Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Punjab
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CHD
NOC Code......
419.. waiting for update to happen to make it 423 after IELTS score udpate of spouse

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
I have seen a lot of good students scoring less than Band 7 in writing while score Band 9 in Listening and Reading.

The reason for low bands in writing is that they focus on the quantity and not the quality of writing. The key tips that have worked for many students to get Band 8 (Part 2) is as follow:

1) Structure: Do not include short sentences, try to use linking words to structure your sentences, stick to a single point in each paragraph and try to use one example in each paragraph of the essay. (This weights arounds 2 Bands)

2) Lexical Resources: Examiners of IELTS have written books on vocabulary and they expect students to correctly use them in their writing exam. Spelling do matter a lot in writing and also the use of a word (This part almost weights 2.5 Bands). Examiners set exam from 24 different topics (L,S,R &W) and therefore, it is better to learn words from each of these topics. There are plenty of material available online.

3) Parpharasing Exercise: Many students who gets Band 6.5 instead of Band 7 fails to recognise that this task even exists. Examiners in Task 2 requires student to begin their essay by paraphrasing the question and failing do so will cost you 0.5 Band.

4) Connecting Words: Examiners wants to look at connecting words sentence after sentence. Such as However, Although, In addition, Firstly, Then, In Conclusion etc. (0.5 Band)

5) Conclude: Examiners require you to conclude your essay and provide clear opinion (Yes or No) if asked in question. (0.5 Band)

These are some of the things that have worked for students in the past. I hope it will help students to improve their scores.

There are a lot more useful tips and material available online that can get you achieve your targets.

Finally, get practice in the following areas for exams in 2017.

1) Environment and Government
2) Transport and Traffic Management
3) Modern Technologies
4) Employment and Economies
5) Public Sector (Health, Education or Law)

Best of Luck!

Ckonadu

May 3, 2017
What's your highest level of education? Better still, I would be glad if you could share ur full profile with respect to the CRS... thanks!

unicorns

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
What's your highest level of education? Better still, I would be glad if you could share ur full profile with respect to the CRS... thanks!
I'm 28 about to be 29 in two months, MSc and BSc, 3 years experience in same job, NOC B, and my IELTS scores are below. If i rewrite ielts and get an 8 in listening my CRS will jump to 472. I'm just going to observe the next two draws before i decide that.

Fmegha86

Mar 8, 2017
All the best brother. My score is 403 (L-8.5, R&S - 7 and W-6). My NOC code is 2171, what is your NOC code??

I believe OINP issues invitation based on NOC code and related job opening / market in Ontario.

Do you have any idea about NOC code 2171
you can call me sister if you want, am no brother:) . My NOC is 4165 , I am working as a clinical Lead for global clinical; trials in MNC . Am not sure about the selection process, however i had written to CIC guys sometime back about same and the reply i got was, OINP issues the NOI on random selection basis

Fmegha86

Mar 8, 2017
Hang on there, we will get ITA before the June 6 update on the siblings/francophones.

Just self-review and a lot of practice. I am already band 8/9 in RWS except listening which is only 7.0 in my 1st attempt, 7.5 in 2nd then got 8.5 on 29-Apr[/QUOTE

]
The CIC updates state "The candidate or his or her spouse/common-law partner must share a mother and/or father with the sibling in Canada. This relationship can be through blood, adoption, marriage, or common-law partnership." what does this mean? does it imply your own sister or brother?

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Not only your own. It says there your sister/brother by blood, adoption, marriage/common-law. It also includes your husband/partner's sister/brother by the same.

jmir

May 17, 2017
465 here. My account has been stuck at 'We are processing your Job Bank registration' stage for 72 hours. I got the "Your application has been updated" message after 24 hours, but no update in my account details. Anyone knows if this is normal?

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A cousin with CRS 472 , waiting for WES ECA masters. Seems, he will get the ITA in the next draw after he enters the EE pool.

CooperStation22

May 14, 2017
At 401, tried IELTS 3 times and got 6.5 in writing every single time. Just got result for 29th april, L,R,W,S - 8.5, 9, 6.5, 7. so disappointing, cant get hold of that half mark :(
I can understand this feeling... 5 times.. always..always.. 6.5...in writing.. but if you have created profile in this week... OINP will pick you up..