Since I got my ECA for my Engineering degree already evaluated by WES, While getting ECA from CES for MBA should I need to evaluate Engineering again along with it? Will CIC accepts if ECA of Engineering is done through WES and ECA of MBA gets done through CES(2 Different bodies)?

3) Since ECA report from WES consists both Engineering and MBA evaluation, even if I do ECA from CES(Only for MBA) how should I file this In EE profile.

Thanks.

jignesh_soni

Jan 1, 2020
hi..i m at similar position as you..only difference being that i m yet to submit my WES application....BE MBA ftom WES snd MBA from CES...

Hi All,

I am confused and would like to get your expert opinion,

I have an Engineering degree as well as an MBA degree, and did ECA through WES for immigration purpose.
WES gave "Bachelor's degree(four years)" for my Engineering and "Postgraduate diploma (one year)" for my MBA. My MBA was not recognized as 'Masters Degree' and have lost CRS points because of this. I am moving forward to get my Full time MBA as 'masters degree' and have few clarifications.

1) Which all evaluating body gives 'Masters' for MBA and among them which takes lowest time? i have just started reading about it and came to know that CES give Masters for Indian MBA degree, would like to know your opinion and experience on this as well.

2) Second doubt is, Since I got my ECA for my Engineering degree already evaluated by WES, While getting ECA from CES for MBA should I need to evaluate Engineering again along with it? Will CIC accepts if ECA of Engineering is done through WES and ECA of MBA gets done through CES(2 Different bodies)?

3) Since ECA report from WES consists both Engineering and MBA evaluation, even if I do ECA from CES(Only for MBA) how should I file this In EE profile.

Thanks.

Tarun1306

Star Member
Oct 13, 2019
Guys
While filing CES ECA form...what to write in field of course start date and course end date ? I called academic institution and they have no ideas of the exact date my MBA degree started and the day when it ended?

Jan 19, 2020
Surat
Category........
Hello everyone,
You all must have heard people recommending to get ECA done from WES (World Education Services), especially in India. But if you have studies MBA from India, do not opt for WES. They will give it a Canadian equivalency of - 'One year Post graduate diploma' instead of 'Master's degree'.

I have studied MBA fron Nirma University, Gujarat. When I got my ECA done, I was awarded One year PG diploma equivalency. I raised a query as I had 2 years of full-time management degree, they responded that WES only gives Master's equivalency to MBA done from IIMs or IITs.

So please opt for University of Toronto for ECA, it may be a little costly, and takes 2 weeks more than WES, but it will give you more accurate equivalency. But if you have studied MBA from IIMs & IITs, you can opt for WES.

PS: WES takes 6 weeks to process an application, after it receives your documents in hard copy.
Hello Kunal,

I am Kartik from Gujarat, India. I have completed my MBA from PDPU, Gandhinagar. Now I am at the stage of ECA and I have worried about the options because of the different scenarios at different agencies for ECA.

Can you help me with the question "Will I get a master's degree as an equivalency from CES for my MBA from PDPU, Gujarat, India?"

Please help me as soon as possible.