+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If visitor stays 6 month, can leave for 2-3 month and come back for another 6 month ?

Bambaleeeoo

Star Member
Sep 12, 2015
Toronto
Hi there,
I can't seem to find, is it possible for a visitor to stay 5-6 months in Canada, then leave for 2 month (may be less may be more) and then come back to Canada again for another 5-6month ?
Can it be done as long as visa is valid, and officer allows it, is there a specific restriction (like minimum break period) ?

Thank you

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi there,
I can't seem to find, is it possible for a visitor to stay 5-6 months in Canada, then leave for 2 month (may be less may be more) and then come back to Canada again for another 5-6month ?
Can it be done as long as visa is valid, and officer allows it, is there a specific restriction (like minimum break period) ?

Thank you
It's up to the CBSA officer. If he/she doesn't believe that you are a genuine visitor, you can be denied entry.

Reactions: Bambaleeeoo

lossada

Sep 5, 2017
Hi there,

Thank you
first try to extend your stay, then,,, if they deny your extension, try to be 3-4 months out of Canada,,, I did.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi there,

Thank you
In general you shouldn’t be spending more time in Canada than in your home country especially significantly. If you are spending 5-6 months in Canada then going to your home country try for 2 months then returning to Canada for 5-6 months you are essentially living in Canada and visiting your home country.