+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If there is an interview.

Eric Parker

Star Member
Jun 26, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If my Canadian Wife and I are called for an interview, what would transpire?

I live in Portland, Oregon. The nearest consolate is in Seattle, Washington. If called for an interview, do they interview both of us (me and my wife), or is it just me? And where would it take place? Buffalo where the app is processed or in Seattle? Los Angeles maybe?

Thanks you all!

mud504@yahoo

Oct 20, 2008
Indiana
When your application was filed, either you or your wife should've chosen what location to have your interview if it is requested as part of the application. There were 4 or 5 choices, Buffalo not being one of them. I believe they were New York City, Detriot, Seattle and L.A. I was told that the letter will tell you who needs to attend, but always best to have you and your spouse, although I do not know from personal experience.

Eric Parker

Star Member
Jun 26, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We are having our applications submitted on our behalf by an immigration lawyer. Do we tell that lawyer our intentions if an interview is likely? Or do we bite the bullet and hope they send us to Seattle automatically? I have never been to Buffalo on purpose in my life.

Thanks!

elfut

Star Member
Jun 6, 2005
British Columbia
Eric Parker said:
If my Canadian Wife and I are called for an interview, what would transpire?

I live in Portland, Oregon. The nearest consolate is in Seattle, Washington. If called for an interview, do they interview both of us (me and my wife), or is it just me? And where would it take place? Buffalo where the app is processed or in Seattle? Los Angeles maybe?

Thanks you all!
The paper will state that you should bring your partner usually or for obvious reason. And I think, or maybe, the interview could take place in Seattle if you live in Portland because the Canadian embassy is only in Seattle for that state if I am not wrong.